GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised.......thanks all....I nodded off during jury instructions.

I'm surprised they completed the forms that quickly, much less elect a foreperson and take the three votes.

moo

I'm not. I think the evidence presented by the prosecution, and lack of defense made a lightening quick verdict inevitable. Thank goodness. The jurors deserve a medal for having to sit through such a horrific case.

I'm so glad to come out of my meetings to see a proper guilty verdict! This trial has restored a tiny bit of faith in Florida (no offense Floridians but well).

Can the fact they did not do a closing argument be grounds for an appeal ? Most likely it was at the request of the defendant, so I would think they are covered ... yes?

I believe they waived their right to a closing argument, so it shouldn’t be an appeals issue.

Also forgive me if this has been covered recently, as I can’t remember the specific details of this case after so long. I just watched the testimony of the couple at Walmart in the gold corolla. Has it been established exactly why this bizarre encounter happened? Why DS would say “ We’re getting cheeseburgers” to a random couple in their car? To establish a witness that could say he was possibly intending to take Cherish to the McDonalds after all? But why have witnesses see you driving away with her in the van?

Edit: also using the cross for the defense to ask about them sitting in their car and having their child in the back seat. What did that accomplish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does DS have some kind of disorder? He seemed to have had a lot of jerky movements when he was anticipating the verdict and after the verdict. Nervous ticks? I also noted that he actually nodded his head in agreement ? a couple of times. Strange pervert (not that I know any perverts myself). Maybe they all have strange ticks/behaviors? Pfttt.

DONALD SMITH TRIAL - VERDICT - #CHERISHPERRYWINKLE

[video=youtube;CbZbY4SKOfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZbY4SKOfQ[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe they waived their right to a closing argument, so it shouldn’t be an appeals issue.

Also forgive me if this has been covered recently, as I can’t remember the specific details of this case after so long. I just watched the testimony of the couple at Walmart in the gold corolla. Has it been established exactly why this bizarre encounter happened? Why DS would say “ We’re getting cheeseburgers” to a random couple in their car? To establish a witness that could say he was possibly intending to take Cherish to the McDonalds after all? But why have witnesses see you driving away with her in the van?

Edit: also using the cross for the defense to ask about them sitting in their car and having their child in the back seat. What did that accomplish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IIRC, the prosecution suggests it was to calm Cherish. DS had told the family his wife would meet them, in a gold car.

Hope I got that right.

May poor Cherish finally find some peace. RIP, sweet girl.

Rot in hell, DS. Is the death sentence on the table?

That's how I interpreted what the prosecutor said..to calm Cherish..Jax49

anne schindler@schindy
9m9 minutes ago

Rayne Perrywinkle reacts to jury's guilty verdict of her child's killer #DonaldSmith @FCN2go (Photo by Bob Self)

DWBEopqWkAAvXLH.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor thing...:(

IIRC, the prosecution suggests it was to calm Cherish. DS had told the family his wife would meet them, in a gold car.

Hope I got that right.

You did, Jax. While RP was on the stand, she stated that when she asked DS what his wife was driving, he said a gold car.

The stars could not have aligned better if he had staged it himself, as when DS spotted that gold car outside of the Walmart at the very moment he was absconding with Cherish in his van. He used that opportunity to his own advantage, to reassure Cherish that everything was going to be just as he had told her mother. For all intents and purposes, it appeared to Cherish that he was telling the truth and could be trusted. A woman was even at the wheel -- driving it, after all -- he probably told Cherish that it WAS his wife!

WOW!!!! Why did this put everyone through this!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a sociopath/psychopath and likes to be in the limelight -- doesn't matter if he's getting good publicity or bad. Likes to be seen.

Does DS have some kind of disorder? He seemed to have had a lot of jerky movements when he was anticipating the verdict and after the verdict. Nervous ticks? I also noted that he actually nodded his head in agreement ? a couple of times. Strange pervert (not that I know any perverts myself). Maybe they all have strange ticks/behaviors? Pfttt.

DONALD SMITH TRIAL - VERDICT - #CHERISHPERRYWINKLE

[video=youtube;CbZbY4SKOfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZbY4SKOfQ[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean, like Tourette's syndrome? I don't think so, but he could have some neurological damage from all the crack he said he has smoked with prostitutes. That could account for some of the involuntary twitching. I noticed it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member