GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I dislike the monetary cost of keeping someone in prison for a life sentence, it makes the most sense to me. Let him wallow in the prison violence and depravity. I'm not against the DP, but a life sentence, IMO, is much worse.
The cost is much greater to put someone to death as it is to incarcerate for life. The appeals process is expensive.
http://deathpenalty.org/facts/5-myths-death-penalty/

The cost is much greater to put someone to death as it is to incarcerate for life. The appeals process is expensive.

...and those appeals go on endlessly up until the very end...constant heartache for the families of the victims for years.

IMO It is really up to what the families want. It is my understanding that both Cherish's mother and father wanted the DP. The 'new' State's Attorney Melissa Nelson also wanted this tired as a DP case, her first as SA since the law recently changed.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/20...ectations-potential-pitfalls-she-takes-office

https://www.news4jax.com/news/donal...kidnapping-rape-murder-of-cherish-perrywinkle

...and those appeals go on endlessly up until the very end...constant heartache for the families of the victims for years.

IMO It is really up to what the families want. It is my understanding that both Cherish's mother and father wanted the DP. The 'new' State's Attorney Melissa Nelson also wanted this tired as a DP case, her first as SA since the law recently changed.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/20...ectations-potential-pitfalls-she-takes-office

https://www.news4jax.com/news/donal...kidnapping-rape-murder-of-cherish-perrywinkle
The family/victims are precluded from recommending any specific punishment in a Capitol Murder sentencing phase. The same holds true as far as the method of death, or timing.
The family in this case will have the opportunity to give a "Victim Impact Statement" before the jury decides the fate of DS, and the jury can take that into consideration.

This also applies to any plea bargain case. The victim(s)/family are precluded from negotiating a plea bargain agreement, but will be allowed to give an Impact Statement before a Judge before it is accepted or denied.

It just occurred to me that they might put DS on the stand to explain the rope. That is such a sinister piece of evidence and seems to hint at what further evil he may have intended towards RP and her children. (IMO--just a thought--). Also, "explaining away" why he took those seats out of the van.

Thing is that trolley of shopping was never going to be checked out. He knew darn well that Rayne would never get any further than the counter before he would have taken what he really wanted and disappeared with that beautiful little girl. Did he check the rope out first himself? Would have looked odd since it was all supposedly on the "gift card" ,so Im assuming it stayed with all the other items in the trolley. Given that, its actually more of an ominous insight into what was going on in his mind. than something he was planning to use...a sort of visual symbol of entrapment and violence. Bottom line - DS is obsessed, he loves what he does and feels no remorse . He toys with people and and is a fantasist. He cant change. .and even though I am no fan of the DP, in this case eradication is essential. jmo

I really don't care at this point how expensive the death penalty is, kill the *advertiser censored*. I want to know that he is hyperventilating, sweating bullets and having diarrhea all the way to the gurney.

The only thing I have against the death penalty is how long it takes for the murderer to be put to death. Shouldn't take any longer than two years. IMO.

Thing is that trolley of shopping was never going to be checked out. He knew darn well that Rayne would never get any further than the counter before he would have taken what he really wanted and disappeared with that beautiful little girl. Did he check the rope out first himself? Would have looked odd since it was all supposedly on the "gift card" ,so Im assuming it stayed with all the other items in the trolley. Given that, its actually more of an ominous insight into what was going on in his mind. than something he was planning to use...a sort of visual symbol of entrapment and violence. Bottom line - DS is obsessed, he loves what he does and feels no remorse . He toys with people and and is a fantasist. He cant change. .and even though I am no fan of the DP, in this case eradication is essential. jmo
Correct me if I am wrong but, I don't think he had rope in his hand when he walked out with Cherish following.
Unless I missed something, I think the ME ruled she was strangled with something wider than rope. I think she said it could have been a shirt etc.

Correct me if I am wrong but, I don't think he had rope in his hand when he walked out with Cherish following.
Unless I missed something, I think the ME ruled she was strangled with something wider than rope. I think she said it could have been a shirt etc.
You' re right Rocky..I think it was just a " contribution" to the trolley he made while in Walmart . A very symbolic one to me but I think a T shirt or a piece of clothing was used to kill our lovely Cherish ..jmo

You're right. DS tossed the rope bundle (package of rope) into RP's shopping cart (trolley). DS did not purchase it before abducting Cherish. He simply left the store without it.

In my opinion (only MOO), I believe he could have strangled her with her headband (pink) that she was wearing at the time, or her underwear that was never found. The way the ME explained the mechanics of the strangulation Cherish endured, sounds consistent with an extremely stretchy headband that had to be constantly twisted more tightly during the process. I noted from the video in Walmart that Cherish was wearing a headband. As to the color of it, I may have read that in an article.

The man needs to die slow and painfully and hopefully turn insane whilst serving time
I agree that life in prison is better as the injection is to quick and kind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I hope he doesn't turn insane while waiting to die or his attorney will file to stop the execution because his client is insane and doesn't understand why he is dying.

You're right. DS tossed the rope bundle (package of rope) into RP's shopping cart (trolley). DS did not purchase it before abducting Cherish. He simply left the store without it.

In my opinion (only MOO), I believe he could have strangled her with her headband (pink) that she was wearing at the time, or her underwear that was never found. The way the ME explained the mechanics of the strangulation Cherish endured, sounds consistent with an extremely stretchy headband that had to be constantly twisted more tightly during the process. I noted from the video in Walmart that Cherish was wearing a headband. As to the color of it, I may have read that in an article.
Again I may be
wrong but, I think the "Pink Headband" came from the mothers description from the 911 call.

How far away are we?? I’m in Aus and can’t figure out the start time!!!!

Is it 12:30 p.m. in Australia right now? If so, the trial is 11 1/2 hours from now.

How far away are we?? I’m in Aus and can’t figure out the start time!!!!

You should be 14 hours ahead, so if it is 12.37 PM on Tues atm, that means the trial will start at 1 AM Wed, your time. I believe it starts at 9.00 AM Tues EST.

"Watch the proceedings live on FirstCoastNews.com starting at 9 a.m. on Tuesday."

Starts in just over 12 hours. HTH's.

Again I may be
wrong but, I think the "Pink Headband" came from the mothers description from the 911 call.

O.K. It's really not important -- but it is to me -- and it is driving me crazy. I remember RP describing the orange dress (with no sleeves) and purple flip flops that Cherish was wearing. It couldn't have been from the 911 call, I don't think, because I remember her telling the 911 dispatcher that she couldn't remember what Cherish was wearing when she was abducted, nor could she remember what DS was wearing.

Where am I getting this information? I don't have a clue. I can only think I read it in one of the articles. I listened again to RP's testimony, but I kept skipping around and if it was mentioned, I missed it.

If anyone knows, please chime in!

O.K. It's really not important -- but it is to me -- and it is driving me crazy. I remember RP describing the orange dress (with no sleeves) and purple flip flops that Cherish was wearing. It couldn't have been from the 911 call, I don't think, because I remember her telling the 911 dispatcher that she couldn't remember what Cherish was wearing when she was abducted, nor could she remember what DS was wearing.

Where am I getting this information? I don't have a clue. I can only think I read it in one of the articles. I listened again to RP's testimony, but I kept skipping around and if it was mentioned, I missed it.

If anyone knows, please chime in!

IIRC Rayne acknowledged all the clothing and pink headband when she was on the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacharard99