GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anne schindler@schindy
2h2 hours ago
“In just a few moments you will be taken to the jury room by bailiff,” the judge tells jurors. “the first thing you should do is select a jury foreperson.” #donaldsmith @FCN2go

anne schindler@schindy
2h2 hours ago
judge excuses alternates -- three white women, one african american woman. Remaining juror panel is 4 white men (all childless according to my notes) 7 black females and one Hispanic female #DonaldSmith @FCN2go

anne schindler@schindy
2h2 hours ago
More
Jurors are waiting for evidence to be delivered. They have been told to ring a courtroom buzzer when they have chosen a foreperson #DonaldSmith @FCN2go

Jenese Harris@WJXTJenese
2h2 hours ago
#DonaldSmith jury will pick a foreperson. @wjxt4

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
2h2 hours ago
#DonaldSmith - The jury is now deliberating. Stayed tuned to https://lawandcrime.com/ for the latest.

anne schindler@schindy
2h2 hours ago
Jurors were sent to deliberate at 11:10 for the record @FCN2go $#DonaldSmith
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anne schindler@schindy
1h1 hour ago
WE've got a verdict #DonaldSmith @FCN2go

Wild About Trial@WildAboutTrial
1h1 hour ago
The jury only took 14 minutes to come to a verdict! #DonaldSmith. Here we go!

anne schindler@schindy
1h1 hour ago
Rayne Perrywinkle enters the courtroom for verdict @FCN2go #DonaldSmith

anne schindler@schindy
1h1 hour ago
Back in the courtroom waiting for the jury. Lots of extra badges in here. Rayne Perrywinkle is crying #DonaldSmith @FCN2go

First Coast News@FCN2go
1h1 hour ago
Jury is entering the courtroom #DonaldSmith

First Coast News@FCN2go
1h1 hour ago
GUILTY verdict returned in the Cherish Perrywinkle murder trial. Donald Smith has been found guilty of kidnapping, sexually assaulting, and murdering 8-year-old Cherish. #DonaldSmith

DWApAtrVMAI1R53.jpg

First Coast News@FCN2go
1h1 hour ago
Penalty phase begins next week. #DonaldSmith

anne schindler@schindy
1h1 hour ago
Judge tells jurors they must return for penalty phase Tuesday, and to plan on being here late that day #DonaldSmith @FCN2go Jurors may not discuss the case after the case is concluded

Wild About Trial@WildAboutTrial
1h1 hour ago
The penalty phase will begin on Tuesday at 9am ET. #DonaldSmith

Bridgette Matter@bridgetteANjax
1h1 hour ago
#DonaldSmith doesn't react during verdict @ActionNewsJax

DWAp7n_VAAE8QCC.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/hashtag/donaldsmith?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-YEAR-OLD CHERISH PERRYWINKLE MURDER: DONALD SMITH CONVICTED

"Jacksonville, FL - A jury has found Donald Smith guilty for the 2013 kidnapping, rape, and murder of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle.

It took just 14 minutes for the jury to deliver the unanimous verdicts. The penalty phase- which will decide if Smith faces a death sentence- begins Tuesday at 9AM...."

http://www.wokv.com/news/local/year...onald-smith-convicted/5jmCVK20tLexdewZO7NdTJ/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutly disgusting. I hate to go back and try to put milk back in a glass, but what kind of search was done for Cherish that night?

If helicopters were in the air, then certainly Smith' van would have been found within that 3-mile radius of the walmart.

I just don't understand.

Absolutly disgusting. I hate to go back and try to put milk back in a glass, but what kind of search was done for Cherish that night?

If helicopters were in the air, then certainly Smith' van would have been found within that 3-mile radius of the walmart.

I just don't understand.

All I know is that because of the 911 call, LE responded to Walmart at 11 p.m. on Fri., Jun. 22, 2013. The Amber Alert did not go out until 5 a.m. the next morning (Sat., Jun. 23, 2013). I don't know if any searches were conducted between those hours. I do know that after the traffic stop of the white van driven by DS, a tip was called in saying that the van had been spotted, prior to being stopped by LE, at the Church where Cherish was found.

Indespicable.... I'm going to bed.

Defense following through with their strategy....I think we will hear more from them in sentencing. Their goal, IMO, is to try and save his life.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I wondered the same thing, maybe if the Amber Alert had been issued sooner, her life may have been spared. Who knows... This whole trial is just heartbreaking. Being a nurse, I have seen some horrific things done to children, and it floors me every time. I remember every face, and Cherish has affected me just the same. The horror she must have endured is beyond comprehension. Hearing the medical examiner's testimony was almost too much to bear, I can't imagine those poor jurors. The stuff of nightmares for sure....

From 2016, regarding the police response to the 911 call.

Timeline of Cherish's abduction reviewed

Mom's desperate 911 call raises new questions on Jacksonville police response

https://www.news4jax.com/news/inves...se-to-cherish-perrywinkles-abduction-reviewed

Could anything have been done to save the girl's life? An internal review by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office found a lapse in time and judgment by responding officers. John Rutherford, sheriff at the time, said they should have called in more resources and alerted the public much sooner.

While the surveillance video clearly showed Smith walking out with the girl, which was consistent with what the mother was telling officers, for the first several hours police considered it a missing persons case, not an abduction.

"It can't end well at all, but you can only go by the information that you have and the dispatcher did not inform them that it was an abduction, even though Ms. Perrywinkle was quite clear in stating that her daughter was taken," News4Jax crime and safety analyst Gil Smith said. "Not missing, but taken by someone."

Police didn't notify the media of a possible abduction for more than six hours. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement sent out an Amber Alert one hour after that.

The internal report indicates that detectives initially doubted Rayne Perrywinkle's story.

bbm

Does DS have some kind of disorder? He seemed to have had a lot of jerky movements when he was anticipating the verdict and after the verdict. Nervous ticks? I also noted that he actually nodded his head in agreement ? a couple of times. Strange pervert (not that I know any perverts myself). Maybe they all have strange ticks/behaviors? Pfttt.

DONALD SMITH TRIAL - VERDICT - #CHERISHPERRYWINKLE

[video=youtube;CbZbY4SKOfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZbY4SKOfQ[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably the demons inside him dancing.

All I know is that because of the 911 call, LE responded to Walmart at 11 p.m. on Fri., Jun. 22, 2013. The Amber Alert did not go out until 5 a.m. the next morning (Sat., Jun. 23, 2013). I don't know if any searches were conducted between those hours. I do know that after the traffic stop of the white van driven by DS, a tip was called in saying that the van had been spotted, prior to being stopped by LE, at the Church where Cherish was found.

That was the heartbreaking part of this for me. We'll never know when/where exactly this monster killed Cherish - whether it was at the church she was found behind, near the vacant house the stroller was found at, or somewhere else. Still, this is horribly close timing. From my post #2 on the original Media/timeline thread for this case: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...)-Jacksonville-21-Jun-2013-MEDIA-amp-TIMELINE
The Amber Alert is received via NCIC/FCIC at 4:21 a.m.

At 8:34, police received a call from a woman who said she saw a suspicious van at the Highlands Baptist Church at around 7 a.m.

Twenty minutes later, a police officer saw the van on Interstate 95 near the Interstate 10 split.

Of the two detailed timeline links I shared in that 2013 WS post, the one that was the most detailed is still online in media, here: http://www.jacksonville.com/news/cr...riffs-office-releases-timeline-events-cherish

When I re-review the original timeline of the Friday night/Saturday morning that Cherish was kidnapped, raped and murdered, it strikes me again how local angels helped find her body so quickly after the Amber alert went out, especially on a Saturday morning when that type of news can be slow to travel, compared to a work day. The Northside community that DS chose to dump Cherish is actually a tight-knit, salt-of-the-earth blue collar community, and it's definitely one where unusual vehicles in a church parking lot would be noticed. If that connection hadn't been made so quickly by the church's neighbors, it could have taken much longer to find poor Cherish. The police knew DS's clothes were wet so bodies of water were the focus, but there are so many bodies of water in that area of town that it could have taken quite a while to locate the right one - by which time crucial evidence could have been lost. The neighbors weren't able to save poor Cherish but I firmly believe that without them connecting the dots and leading police to the scene so quickly, the surviving evidence wouldn't have been so clear-cut. It's those witnesses who saw something, then said something (and then testified to it) who made all the difference to this case.

When I re-review the original timeline of the Friday night/Saturday morning that Cherish was kidnapped, raped and murdered, it strikes me again how local angels helped find her body so quickly after the Amber alert went out, especially on a Saturday morning when that type of news can be slow to travel, compared to a work day. The Northside community that DS chose to dump Cherish is actually a tight-knit, salt-of-the-earth blue collar community, and it's definitely one where unusual vehicles in a church parking lot would be noticed. If that connection hadn't been made so quickly by the church's neighbors, it could have taken much longer to find poor Cherish. The police knew DS's clothes were wet so bodies of water were the focus, but there are so many bodies of water in that area of town that it could have taken quite a while to locate the right one - by which time crucial evidence could have been lost. The neighbors weren't able to save poor Cherish but I firmly believe that without them connecting the dots and leading police to the scene so quickly, the surviving evidence wouldn't have been so clear-cut. It's those witnesses who saw something, then said something (and then testified to it) who made all the difference to this case.

I feel sheepish now; finally got to read a few articles from today and listen to the closing arguments. Everything I was thinking and stated here about our local angels was included in the closing arguments - and much more eloquently than I ever could have! The prosecutors did a fabulous job speaking for Cherish, for her family, and for the community as a whole!

I wondered the same thing, maybe if the Amber Alert had been issued sooner, her life may have been spared. Who knows... This whole trial is just heartbreaking. Being a nurse, I have seen some horrific things done to children, and it floors me every time. I remember every face, and Cherish has affected me just the same. The horror she must have endured is beyond comprehension. Hearing the medical examiner's testimony was almost too much to bear, I can't imagine those poor jurors. The stuff of nightmares for sure....

Welcome to WS RotorChick.

From 2016, regarding the police response to the 911 call.

Timeline of Cherish's abduction reviewed

Mom's desperate 911 call raises new questions on Jacksonville police response

https://www.news4jax.com/news/inves...se-to-cherish-perrywinkles-abduction-reviewed

bbm

After having listened to the 911 call I have to say that I was furious with the dispatcher. She wasn’t listening to RP and made her repeat herself over and over and IMO was unprofessional. Having been an emergency dispatcher in the past, I am sickened by the whole thing.

So glad to see the guilty verdict. I hope he gets the DP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

After having listened to the 911 call I have to say that I was furious with the dispatcher. She wasn’t listening to RP and made her repeat herself over and over and IMO was unprofessional. Having been an emergency dispatcher in the past, I am sickened by the whole thing.

So glad to see the guilty verdict. I hope he gets the DP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I did kinda get the impression that the dispatcher was kicked back in a chair eating a sandwich or something.

After reading the time line link it does look like some kind of air support was called in for help, but my question is how much air support was there, and what kind ?

Also, I wonder where the abandon house where the stroller was found was in relation to the walmart, and the church?

I did kinda get the impression that the dispatcher was kicked back in a chair eating a sandwich or something.

After reading the time line link it does look like some kind of air support was called in for help, but my question is how much air support was there, and what kind ?

Also, I wonder where the abandon house where the stroller was found was in relation to the walmart, and the church?

The stroller was found in August 2013, in the yard of a vacant home off Broward Road about 2/10 of a mile west from the Highlands Baptist Church where Cherish's body was found. Per the trial testimony, the house was at 2339 Broward Road. Highlands Baptist Church is at 2159 Broward Road. The police sighting of DS van in the morning of his arrest was at the Dunn Avenue on-ramp to southbound I-95, if I recall correctly, and he was arrested on I-95 southbound. Most of the routes to easily get from Broward Road back to Dunn Avenue to get on the interstate would also have taken DS past a police substation at Highlands Square Mall on Dunn Avenue, which is also where one of the testifying citizens drove to get police to come to the church where the 3 citizens had seen the van that morning. The Wal-Mart is at 12100 Lem Turner Rd,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored