GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll be out long enough for all of them to pee and get a drink or snack, then take one vote and be back. 30 minutes max, probably quicker than that.

My understanding is there's a penalty phase after the verdict?

Speaking from experience, I can say that you are most likely correct in your post except for the time required. There is a lot of paperwork that has to be filled out by the foreman so I'll give them at least an hour and a half. The jury has been prohibited from speaking about their feelings and may want to vent for a while.

Does anyone know if the inmate in the adjacent cell was instructed to ask about Cherish during the recording timeframe?

I think they'll be out long enough for all of them to pee and get a drink or snack, then take one vote and be back. 30 minutes max, probably quicker than that.

My understanding is there's a penalty phase after the verdict?

I dont think they will ask to see evidence ,thats for sure . I felt awful that they jury had to look at his penis pictures Those pictures being shown right after Cherish's autopsy photos really drove home how depraved this guy is. . I think if it were me having to look at that I would feel like that was the photo of the murder weapon. I do expect the jury to ask a couple of questions about procedure or something like that.

I think his greatest fear is LWOP and being housed in general population where anyone can get him.

I understand your logic, but IMO, he would love to be put in general population so he can mingle with other pedophiles and there are plenty in there to become his groupies. Sociopaths, like him, do very well in general population, and can adapt and manipulate even in there. Just like he has adapted well being locked up for years before the trial.

Some seem to think that there are countless inmates who will kill a pedophile but actually that rarely ever happens. Nowadays the prisons are filled with more and more sex offender/murderers.

Like those that have known him in the past have said.........he is a great manipulator when its to his advantage.

IMO, he is more scared of being placed on death row since he knows he is in Florida where the death penalty is actually carried out. Sociopaths like him care nothing about another human being's life but they do care about their own.

Imo, he will be given the death penalty for no other sentence fits the crimes he has done against Cherish, and we will learn even more about his wicked past deeds in the sentencing phase.

IMO

I understand your logic, but IMO, he would love to be put in general population so he can mingle with other pedophiles and there are plenty in there to become his groupies. Sociopaths, like him, do very well in general population, and can adapt and manipulate even in there. Just like he has adapted well being locked up for years before the trial.

Some seem to think that there are countless inmates who will kill a pedophile but actually that rarely ever happens. Nowadays the prisons are filled with more and more sex offender/murderers.

Like those that have known him in the past have said.........he is a great manipulator when its to his advantage.

IMO, he is more scared of being placed on death row since he knows he is in Florida where the death penalty is actually carried out. Sociopaths like him care nothing about another human being's life but they do care about their own.

Imo, he will be given the death penalty for no other sentence fits the crimes he has done against Cherish, and we will learn even more about his wicked past deeds in the sentencing phase.

IMO

If he was THAT scared of the death penalty, I think he would have submitted a plea of guilty.

Judge has called a Sidebar during the course of reading jury instructions. Wonder why,

Does anyone know if the inmate in the adjacent cell was instructed to ask about Cherish during the recording timeframe?

As far as I am aware the answer is 'no.' The police did this on their own without the help of a cellmate. They couldn't even listen as it was happening and had to wait until it was retrieved by them.

JMO

Forgive me for not providing link, but I will look for it if necessary. He has stated that he does not mind being in prison but does not want to be placed in general population branded as a child rapist and murderer. He knows what happened to inmates there. So, it follows he would be prefer to be on death row where he is isolated .

I wonder if he thinks it was all worth it.

I wonder if he thinks it was all worth it.

You have to wonder, watching him sitting there in that courtroom now. Does appear that he is reflecting back on what has brought him to this point.

If he was THAT scared of the death penalty, I think he would have submitted a plea of guilty.

Any plea would have to first be accepted by the DA. I have heard of no plea deals in this case nor do I think the DA would even consider one if asked for. Why would they? They had all the evidence they needed to prove this case. Some cases dont deserve plea deals of any kind, and this is one of them.

No way were they going to make any deal with this monster by taking the death penalty off of the table even if he wanted to plead guilty and wanted LWOP.

He wanted this trial so everyone could know all of the brutal things he had done to an innocent 8 year old child. He is very proud of what he has done and will continue to talk his filthy smack if he is in general population. He would much prefer to be able to have an audience just like he has had when in jail.

He is hoping there will be hold outs on the jury. Its not going to happen, imo.

Any plea would have to first be accepted by the DA. I have heard of no plea deals in this case nor do I think the DA would even consider one if asked for. Why would they? They had all the evidence they needed to prove this case. Some cases dont deserve plea deals of any kind, and this is one of them.

No way were they going to make any deal with this monster by taking the death penalty off of the table even if he wanted to plead guilty and wanted LWOP.

He wanted this trial so everyone could know all of the brutal things he had done to an innocent 8 year old child. He is very proud of what he has done and will continue to talk his filthy smack if he is in general population. He would much prefer to be able to have an audience just like he has had when in jail.

He is hoping there will be hold outs on the jury. Its not going to happen, imo.
He could have plead guilty without a deal.

The defense is saving their arguments for the penalty phase, IMO.

Yes, but I think her point, which was good, was that even if he did plead guilty, death penalty could still be on the table if he was not offered a deal for that plea, and he probably was not because it wasn't needed due to the strength of the evidence. So he figured he might as well take his chances. Why not....he gets to relive the crime and get a few days out of the prison.

Forgive me for not providing link, but I will look for it if necessary. He has stated that he does not mind being in prison but does not want to be placed in general population branded as a child rapist and murderer. He knows what happened to inmates there. So, it follows he would be prefer to be on death row where he is isolated .

Many murderers like him have said the same when they meant the opposite. Its a mental game they play. He is hoping someone on the jury will fall for that bull and send him to LWOP-general population where he can have his groupies.

He has been in jail for years and he knows the prisons are filled with more and more sex offenders/pedophiles/murderers, and rarely do any of them get murdered by another inmate in prison.

I still believe the jury will do the right thing and give him the harshest punishment allowable by law and that is death, which he totally deserves.

He will rot away in a lone cell and will only be allowed out one hour a day with a guard present.

IMO

Many murderers like him have said the same when they meant the opposite. Its a mental game they play. He is hoping someone on the jury will fall for that bull and send him to LWOP-general population.

He has been in jail for years and he knows the prisons are filled with more and more sex offenders/pedophiles/murderers, and rarely do any of them get murdered by another inmate in prison.

I still believe the jury will do the right thing and give him the harshest punishment allowable by law and that is death, which he totally deserves.

He will rot away in a lone cell and will only be allowed out one hour a day with a guard present.

IMO

Absolutely. And having no contact with others will lessen the chance of him getting his hands on contraband like child *advertiser censored*.

Yes, that is true, he could, but there is no evidence that I have seen the DA was willing to take the death penalty off of the table. The state doe not have to take anything off just because someone wants to plead guilty.

If he had plead guilty then the Judge would have had a jury impaneled to come in for the sentencing phase to see if he got LWOP or death.

IMO the state was never going to agree to take the death penalty off of this case. Never, and he knew it, and also his defense knew it.

JMO

Came here to catch up on the trial, and it’s over already!

I’m very surprised that the defense didn’t cross examine witnesses or and then rested without offering any evidence in their favor. And no closing argument. They knew nothing presented could sway a jury.

But I do find it cruel that he subjected Cherish’s family to this trial. It was very hard to watch Rayne on the stand. She must be heavily medicated to get through this, as she had a very flat affect. And who could blame her? She will regret that night for the rest of her life. Brushing off so many red flags about the perp, trying to believe he was just a Good Samaritan who wanted to help out a mother buying her kids some clothes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Came here to catch up on the trial, and it’s over already!

I’m very surprised that the defense didn’t cross examine witnesses or and then rested without offering any evidence in their favor. And no closing argument. They knew nothing presented could sway a jury.

But I do find it cruel that he subjected Cherish’s family to this trial. It was very hard to watch Rayne on the stand. She must be heavily medicated to get through this, as she had a very flat affect. And who could blame her? She will regret that night for the rest of her life. Brushing off so many red flags about the perp, trying to believe he was just a Good Samaritan who wanted to help out a mother buying her kids some clothes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can the fact they did not do a closing argument be grounds for an appeal ? Most likely it was at the request of the defendant, so I would think they are covered ... yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch