FL FL - Cieha Taylor, 28, dropped off bf, car found on tracks, Plant City, 6 Feb 2020 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bringing this post forward as I’ve not followed closely the past 6 months -
I wonder if anything in the car was tested ? Fingerprints etc?

she’s been missing way too long

During the interview with LE (HCSO’s podcast), the following was shared:
•Feb 10th, LE searches vehicle & collects evidence. Only fingerprints are Cieha’s and people she knows like the boyfriend and friends, etc

Is the "She" that picked up the car Cieha's friend? ...or the boyfriend's mother?

‎Unfinished Business: Cieha Taylor on Apple Podcasts

Detective Florio’s exact words when describing Cieha’s car being noticed/found again on Feb 9:

“So on the 9th is when the boyfriend's mother comes to drop some belongings off to the friend's house and notices Cieha Taylor's vehicle parked on the side of the road. The mother informs the boyfriendabout it, and he comes up there and says, "Oh, something's wrong. She left the house on Thursday." And they ended up getting in contact with the friend whose house it was in Lakeland. She comes over to the area. The decision was made by the people at the vehicle at the time to drive the vehicle to Dade City where Cieha Taylor's mother lives. They ended up contacting AAA to open the vehicle for them.”
BBM

Detective Florio’s exact words when describing Cieha’s car being noticed/found again on Feb 9:

“So on the 9th is when the boyfriend's mother comes to drop some belongings off to the friend's house and notices Cieha Taylor's vehicle parked on the side of the road. The mother informs the boyfriendabout it, and he comes up there and says, "Oh, something's wrong. She left the house on Thursday." And they ended up getting in contact with the friend whose house it was in Lakeland. She comes over to the area. The decision was made by the people at the vehicle at the time to drive the vehicle to Dade City where Cieha Taylor's mother lives. They ended up contacting AAA to open the vehicle for them.”
BBM

Must be a typo with "drive the vehicle to Dade City where Cieha Taylor's mother lives." If it was locked and it was locked by police, they couldn't get in it to drive it, if AAA had to unlock it. So I think they may have had mom call AAA, but they ALL went back to the vehicle and waited for AAA including mom.

Must be a typo with "drive the vehicle to Dade City where Cieha Taylor's mother lives." If it was locked and it was locked by police, they couldn't get in it to drive it, if AAA had to unlock it. So I think they may have had mom call AAA, but they ALL went back to the vehicle and waited for AAA including mom.

Respectfully, not a typo.
That’s what DETECTIVE JOSEPH FLORIO, HCSO, verbally stated; his exact words as he was interviewed in HCSO’s podcast.
Now, as for as if the actual chain of events that occurred around calling AAA and driving the car to her mother’s reflects what LE stated, I can’t personally say/be 100% sure. I am only posting the information as it was shared by LE from the link.

DETECTIVE JOSEPH FLORIO stated (verbally)
“So on the ninth is when the boyfriend's mother comes to drop some belongings off to the friend's house and notices Cieha Taylor's vehicle parked on the side of the road. The mother informs the boyfriend about it, and he comes up there and says, ‘Oh, something's wrong. She left the house on Thursday.’
And they ended up getting in contact with the friend whose house it was in Lakeland. She comes over to the area.
The decision was made by the people at the vehicle at the time to drive the vehicle to Dade City where Cieha Taylor's mother lives. They ended up contacting AAA to open the vehicle for them.”

Bringing this post forward as I’ve not followed closely the past 6 months -
I wonder if anything in the car was tested ? Fingerprints etc?

she’s been missing way too long

During the interview with LE (HCSO’s podcast), the following was shared:
•Feb 10th, LE searches vehicle & collects evidence. Only fingerprints are Cieha’s and people she knows like the boyfriend and friends, etc

@oviedo I want to make certain I responded correctly to your post earlier about whether anything in the car was tested and if fingerprints were found.

Based on DETECTIVE JOSEPH FLORIO the following was shared:
“Well, for one her cell phone and her purse with all of her personal belongings inside of it were still in the vehicle.
We did a thorough search of the vehicle, evidence processing-wise. I know that we actually had that vehicle on the 10th and continued to process it for several days, going back to it several times to include fingerprint processing, alternate light source processing, different forensic techniques to see if there are any clues left behind.
We recovered some fingerprints, but they were all known people to have been in the car. But I know specifically that we were able to identify Cieha Taylor's fingerprints in the car. Her friend's prints that drove the vehicle to Dade City. That's not uncommon, nor would it raise suspicion because these people obviously had been in the car in the past.”

@oviedo I want to make certain I responded correctly to your post earlier about whether anything in the car was tested and if fingerprints were found.

Based on DETECTIVE JOSEPH FLORIO the following was shared:
“Well, for one her cell phone and her purse with all of her personal belongings inside of it were still in the vehicle.
We did a thorough search of the vehicle, evidence processing-wise. I know that we actually had that vehicle on the 10th and continued to process it for several days, going back to it several times to include fingerprint processing, alternate light source processing, different forensic techniques to see if there are any clues left behind.
We recovered some fingerprints, but they were all known people to have been in the car. But I know specifically that we were able to identify Cieha Taylor's fingerprints in the car. Her friend's prints that drove the vehicle to Dade City. That's not uncommon, nor would it raise suspicion because these people obviously had been in the car in the past.”

Thank you- I was hoping prints might have pointed to the culprit who drove the car and left it on the tracks and it still may if that person was known to her
JMO

Respectfully, not a typo.
That’s what DETECTIVE JOSEPH FLORIO, HCSO, verbally stated; his exact words as he was interviewed in HCSO’s podcast.
Now, as for as if the actual chain of events that occurred around calling AAA and driving the car to her mother’s reflects what LE stated, I can’t personally say/be 100% sure. I am only posting the information as it was shared by LE from the link.

DETECTIVE JOSEPH FLORIO stated (verbally)
“So on the ninth is when the boyfriend's mother comes to drop some belongings off to the friend's house and notices Cieha Taylor's vehicle parked on the side of the road. The mother informs the boyfriend about it, and he comes up there and says, ‘Oh, something's wrong. She left the house on Thursday.’
And they ended up getting in contact with the friend whose house it was in Lakeland. She comes over to the area.
The decision was made by the people at the vehicle at the time to drive the vehicle to Dade City where Cieha Taylor's mother lives. They ended up contacting AAA to open the vehicle for them.”

No I get it, I wasn't saying you made a "typo", sorry. He must have been referring to them driving their own car to mom's to let her know the car was there, locked and she had to get AAA to unlock it. I know that AAA will only unlock a car for the owner. You have to show proof of some kind, like the driver license. I do remember mom stating something to that effect but I don't know where. anyway, the whole thing is just wrong.

No I get it, I wasn't saying you made a "typo", sorry. He must have been referring to them driving their own car to mom's to let her know the car was there, locked and she had to get AAA to unlock it. I know that AAA will only unlock a car for the owner. You have to show proof of some kind, like the driver license. I do remember mom stating something to that effect but I don't know where. anyway, the whole thing is just wrong.

Owner? This is not correct. AAA will unlock a car if a member is present. It follows a member, not a vehicle. I apologize if I'm misreading. I'm on my phone

Owner? This is not correct. AAA will unlock a car if a member is present. It follows a member, not a vehicle. I apologize if I'm misreading. I'm on my phone
Can AAA Open a Locked Car (+Other Questions answered)

I believe you’re correct. :)
If I’m reading this right, all a person needs to do in order to get AAA to unlock the car is be a member and just tell AAA they were in the car before getting locked out of it.

What Do I need to do to Unlock my vehicle
You need to call AAA and keep your AAA membership card and photo identification ready in order to get your Car Unlocked.

Can AAA Unlock my friends Car
Yes, AAA will unlock your friends car, but you need to be present there with your card and you need to tell the AAA service person that either you were driving the car or you were the passenger, because AAA ties the membership with the person and not the car, so you can use it for any car you like as long as you are the driver or the passenger in that vehicle and you have your membership card with you.

Hi Hope,

First I am so sorry for you and the family and the fact you have to endure all of this. I have thought from the beginning that the car on the tracks, was staged. You can go back though my posts and read them if you want too. The car is definitely the second crime scene, no doubt. Just from what I have read, and the video I just viewed, I agree that she most likely never left the property. I work cold cases, have been for around 6 years with Hernando county Sheriff's office. I am not a detective, I am a civilian. I am sure that Hillsboro is doing all that they can for this case, but it does take time, and you have to be the squeaky wheel to get attention and you guys are doing a great job. I am not verified, but the owner of this site knows me and what I do. Feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do. God Bless
Thank you so much

Thank you for the clarification. That would narrow the range of ppl who had access to the car (and therefor the shoes) potentially.

I think it's possible that the person who returned the shoes may have taken the risk to either:
a) Taunt
b) Mislead/Confuse the investigation
c) Clear their guilty conscience

"c" could be a remorseful perp or somebody uninvolved who decided to take the shoes from the scene (or one of the scenes, potentially) and isn't directly involved in what happened.
yes c) would be my guess

No that is not accurate
Canitha Cieha's mom was at home when she notified by JD's mom Lisa that she found the car on the road when she taking JD clothes. JD called Tiffany. Tiffany and her mother went to the car and had AAA open it. She then drove the car to the next county where Canitha lives. Florio will not answer any questions about this but offer that is Tiffany's story.

Cieha is still missing. We have very few answers to what exactly is happening in the case. FBI has been called several times, she has a case number with them. Cieha's case has been on FBI list more than just once. Her case was also looked at in the Shannon Ryan case, we have been told by Florio that Cieha's case is not connected with any other case in Florida.

Thank you for the warm welcomes

No that is not accurate
Canitha Cieha's mom was at home when she notified by JD's mom Lisa that she found the car on the road when she taking JD clothes. JD called Tiffany. Tiffany and her mother went to the car and had AAA open it. She then drove the car to the next county where Canitha lives. Florio will not answer any questions about this but offer that is Tiffany's story.

thank you for clarifying this. So Canitha wasn't there when it was unlocked by AAA. Am I understanding this correctly? Do you know who all was present and had access to the car? and forgive me but who is Tiffany again? " Tiffany and her mom went to the car and had AAA open it."

Yes several times.
The actual house on cowart rd has been searched several times but not processed

Can you elaborate on this? Are you saying they went inside and around the property, but never did any forensic testing, like luminal? Did Cieha have items inside the home, as I read ( I think) that she lived there with them at some point. Was she still living there when she went missing? TY

Cieha is still missing. We have very few answers to what exactly is happening in the case. FBI has been called several times, she has a case number with them. Cieha's case has been on FBI list more than just once. Her case was also looked at in the Shannon Ryan case, we have been told by Florio that Cieha's case is not connected with any other case in Florida.

Thank you for the warm welcomes

I agree that her case is most likely not related to any other case. I am a firm believer of looking at the last person with the victim, closest person like spouse, BF, whatever to the victim. It is rare that a stranger abduction occurs, it happens but not often. Her crime scene screams of staging. JMO

I agree that her case is most likely not related to any other case. I am a firm believer of looking at the last person with the victim, closest person like spouse, BF, whatever to the victim. It is rare that a stranger abduction occurs, it happens but not often. Her crime scene screams of staging. JMO

ITA. MOO this reminds me so much of Bruce Jacobs in OK whose truck was also found abandoned on railroad tracks, and my own thoughts on that case (he's still missing too).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back