FL FL - Cieha Taylor, 28, dropped off bf, car found on tracks, Plant City, 6 Feb 2020 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family offering $10,000 reward for Plant City woman who vanished 2 years ago | WFLA

Feb 09, 2022
The family of a Plant City woman who vanished two years ago is offering a $10,000 reward for help finding her.

Two years after her disappearance, the family of Cieha Taylor is still searching for answers.

According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, there is still an active and open investigation related to Cieha Taylor. HCSO shared information regarding her case on social media accounts for the two-year anniversary to once again encourage anyone with information to come forward.

To find more missing persons, send more alerts, Hillsborough sheriff says

Cieha Taylor should have been celebrating her 30th birthday last week.

Instead, for the second year in a row, her mother met that day with friends and family where the railroad tracks cross Trapnell Road in Plant City — the spot where her daughter’s black Toyota Solaris was found abandoned and running with her purse and cellphone inside on Feb. 6, 2020.

“We went over every scenario and every possibility we can think of in our heads and still are coming up with nothing,” said the missing woman’s mother, Canitha Taylor.

As weeks turn to months with no news, the family has added $10,000 to the CrimeStoppers rewards for tips on Cieha’s whereabouts.

Florida law dictates how to deal with established categories of missing persons — “endangered,” “Silver Alert” or “runaway” for example. But Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister said his office is stepping up the attention it brings to people in all categories, especially those whose cases are growing cold.

Since Chronister took office in 2017, his office has worked to revamp its online missing persons portal. The page now includes headshots, a rough timeline and additional details for every missing persons report the office receives. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office has since established a similar portal.

In addition, the Hillsborough Sheriff’s Office has dramatically increased the number of missing persons alerts it sends to local news organizations, no longer limiting them to those classified as endangered, said spokesperson Crystal Clark.

….
Lead Detective Joseph Florio describes his frustration, noting that every homicide detective in the office has helped in the search and saying, “Of all the cases I’ve worked prior to this, we’ve had some type of resolution to them. Unfortunately in this case we still have not found Cieha Taylor.”

Still Missing: The search for Cieha Taylor

PLANT CITY, Fla. -- It has been more than two years since Cieha Taylor was last seen in Plant City.

On Feb. 6, 2020, Cieha, 28, was at a home where she had been staying with her boyfriend. Later that evening, her car was found on railroad tracks in Plant City. No one was with the car, which was running.

The door was open, her phone on the ground and her wallet was inside. And she has not been seen since.

On the latest episode of To The Point Already, Spectrum Bay News 9 anchors Rick Elmhorst and Roy De Jesus talk with Bay News 9 Anchor/Reporter Jorja Roman and Cieha's mother Canitha Taylor about the status of the case.

In addition to the strange circumstances surrounding the disappearance, more questions emerged after the seemingly-delayed urgency to the case.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said that when law enforcement officers responded to the location of the car, the decision was made to move it to the side of the road since a missing person report had not been filed yet.

Three days later, her family learned about her car being on the side of the road and that's when they filed a missing person report.

The sheriff's office said a missing person's report would have flagged law enforcement to do more then.

"Upon determining the significance of the vehicle, detectives acted quickly to complete a full forensic processing of the vehicle," the sheriff's office said in a response to Roman.

Canitha Taylor added that forensic processing didn't take place until after she drove the vehicle home, which was days later.

Two years later, no real progress has been seen in the case.

Cieha's family has a Facebook page called Finding Cieha where they share information about her case with the community. The family is now getting more help from people in the community. A group of retired law enforcement officers and veterans is looking for clues in her disappearance.

The group of volunteers called "We Are The Essentials" has been searching the area where her car was found.

"(I feel) lost and disappointed in the sheriff's department because of the lack of help," Canitha said. "Devastated is a good word."

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says detectives continue to follow up on leads and they're encouraging anyone with information to come forward.

You can reach the sheriff's office at (813) 247-8200. Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000 for information in this case. You can submit tips anonymously.

On Feb. 6, 2020, Cieha, 28, was at a home where she had been staying with her boyfriend. Later that evening, her car was found on railroad tracks in Plant City. No one was with the car, which was running.

The door was open, her phone on the ground and her wallet was inside. And she has not been seen since.

On the latest episode of To The Point Already, Spectrum Bay News 9 anchors Rick Elmhorst and Roy De Jesus talk with Bay News 9 Anchor/Reporter Jorja Roman and Cieha's mother Canitha Taylor about the status of the case.

In addition to the strange circumstances surrounding the disappearance, more questions emerged after the seemingly-delayed urgency to the case.

Hi all

I am from the UK and was thinking about this and for some reason 'quarry' came into my head. I notice that there is a quarry (Achan Quarry) 20 minutes from Trapnell Road where the abandoned car was found and as these places are sadly notorious for criminal activity, I wondered whether the search had been extended to such a place? Thanks, take care all.

Hi all

I am from the UK and was thinking about this and for some reason 'quarry' came into my head. I notice that there is a quarry (Achan Quarry) 20 minutes from Trapnell Road where the abandoned car was found and as these places are sadly notorious for criminal activity, I wondered whether the search had been extended to such a place? Thanks, take care all.
Good thinking! Her car wasn't found at the quarry tho. It was found at the railroad tracks in Plant City, FL.

Snip

Posted today.

Cieha Annette Taylor is still missing
1f494.png

Cieha Annette Taylor
AGE LAST SEEN: 28
HAIR: Red/Auburn EYES: Brown
HEIGHT: 5’6” WEIGHT: 170 lbs

CIRCUMSTANCES:
Cieha Taylor was last seen at around 4pm on Thursday, February 06, 2020 when she left a residence on Cowart Rd in Plant City after dropping her boyfriend off. Her car was found around 7pm, abandoned at East Trapnell Rd just West of Jap Tucker Rd in Plant City. The car was unlocked and running on the railroad tracks. The Taylor family is offering a $10,000. reward for any information that leads to them to finding Cieha. Crimes toppers are offering upto $5000 also.
1f49b.png
FACEBOOK PAGE: Finding Cieha
1f49b.png
INSTAGRAM: @Findingcieha.
1f49b.png
EMAIL THE FAMILY:
Findingcieha@yahoo.com
⚠️
If you have any information regarding Cieha Taylor, please contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Officee at (813)-247-8000 or the family directly at the above social media accounts.

June 15, 2022.

To Note:
•In February 2020, Cieha, then 28, was hanging out with the wrong crowd, according to her mother.
•On the night she went missing, Cieha got into a fight with her boyfriend, her mother said. Cieha was supposed to go to a friend’s house. She called her friend crying, upset from the fight.
•Suspects, including her boyfriend, were interviewed. … But police still find themselves at a dead end in the case.
•Cieha’s boyfriend was the last person to see her alive, according to her mother. Police have not ruled him out as a suspect.

There seems to be some kind of development in Cieha's case. Not sure if it's just the family or if LE is looking at this individual. Picture attached to post with interesting comments.

" You think you're a tough guy but guess what? People are starting to crack! This is your chance. We told you ' NO COPS, NO QUESTIONS!' You and your accomplices have the choice.

Last edited:

November 16 is Cieha Taylor’s birthday, which is why a local group called We Are The Essentials held an event in Plant City on November 12.

“We felt like the family wasn’t getting the proper response from local authorities,” Billy Lane said. “So we felt like our help could be used and needed in this case.”

Lane is part of We Are The Essentials — a group composed of former military and law enforcement trying to find missing people.

DEC 5, 2022

Cieha Taylor

cieha_taylor.jpg

According to a press release from the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office in Florida, 28-year-old Cieha Taylor was last seen around 4:00 p.m. on February 6, 2020, when she dropped her boyfriend off at his home on Cowart Road in Plant City, Florida, just a few blocks from the call center where she worked. A few hours later, around 7:00 p.m., Cieha’s black 2000 Toyota Solaris was found abandoned about a mile away on railroad tracks at East Trapnell Road. The engine was still running. Her belongings, including her cell phone and debit card, were in the car. Cieha’s family told Dateline that about three weeks after Cieha went missing, her shoes were discovered on a drainage pipe along the road near the railroad tracks where her car had been found. A flier announcing her disappearance was hanging on a post next to the shoes. In 2021, Crystal Clark, the Chief Communications Clerk for the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office would not reveal further details to Dateline, but said “Cieha’s disappearance is still an active an open case” and that they are continuing to investigate. The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office has an episode on Cieha’s case in their podcast called Unfinished Business. Cieha’s family hopes someone with information will call authorities and have set up a Facebook page ‘Finding Cieha,’ in the hope of finding answers in her case. Cieha was last seen wearing a gray, white, blue and red striped dress, possibly with a pink sweater over it. She is described as approximately 5’6” and 170 lbs. She has auburn/red shoulder-length hair. Anyone with information on Cieha’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200.

DEC 30, 2022

Cieha Taylor
  • Hillsborough County, Florida
  • February 2020
Cieha Taylor, 28, got into a fight with her boyfriend the night she went missing. She was supposed to go to a friend’s house but never arrived. Days later, Taylor’s car, along with nearly everything she owned, was found by a friend. A missing person’s report was filed with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Department, which led to the discovery that officers had spotted Taylor’s vehicle days before, running while parked on train tracks. No one was inside.

Police say they found themselves at a dead end in the case. Taylor’s mother, Canitha, says her daughter had a “unique personality” with a smile that would light up a room. “She met no strangers. I think everybody always loved to be around her,” Canitha Taylor said. Recently, according to NewsNation’s local affiliate WFLA, a local group called We Are The Essentials held an event to search for Cieha Taylor in November.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Cieha Taylor can call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200.

Latest post on Finding Cieha is very angry and sounds like they're making progress. Highly recommend reading the comments.

<modsnip - Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed. (From Websleuths' Social Media Rules

Another good post to read on the Finding Cieha page:
Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Cieha Taylor’s Aunt Hope. I want to clarify somethings

We don't believe Jason aka Jd placed the shoes on culvert, we think his friend Kevin did it.
Kevin lives right down the road from where the car and shoes was found on Cowart rd.

There is new tips that have came in but as always Detective Florio is slow at best at getting anything done.

There is federal case being investigated but not to do with her Murder.

Yes we believe Cieha was murdered, the story that is told is absolutely horrible what was done to her.

IIRC the text threats came later in the day and it was a warning that white supremist where coming for her. I think the threats came from someone other than the BF. I recall someone saying it was someone she was fighting with, maybe female. I copied part of it from the petition. Either way, I think the texts were again just done to throw off LE. No one texts who they are sending, on top of warning you they are coming. There is more to the story, just not sure what it is.

I'm Cieha Taylor’s Aunt Hope. I want to clarify somethings

We don't believe Jason aka Jd placed the shoes on culvert, we think his friend Kevin did it.
Kevin lives right down the road from where the car and shoes was found on Cowart rd.

There is new tips that have came in but as always Detective Florio is slow at best at getting anything done.

There is federal case being investigated but not to do with her Murder.

Yes we believe Cieha was murdered, the story that is told is absolutely horrible what was done to her.
Hello Hope,
Just wanted to say that I’m praying for Cieha and your family everyday. I work in Plant City and I remember when the news broke about Cieha, and Veronica because the timing between the two was less than a month. I follow posts, reports, and news every day regarding Cieha, Veronica and Kelly. I’m so glad that The essentials are helping. It seems to me that the community has been more involved and successful than the detective at keeping this alive so that nobody forgets about her(them). I pray that the posts, reports, the news, the billboards and the relentless tenacity puts pressure on those who did this. My support and prayers are with all of you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back