GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for the worst!!
-----------------------------------------
Feb15

"The jury was ordered to return to court Tuesday to begin the penalty phase of the trial. Smith faces a possible death sentence. He was convicted of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual battery on a child less than 12 years of age."

http://time.com/5158626/donald-smith-cherish-perrywinkle-murder/

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

K9 Officer Charlie Wilkie Shows How Investigators Cracked Donald Smith Case (VIDEO)

"Officer Charlie Wilkie and his K9 Gator joined Law&Crime Network host Amy Dash on Thursday to show how they discovered the body of murdered eight-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle. Thanks to investigators, prosecutors had the evidence to convict murderer Donald Smith, who abducted Perrywinkle from a Walmart the night of June 21, 2013..."

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...nvestigators-cracked-donald-smith-case-video/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K9 Officer Charlie Wilkie Shows How Investigators Cracked Donald Smith Case (VIDEO)

"Officer Charlie Wilkie and his K9 Gator joined Law&Crime Network host Amy Dash on Thursday to show how they discovered the body of murdered eight-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle. Thanks to investigators, prosecutors had the evidence to convict murderer Donald Smith, who abducted Perrywinkle from a Walmart the night of June 21, 2013..."

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...nvestigators-cracked-donald-smith-case-video/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilkie didn't crack the case. It was cracked by citizines that saw the amber alert. If the amber alert was issued when it was supposed to have, Cherish might still be alive.

I just had a horrible thought. The photos that shocked and saddened the court room, including the medical examiner who did the exam..... was he able to view those photos? Of her naked body? Please tell me no.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He could have but it was reported he looked away.

I'm actually glad to hear that. I was wondering if that was another reason he went to trial.... to get a look at some free *advertiser censored* (in his eyes!! Not in anyone else's. I don't think I had to explain that, but you never know ).

This is one of the most depraved and disgusting defendants I have seen in a long time. If anyone deserves DEATH, it is this . JMO

Whoa at those videos and thanks for posting some background information.

Why on earth was this man let out in the community so freely after that 2013 incident? It’s always about migrating these back into the community and then look what happens. I can just look at the dirty bugger and tell he is a perverted psycho and I hope his life ends painfully and slow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually glad to hear that. I was wondering if that was another reason he went to trial.... to get a look at some free *advertiser censored* (in his eyes!! Not in anyone else's. I don't think I had to explain that, but you never know ).

Defendants are allowed to see all of the evidence including photos-videos etc. before trial when the discovery has been turned over to their attorneys.

I am sure this inhumane waste had already seen everything before it was presented at trial.

I forget to even mention the mother in all of this. I definitely understand that when you have 3 young children around you, you are tired etc. But their were times in that video when they were in Walmart and the two younger ones were no where near mom, and mom wasn’t looking for them. She seemed very relaxed and I cannot believe she allowed that to take Cherish to the McDonald’s after just meeting him an hour ago. Absolutely mind blowing!

I wanted to jump through the screen watching the trial when she said, something about he was to into her, as in Cherish!! But you still allowed him to take her away from your sight!!! Insane

I forget to even mention the mother in all of this. I definitely understand that when you have 3 young children around you, you are tired etc. But their were times in that video when they were in Walmart and the two younger ones were no where near mom, and mom wasn’t looking for them. She seemed very relaxed and I cannot believe she allowed that to take Cherish to the McDonald’s after just meeting him an hour ago. Absolutely mind blowing!

I wanted to jump through the screen watching the trial when she said, something about he was to into her, as in Cherish!! But you still allowed him to take her away from your sight!!! Insane

Please remember she's a victim also.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looking forward to Tuesday. I wonder if we will see even more twitching. All his power, control and evil games have been taken away.

I have been poor. I had children. But never in my most desperate moments would I have allowed a stranger access to my child. Not for one minute. Not for a meal or a dress or any amount of money. I am certain this mother is haunted by what she allowed. I cannot imagine the amount of guilt she must carry. Her life is ruined and she lost custody of the other daughters. We are all just one bad decision removed from tragedy.

Never say never. No matter how smart we think we are. We should never go as far to think that we are to smart to fall victim to a con-man.

What happened to this woman could of easily of happend to a rich woman or any other woman for that matter. It's usally people that think their to smart to be fooled, that get fooled.

Looking forward to Tuesday. I wonder if we will see even more twitching. All his power, control and evil games have been taken away.

I know, Bravo. A drastic change from his earlier demeanor.

Now, I don't have all the links, but I'm just going to comment on a few things I've seen and read.

One is that at some point in the proceedings (it could have been at a pre-trial hearing, and not the trial -- I'm not sure), DS appeared in the courtroom (in the a.m.) clad in a pink dress shirt and tie. After the break (or lunch break?), he reappeared and was dressed in a completely different colored shirt. I'm sure he was told to change that shirt, because I did read an article that said pink was Cherish's favorite color.

Then, the glasses on top of the head. The first day and a half of trial, I think he was wearing them on top of his head. That last day, when the verdict was reached, he had not been wearing them in that way. I think his attorneys told him that was a bit too cavalier for a public forum -- especially one where he was on trial for raping and murdering a little child. (But, wait a minute, I may be wrong here. When he posed for the camera in the courtroom, wasn't he wearing those glasses on top of his head? I have to go back and check that.)

Gary Gerstenfeld, a defense attorney who appeared on the Law and Crime Network, commented that his demeanor in the courtroom was of someone attending a backyard barbecue (paraphrasing).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2TEjl1x8A0&t=536s
Gary Gerstenfeld - Jenese Harris
Law and Crime Network (at 11:00/13:57)
"Does this guy look particularly nervous?"

It was also discussed, on that same video, that he actually winked at someone (his attorney?) or winked at the camera. I haven't been able to get to the bottom of that one yet.

The wind is definitely out of his sails now. Too bad it's not yet out of his lungs as well.

No matter what a Sociopaths end game is they are good at finding people's weaknesses. Sadly he found Raine's.

Great post Alexwood. Especially luv that last line. Man it took a couple days to decompress from this and then the school shooting happened. Mad world we live in.

I cant say enough about everyone involved bringing this Trial to a conclusion. Amazing work by LE, locals, K9, Prosecutors etc. I was particularly impressed that even with all the evidence 2 yrs. later they bugged his cell. Went that extra mile to cement the deal for a possible DP. I don't know how some do this heartbreaking work day after day. Kudos to them and so grateful somebody can.

My thanks go to the judge also, who put off her retirement to see this case through. Well done Judge Mallory Cooper

My thanks go to the judge also, who put off her retirement to see this case through. Well done Judge Mallory Cooper

For sure. She was so kind and respectful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member