FL FL - Clermont, WhtMale UP6030, 24-32, transgender, breast implants, Sep'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Incredible Postmortem Journey of “Transgender Julie Doe”

The article includes pictures of what she may have looked like at varying stages in her life, before and after transition.

View attachment 161830

View attachment 161831

View attachment 161832
I am so glad they show how she may have looked like during the different stages of her transision. If the isotopes are to be believed, she originally hails from South Florida, not that far from where she was found, which makes it kinda baffling that no one has stepped up and claimed some kind of kinship to her. That is unless the people in Julie's life before the transition were unaware that she had transitioned, as many have suggested in this thread before, as well as the 'estranged theory'.

I was also thinking that if she was reported, she was reported many, many years later, or even tried being reported to LE, but rejected for several reasons. I have a sneaking suspision she's one of those cases that could've been solved several years ago, but kept falling through loopholes instead.

If we assume that Julie was at the older end of the age range, she'd have been born around 1956. If we further assume that such drastic surgery would not have been carried out on anyone under the age of 18, the earliest it is likely to have taken place is 1974. So we are looking at a window of 10 years between 1974 and 1984.

Just a thought - if pre-Julie was born around 1956 it's possible he could have been drafted and sent out to SE Asia at the tail end of the Vietnam War. If so, is it possible he could have gone back there to have the surgery?

Based off of some mini-research, it seems that transgender reassignment surgery is illegal in Vietnam, making people who want the surgery go to Thailand (that is, unless the surgery was "underground"). Even today, the government has only recently given transgender people who have gotten surgery the right to change their name and sex legally. It seems that this is still an ongoing issue in Vietnam, and the law will be discussed in 2020 according to what I found.

While it may be possible that Julie Doe had been drafted earlier in life during the Vietnam War, I'm not sure if Vietnam would be where to go for transgender reassignment surgery, especially during that time period. However, the mention of Thailand is interesting, as Thailand's first gender reassignment surgery was performed in 1975, making it entirely possible that it was preformed there, however I'm a bit skeptical because if the surgery was in fact performed outside of the United States, why would all the signs be pointing towards somewhere in the United States?

JMO

Sources:
Vietnam passes first law to protect transgender rights | Daily Mail Online
https://vietnamnews.vn/society/4811...be-discussed-by-2020.html#puji2Egubg2EImVJ.97
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

From the Trans Doe Task Force Facebook page:

"Julie Doe update: The DNA Doe Project has uploaded Julie’s file to GEDmatch. We are sad to report that the file was not of good enough quality for their forensic genealogy team to use. They will be working with her agency to evaluate next steps, which may include more lab work. They remain determined to continue to move her case forward, and are grateful for the opportunity to learn from her. We are grateful for their dedication. "

This article also mistakenly says Julie was believed to be a male for years. Maybe someone can inform them that she was thought to be female and is now known to be likely male to female transitioning?

Sadly, now with the internet, journalism is NOT the way it used to be. Pretty much Nobody Fact Checks or Proof Reads Anymoreo_O:mad::confused:. It's sad how bad articles are written these days.

From the Trans Doe Task Force Facebook page:

"Julie Doe update: The DNA Doe Project has uploaded Julie’s file to GEDmatch. We are sad to report that the file was not of good enough quality for their forensic genealogy team to use. They will be working with her agency to evaluate next steps, which may include more lab work. They remain determined to continue to move her case forward, and are grateful for the opportunity to learn from her. We are grateful for their dedication. "
Oh no.... this is the latest? I was so excited...

I wonder if anyone has contacted the doctors who were doing the surgeries at the time? It sounds as if they know who they are since they gave a specific number. It might be a long shot but it should be done soon because those doctors are likely seniors.

I did see this article.... which is my fear with Julie if her family is found.

Parents Won't Claim Trans Man's Body, So Friends Raise Funeral Funds

However I'm pretty sure that she will be taken care of either way, just as Daine was.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/07/26/daine-grey-funeral-trans-student-celebration/

I’ve always wondered if her family knew she passed away but never claimed her out of shame or disagreement with her “lifestyle”.

At the same time I feel like there must be other people (not necessarily her family) out there who knew of her transition. I know it was a different time, and judging from how horribly trans people still often get treated these days, it must have been incredibly tough for her to do it back then. Even more so if she went through it all by herself. I wonder if she knew other trans people. I don’t think the community was very big back then or at least not very “out there”. I just cannot imagine nobody knowing her or remembering her.

I really hope the DNA Doe Project gives it another try.

Ok, so still digging on this. I found there was a surgeon named John Brown who was doing sketchy reassignment surgeries at the time when Julie would have had hers.

I also found a transgender woman named Canary Conn who was a singer and appears to have just dropped off the face of the earth in the mid 80's. I can't find a death record or anything, but maybe one of you guys can.

And I honestly don't know if this is just me staring at recons and pictures too much. But
conn-book1.jpg

Canary Conn / Danny O'Connor
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I also found a transgender woman named Canary Conn who was a singer and appears to have just dropped off the face of the earth in the mid 80's. I can't find a death record or anything, but maybe one of you guys can.

(...)

Canary Conn / Danny O'Connor
Found this little note at the very end of the link you posted:
What happened to Canary Conn? I've found a reference on one blog where the writer "had heard" she died around 1984.

Edit: Seems like Canary Conn is alive and well :) I found her Wikipedia page!

Last edited:
On almost every page I have read now, there are people asking where she is now or how she is doing. Majority of the links in the Wikipedia article are broken, but there's no confirmation to whether she's alive or dead, just rumours. One of the links even had a comment from a alleged former lover, who lost touch of her after her final operation and asked about her whereabouts. But if she was killed way back then, wouldn't there be something to find today? I can understand that much was swept under the rug back then and a few decades after, but now?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back