GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ever there was a defendant deserving of the death penalty, this is him. I don't say that lightly. I don't believe in it in most cases.
DS is 60 and given the average length of appeals he would be 75-80 year of age. The oldest person executed in the state of Florida was 72. But that's ok. Death row isn't easy time. He'll eat his meals alone in his cell and spend 23 hours alone there. He may think he'll prefer it, but he won't.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

O.K. It's really not important -- but it is to me -- and it is driving me crazy. I remember RP describing the orange dress (with no sleeves) and purple flip flops that Cherish was wearing. It couldn't have been from the 911 call, I don't think, because I remember her telling the 911 dispatcher that she couldn't remember what Cherish was wearing when she was abducted, nor could she remember what DS was wearing.

Where am I getting this information? I don't have a clue. I can only think I read it in one of the articles. I listened again to RP's testimony, but I kept skipping around and if it was mentioned, I missed it.

If anyone knows, please chime in!

IIRC, during the 911 call, at first RP says she doesn't remember what Cherish is wearing, but then later in the call she remembers and describes the dress and the headband -- not sure if she mentions the shoes or not.

O.K. It's really not important -- but it is to me -- and it is driving me crazy. I remember RP describing the orange dress (with no sleeves) and purple flip flops that Cherish was wearing. It couldn't have been from the 911 call, I don't think, because I remember her telling the 911 dispatcher that she couldn't remember what Cherish was wearing when she was abducted, nor could she remember what DS was wearing.

Where am I getting this information? I don't have a clue. I can only think I read it in one of the articles. I listened again to RP's testimony, but I kept skipping around and if it was mentioned, I missed it.

I saw it in the press, but I didn't watch the entire trial.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/donal...erish-perrywinkle-before-she-met-donald-smith

Those same surveillance images show an unsuspecting Cherish, wearing a headband in her favorite color, skipping out the door with Smith -- in her final minutes of carefree innocence.

IIRC, during the 911 call, at first RP says she doesn't remember what Cherish is wearing, but then later in the call she remembers and describes the dress and the headband -- not sure if she mentions the shoes or not.

Thank you, Auntie. I'll go back and have a re-listen. Still, I don't think I'll find out the source of the purple flip flops. (Maybe I am embellishing -- I listen to podcasts all night while sleeping!)

I just listened to the 911 calls. You are right. she couldn't remember what Cherish was wearing. The first question the state asked after the call was over was, "Do you remember what she was wearing now"? RP explains the dress and the headband.
Time Stamp@ 46.48.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDgw18EkoQ

Thank you, Auntie. I'll go back and have a re-listen. Still, I don't think I'll find out the source of the purple flip flops. (Maybe I am embellishing -- I listen to podcasts all night while sleeping!)

I can't trust my memory on what was on the 911 call vs what she said on the stand, but I remember purple flip flops as well.

All it takes is a second of inattentiveness for a pedophile to see an opportunity, no matter how careful you are. Once when my children were young, we were at a church potluck. While I was talking to a friend about a recipe for her dip, a man began talking to my 4 year old daughter and began walking her out the door. I didn't notice until they were halfway down the hallway and almost to the back doors. I began running after them screaming "what are you doing", he then let go of her hand and ran for the door. No one recognized him, he was not a member of the church, but had apparently showed up with the crowds for the potluck. My daughter said he was taking her to show him his new puppy outside. It was a matter of less than a minute before I lost my daughter forever.

What a scary and also wonderful story, RotorChick. I would imagine you were shaking all over for quite a while. We have three granddaughters, and I worry for them, too. My son & DIL are very careful, but bad things do happen even to the most watchful & careful parents and others who care for children.

We need to make sure our children know what "stranger danger" is, but it is difficult to find the place where we are crossing a line from teaching them to be careful when around strangers, and scaring them from everyone they might meet. You don't want them afraid to leave the house, but you don't want them to be too trusting with every adult or young adult they meet.

And it seems Mariah had too few people on whom she could depend. She was in a very tuff spot for such a little girl, and no one was there when things got very scary and painful. She is at peace now, but it came at a very high cost.

And one more comment:
:welcome:

[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]Welcome to Websleuths,
[/FONT]
:cheer:[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]RotorChick !![/FONT]:cheer:
[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms][/FONT]
:greetings:[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms] [/FONT]
[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms] We're glad you're here!![/FONT]

I just listened to the 911 calls. You are right. she couldn't remember what Cherish was wearing. The first question the state asked after the call was over was, "Do you remember what she was wearing now"? RP explains the dress and the headband.
Time Stamp@ 46.48.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDgw18EkoQ

Bless you, my child! I skipped over it while re-listening! Thank you!

I think it came from mom when she was on the witness stand. I don't recall reading it before then, but it is possible.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...cherish-perrywinkle-murder-trial/77-517965252
“He was giving my 8-year-old too much attention ... I should have told him no, but my girls need clothes so bad," Rayne said in her 911 call that was played for the jury. At the time she could not remember what Cherish was wearing because she said she was panicking.

However, on the witness stand Monday, she recalled, "Purple flip flops, an orange dress with a fruit pattern on it. She had a pink headband."

Thanks all for the start time [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't trust my memory on what was on the 911 call vs what she said on the stand, but I remember purple flip flops as well.

All three items are mentioned in her testimony at trial. It is at the very end, immediately following the 911 call, she is asked then what Cherish was wearing (the last time she saw her at the Walmart before she was abducted by DS):

"Purple flip flops, an orange dress with no sleeves with a fruit pattern on it; she had a pink headband."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKjrfKDDwCE&t=43s (at 50:26)

Thanks, everyone, for helping me recapture my memory (Pinot Grigio syndrome?).

What a scary and also wonderful story, RotorChick. I would imagine you were shaking all over for quite a while. We have three granddaughters, and I worry for them, too. My son & DIL are very careful, but bad things do happen even to the most watchful & careful parents and others who care for children.

We need to make sure our children know what "stranger danger" is, but it is difficult to find the place where we are crossing a line from teaching them to be careful when around strangers, and scaring them from everyone they might meet. You don't want them afraid to leave the house, but you don't want them to be too trusting with every adult or young adult they meet.

And it seems Mariah had too few people on whom she could depend. She was in a very tuff spot for such a little girl, and no one was there when things got very scary and painful. She is at peace now, but it came at a very high cost.

And one more comment:
:welcome:

[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]Welcome to Websleuths,
[/FONT]
:cheer:[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]RotorChick !![/FONT]:cheer:
[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms][/FONT]
:greetings:[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms] [/FONT]
[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms] We're glad you're here!![/FONT]

the problem in this case is that he was no longer a stranger as RP was talking with him, cherish was given a false sense of security: mum “knows” him, we know his name, he is no longer a stranger

the problem in this case is that he was no longer a stranger as RP was talking with him, cherish was given a false sense of security: mum “knows” him, we know his name, he is no longer a stranger

And they had already ridden in the van!!! It was an approved place to be, in her mind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what time penalty phase starts today. X I'm really ready for this scum bucket to get what he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paintedhousecat