GUILTY FL - Christian Aguilar, 18, UF student, Gainesville, 20 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I graduated this past May and then moved out of the country to be with my husband in June. Wishing I was back in Gainesville to help this family.

Oh, me too. I'm 9 hours away right now but I've been asking my friends there who have helped me in the past with WS stuff to search. Am consideing making a trip home (Hollywood) so i can help in gville. Several friends have said they've seen it on Facebook, etc. so that's awesome. Asked my old prof today to mention it in class - he did. I wish Christian had been in gville longer before this happened - would have known more people and their friends to search. I hope his professors have gotten the word out - sadly his classes are 90% huge. I'm going to reach out to old profs and ask them to encourage their students to search - offer extra credit or something. Whatever it takes. I miss the gator community and wish I could help. I know LE reads these boards - in a past case I'd alerted GPD and they said they were following the threads for ideas. Bah - hoping Christian will be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe for a moment that Pedro will walk away free. There's too much evidence against him and LE is continuing to collect more evidence. If Christian isn't located, they will presume he is dead. There have been a number of no-body murder cases that have gone to trial and resulted in a conviction:

http://www.nobodycases.com/

I don't think he will go away free but if they don't find Christian, the car, shovel or have blood evidence they don't have much to go on IMO.

Big difference from what he's charged with now and murder as you are well aware of. You don't need me to tell you that:blushing:

I'm hopeful with all the resources on the ground right now that the charges will be up graded.

That's certainly some great news!

I wonder how long they have had the car?

I hope they didn't jump the gun on that info. Hopefully it's something LE wanted released.

Not being skeptical (well just a little) but I've seen it happen before.

I live near one of the areas that was searched today, so we spoke with one of the officers that was searching. He said they were looking anywhere a "2 wheeled vehicle carrying weight" could go. Not sure how to take that.

I then spent quite a while search the woods near my house.

As to arrest reports from GPD. They are generally available at

P2c.gainesvillepd.org

If you search by name, you can get the reports. I didn't find anything, so I think ASO may be the one that arrested him. ASO does not have reports available on line as far as I know.

Open Campus is the portal that school uses for access to classes, not an ISP

Paynes Prairie is a possibility, but someone new to the area wouldn't know how to get to the prairie except thru the State park which is closed at night, or along I75 or 441 both of which would have a lot of traffic.

Please feel free to ask questions about the area. I have lived here 40 years, was a SFC and UF student.

but did not recover anything from the vehicle that would point to Aguilar’s whereabouts. "

I read that as slightly parsing words--it doesn't say they didn't find anything that would point to his injury, Pedro's guilt, or anything like that, it simply says it doesn't lead them to Christian.

As a lawyer, that parsing makes me hopeful that there is still evidentiary value to the car and its contents.

Always an optimist and thinking towards (sadly) the prosecution's case.

I live near one of the areas that was searched today, so we spoke with one of the officers that was searching. He said they were looking anywhere a "2 wheeled vehicle carrying weight" could go. Not sure how to take that.

I then spent quite a while search the woods near my house.

As to arrest reports from GPD. They are generally available at

P2c.gainesvillepd.org

If you search by name, you can get the reports. I didn't find anything, so I think ASO may be the one that arrested him. ASO does not have reports available on line as far as I know.

Open Campus is the portal that school uses for access to classes, not an ISP

Paynes Prairie is a possibility, but someone new to the area wouldn't know how to get to the prairie except thru the State park which is closed at night, or along I75 or 441 both of which would have a lot of traffic.

Please feel free to ask questions about the area. I have lived here 40 years, was a SFC and UF student.

Sounds like he stuck a bike in his car, left the car somewhere and rode back to the city.

This is incredibly frustrating, much like Sierra LaMar. It makes me angry.

you guys just don't know how absolutely angry that makes me.

I am so sorry Mr. and Mrs. Aguilar... you do not deserve nor did your son.

I'm sure Bravo's family members are hurting....BUT they need to tell their son to do the right thing. He needs to tell the truth.
Where is Chris???

I'm sure Bravo's family members are hurting....BUT they need to tell their son to do the right thing. He needs to tell the truth.
Where is Chris???

I hope everyone has better luck tomorrow. They now know Pedro purchased the shovel, tape, and they've found his car with nothing leading to where Christian is. Seems like they are finding things and eliminating things as the days go on. I really hope this is solved. I don't know how much more I can take of watching this family suffering the way they are.

How likely does anyone think it is that he was thrown into a lake? I hate to sound terrible but I sure hope that's not the case because there are gators everywhere...

I read that as slightly parsing words--it doesn't say they didn't find anything that would point to his injury, Pedro's guilt, or anything like that, it simply says it doesn't lead them to Christian.

As a lawyer, that parsing makes me hopeful that there is still evidentiary value to the car and its contents.

Always an optimist and thinking towards (sadly) the prosecution's case.

I thought the same thing, chinacat. I'm sure they're still going through the car for DNA evidence. They'll have to send samples to a lab and it will take a while to get results back. Meanwhile, LE will continue to focus on finding Christian.

Most of the lakes have really low water right now.

Lake Alice on campus is too popular, eventhough it has a lot of Alligators
Lake wauburg is closed at night 10-15 miles
Orange Lake would require a mud boat
Santa Fe would be possible, but it is about 30 miles
There are some small lakes, but someone new to town probably won't know about them.

The area near Best Buy and Cabana Beach has some retention ponds, but they are near frequently traveled roads. There are a lot of swampy areas where they have been searching with water 1-2 feet deep, and of course lots of gators and snakes is those areas.

There are some small lakes, but someone new to town probably won't know about them.

The area near Best Buy and Cabana Beach has some retention ponds, but they are near frequently traveled roads. There are a lot of swampy areas where they have been searching with water 1-2 feet deep, and of course lots of gators and snakes is those areas.

What do you think about "hidden lake" over near the first place they were searching?

What about Newman Lake? From the maps, it looks pretty expansive. I had thought it more likely that the car would be found in a lake. I wonder where LE found it since AFAIK they hadn't search any bodies of water yet. And, I can understand why LE isn't in any hurry to search the lakes, with all the talk about alligators and snakes. Doesn't seem that Bravo would have put himself in any danger, so I have my doubts about Christian being in water. JMO

I think the suspect will talk. It sounds like he is filled with remorse and will confess. He's probably already told the girlfriend. Perhaps she will speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en