Identified! FL - Christmas, WhtFem 259UFFL, 24-29, incomplete braces removal, Dec'03 Holly Garcia

Investigators say they believe Miguel Garcia-Rivera’s family might have information about where he is now or what his relationship with Holly was like.
Investigators say they believe Miguel Garcia-Rivera’s family might have information about where he is now or what his relationship with Holly was like.

''According to investigators, Garcia was also known to have a husband at the time, identified as Miguel Angel Garcia-Rivera. Detectives say they’re still trying to locate him as well for questioning in the case.

Investigators say they believe Garcia-Rivera’s family might have information about where he is now or what his relationship with Holly was like.

Detectives with the Cold Case Unit are also asking anyone who may have known Miguel and Holly, or who may have been a neighbor to call Crimeline at 800-423-8477.''

screen-shot-2024-06-21-at-9-29-50-am.png

The case remained cold until 2022 when the sheriff's department received a grant from the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System. The grant was used to collaborate with Othram Labs, which used forensic genetic genealogy to study the remains and create a DNA profile

Police said Garcia had never been reported missing and asked for anyone who may have known her to come forward. They also said they are searching for her husband, Miguel Angel Garcia-Rivera.

"We are thankful and happy that she has been identified but we are starting from scratch 20-plus years later to find out what occurred to her," Det. Chelsey Koepsell said in a video about Garcia's identification.

I don't think that sketch is too far off.

I was in Christmas, FL last month hiking. Very rural still. I stayed on the east side of Orlando, right at the UCF campus. Maybe a 15 minute drive to where she was found.
I agree. Hard features are right on IMO, including the off-line of her nose. I am SO glad and grateful that Othram has come through for this young lady!! Thank you just really doesn't cover it. Like so many others I have looked for her name for some 20 years. And now it is known. Peace .

Holly Garcia (OCSO)
The case went cold until 2022, when a grant from the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System allowed the sheriff’s office to partner with Othram Labs. Forensic genetic genealogy, a technique analyzing DNA to identify relatives, led to a match in 2023 and the official identification of Garcia in March 2024

I agree. Hard features are right on IMO, including the off-line of her nose. I am SO glad and grateful that Othram has come through for this young lady!! Thank you just really doesn't cover it. Like so many others I have looked for her name for some 20 years. And now it is known. Peace .
This is what we live for!

This is what we live for!
Transformational science is a beautiful thing! Keep bringing it! Hundreds of years of police, prosecutors, judges and families prayed for the kind of authoritative answers that these technologies now bring. Honestly I feel honored to be alive for this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjah
Back