GUILTY FL - Christian Aguilar, 18, UF student, Gainesville, 20 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DH is trying to triangulate the area that Pedro would be familiar with. I sent him the maps.(even though he's sitting right next to me lol) Police report, the whole nine yards. Im happy for his help. He is zeroing in on Pedro's familiarity with Gainesville in the first place after being there only a few weeks.

Please thank Mr. Cold Pizza for helping us Sleuthers try to find Christian! :seeya:

Given the original map here http://goo.gl/maps/yG7lx

What takes him to the N.E side of town? There is nothing factual at this point to put him there except his account of the timeline.

This was actually something I wanted to research when I was trying to guess where PB would likely go. I was wondering, when a perp kidnaps and transports to murder someone or transports to hide the body, which direction are they more likely to go? With PB I was thinking he would likely go the opposite direction of miami, where he is from, so North. Then, something I remember reading in a book about Walt Disney, he said people tend to go right. So I was thinking PB would have headed NE. Then I was wondering how often a victim was found in the direction opposite of where the perp was familiar (home) and to the right. Or was I trying to be to logical with illogical minds? Moo and thanks for reading my ponderings.

Well now I have to remind myself that that last ping of Christian's cell phone does put the phone on 222 just South of Gainesvile Regional airport.

Gainesville Police Department shared a status.
2 hours ago
Volunteer check-in for the Christian Aguilar Search and Recovery Operation will remain at the Florida Farm Bureau (5700 SW 34th St) at 9:00am Sunday morning.

http://www.facebook.com/GainesvillePolice

Blood in SUV, hidden backpack helped lead to murder charge

State Attorney Bill Cervone said the lack of a body is unusual in a murder case but added the circumstantial evidence was strong enough to charge Bravo, an 18-year-old Santa Fe College student.

snip

"The ordinary murder case starts with the discovery of a body and works backward. This isn't ordinary, but it is legally permissible to prosecute for murder in the absence of a body," Cervone said on Saturday. "It requires circumstantial evidence proving death and I believe we have that."

snip
Bravo's Blazer was processed for evidence and blood was found in several spots. GPD spokesman Ben Tobias said Saturday the Florida Department of Law Enforcement will fast-track its testing of the blood to determine if it matches Aguilar.

snip

Kozlowski said police talked to Bravo for 10 to 12 hours without an attorney present.

snip

Gov. Scott, meanwhile, slipped into town and searched an area in the vicinity of Southwest 24th Avenue and 43rd Street with Aguilar's father, Carlos Aguilar.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...-hidden-backpack-helped-lead-to-murder-charge

They talked to him for a long, long time. They are where they are. Since then he is maintaining his right to remain silence," said Ron Kozlowski.

Kozlowski is one of the attorney's representing Bravo. Even with all of the evidence found, he says there isn't enough probable cause for murder. "They interrogated him. He drove them around town. He showed them what they thought he knew," he said.
http://www.fox30jax.com/content/top...r-Christian-still/kgwzgacW2kurB9Hd08RkVw.cspx

ETA: attorney is Associate attorney at boutique law firmhttp://www.linkedin.com/pub/ron-kozlowski/12/630/993

which means mom & dad are paying- and have full control of said attorney.

I did a search on google for newnans lake and lime and it turns out that lime is regularly added to the lake to increase the catfish population. There are several access points for a car to drive right up to the edge of the lake. This lake is south of th Gainesville regional airport where the last cellphone ping was according to another ws poster. Maybe Pedro was familiar with the lake if he went there to do some sketching for his art class.

This older Miami herald article has some info that I don't think has been posted:

"Bravo’s ex-girlfriend, Erika Friman, whom he had dated for about two years while they attended Doral Academy, enrolled at Santa Fe as well.

Then, Friman and Aguilar started dating at the beginning of the semester.

Aguilar and Bravo stopped talking.

D’Bazo said Thursday night would have been the first time Aguilar and Bravo had met up since their falling out. Exactly what happened while they were together remains a mystery"
Bbm

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/24/3019242/search-continues-for-missing-miami.html

Bravo’s family, however, was not at Saturday’s hearing.
“They were eager to support their son,” Kozlowski said. “However, we were able to persuade them not to come because of all the media attention.”
After the hearing, Kozlowski said Bravo’s parents are “extremely upset and worried” about their son.
“They feel horrible about this,” he said. “They are praying that Chris is found.” http://www.alligator.org/article_79ef61ea-0a84-11e2-90dc-0019bb2963f4.html

This was actually something I wanted to research when I was trying to guess where PB would likely go. I was wondering, when a perp kidnaps and transports to murder someone or transports to hide the body, which direction are they more likely to go? With PB I was thinking he would likely go the opposite direction of miami, where he is from, so North. Then, something I remember reading in a book about Walt Disney, he said people tend to go right. So I was thinking PB would have headed NE. Then I was wondering how often a victim was found in the direction opposite of where the perp was familiar (home) and to the right. Or was I trying to be to logical with illogical minds? Moo and thanks for reading my ponderings.

As always... I like the way you think!

Blood in SUV, hidden backpack helped lead to murder charge

State Attorney Bill Cervone said the lack of a body is unusual in a murder case but added the circumstantial evidence was strong enough to charge Bravo, an 18-year-old Santa Fe College student.

snip

"The ordinary murder case starts with the discovery of a body and works backward. This isn't ordinary, but it is legally permissible to prosecute for murder in the absence of a body," Cervone said on Saturday. "It requires circumstantial evidence proving death and I believe we have that."

snip
Bravo's Blazer was processed for evidence and blood was found in several spots. GPD spokesman Ben Tobias said Saturday the Florida Department of Law Enforcement will fast-track its testing of the blood to determine if it matches Aguilar.

snip

Kozlowski said police talked to Bravo for 10 to 12 hours without an attorney present.

snip

Gov. Scott, meanwhile, slipped into town and searched an area in the vicinity of Southwest 24th Avenue and 43rd Street with Aguilar's father, Carlos Aguilar.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...-hidden-backpack-helped-lead-to-murder-charge

Regarding:
"......Police talked to Bravo for 10 to 12 hours without an attorney present."

did this take place today, Saturday?

Or does it refer to the original interview days ago?

I did a search on google for newnans lake and lime and it turns out that lime is regularly added to the lake to increase the catfish population. There are several access points for a car to drive right up to the edge of the lake. This lake is south of th Gainesville regional airport where the last cellphone ping was according to another ws poster. Maybe Pedro was familiar with the lake if he went there to do some sketching for his art class.

:welcome: Barefoot!

Great, informational post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members