FL FL - Clifford & Christine Walker, both 23, & 2 kids, Osprey, 20 Dec 1959

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone has to know something, someone had to have seen something. This was a small town. people talk. What happened to the house they lived in?

Someone has to know something, someone had to have seen something. This was a small town. people talk. What happened to the house they lived in?
I could be wrong but I think the house is gone now.
And yes someone does know.This case screams of the involvment of a local who had a thing for Mrs Walker.I still would be very surprised to learn it wasnt someone she was in School with.

It was not a random killer. Who the hell steals a marriage license and a cheerleading uniform-not someone who did not personally know the person, that's for sure. I wonder if anyone strange was ever seen visiting Christine's grave.

This case is nearing the 53rd anniversary. Here's a new article published today in the Herald-Tribune. I still think it was a wild coicidence that Perry Smith and Dick Hickock were in the area at the time of the Walker murders, but it's an interesting article. Sounds like the new investigator on the case is really zeroing in on Smith and Hickock as the killers. They plan to do more DNA testing. I really wish they could solve this one.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20121202/ARTICLE/121139977

I don't think it was Hickock and Perry. I think it was that neighbor or someone that knew Christine. Why was her majorette uniform missing-that seems VERY personal to me.

I don't think it was Hickock and Perry. I think it was that neighbor or someone that knew Christine. Why was her majorette uniform missing-that seems VERY personal to me.

I totally agree. Like I said above, I just think it was an unbelievable coincidence that they were in the area at the time. I haven't read any articles in a long time about this case, but IIRC, there was no shortage of men who wanted to have their way with Christine. The missing marriage certificate and majorette uniform speaks to me as very personal as well. Why on earth would anyone take those two items, except as "trophies"? I know they are totally frustrated with this case and want to solve it, but I really can't believe Smith and Hickock did this. Not that they weren't capable of it, but I just believe it was a much more personal crime, and that it all centered around Christine.

I agree. I wonder how long all this mess with men being after Christine started and why the family just didn't move away when it became apparent the harassment wouldn't cease.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/0...blood-murderers-in-15-family/?intcmp=trending

Published December 04, 2012

FoxNews.com

The men were given a lie-detector tests in the case, but passed. Their fingerprints also did not match the evidence in the case. However, the type of lie detector tests used were later deemed unreliable.

McGath says she and her team want to compare DNA samples from Hickock and Smith to the evidence collected in the Walker case, and hope to file their petition in Kansas as early as next week.

The men in the above quote refer to Hickock and Smith. The County Sheriff's Office is working on a legal brief right now to try to get the bodies of this family exhumed to do testing for DNA evidence from the crimes.

This case coming up on Fox and Friends this hour.

ETA:

I didn't get to see the segment on F&F, as I was driving to work, but I almost fell over when I heard them say they were going to talk about this. I was here at work yesterday, looking very busy, and REALLY looking at WS. Came across this case, which I had never seen before. Read awhile, and then made a point to read the rest over coffee around 6 a.m. this morning. (also used to live between Sarasota and Arcadia back in the 80's. Charlotte county. Most people have never even heard of Arcadia unless they live down there) Finish the whole thread, and then later I'm listening to news while putting on makeup, and they say something about Walker, Clutter, Hickock, etc... So I ran down the hall to my office to post that it was coming up. Sorry to ramble. Just one of those OMG, how weird moments!!!

Question-are there any living relatives of the Walkers that would have to give permission for the exhumation?

I might have misunderstood but I took it they are exhuming Hickock and Smith for DNA, not the Walkers. It was mentioned they wanted to compare DNA left on Christines underwear so perhaps they already have what they need in that regard?

You are correct Tallcoolone. I misread that article last night.

They want to exhume hickock and smith to compare their DNA to evidence left at the crime scene.

My apologies!

Question-are there any living relatives of the Walkers that would have to give permission for the exhumation?

The sheriff's deputy who worked the case for 25+ years, Ron Albritton, is their cousin. There probably are other relatives, but as TallCoolOne said, I think it's Smith and Hickock who they want to exhume. I can't believe how this is ALL over the news now because of the possible connection to Smith and Hickock. It's great that the case is getting all this exposure! Like I said, I don't agree that they are responsible, but I'm glad they're working so hard on it now and checking out every possible angle.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime...murderers-investigated-in-Florida-4090270.php

OSPREY, Fla. (AP) — At the end of 1959, two families of four — one in Kansas, the other in Florida — were brutally murdered.

Two men were arrested, charged and executed in the Kansas case, and writer Truman Capote captured the horrific tale in his iconic true crime book, "In Cold Blood."

The Florida murder of two parents and two children was investigated by dozens of detectives over the years, but it remained unsolved. Now, a detective is trying to prove that the men who were executed in Kansas were also responsible for the Florida slayings.

"It's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle," said Sarasota County Sheriff's detective Kimberly McGath, who began re-investigating the murders of Cliff and Christine Walker and their two young children in 2007.

More at link.......

:newhere:
new member and first post --- main residence is Sarasota since 2001..... I have been following the story here on the Walker family for a few years. An ironic twist that I just discovered that their is a new detective on the case.

Last week at a Christmas party, met a new friend who is a playwright, the wife and I were chatting with this guy and his wife and we were discussing this cold case, he never knew of it, we were just a few miles from the location in Osprey --- I mentioned it and told him how back a few years ago the local paper had an interactive site and that was the last I heard about the case. At one point early in the evening I had seen Tom Knight the sheriff (not a name dropper - nor do I know him).... after this discussion with our new friends I tried to find him.... was gonna inquire what he knew of the case and if they had anyone look into it recently etc. I could not locate him, luckily lol as I was quite shocked 2 days later when the story broke about the new detective right there in the paper.

Now myself, prior to this, I thought no way could Hickock and Smith have done this.... they were just too cowardly --- sick yes, Hickock a female abuser etc. Big fan of ICB and I read it at least once a year, and have always been fascinated by the story. I grew up in KC and had a close friend for a number of years that moved out near Holcomb in a town called Hays, KS.

so today I am open minded and you never know...... I have no dog in this hunt, however, I have become really fascinated by the information that is available from the links online, I have poured over almost 2,000 pages of original information.... I have 3 PDF's that I will try to upload. (cancel that! -- :cop: they are close to 70Mb total )

Here is the link, I found it easier to download the PDF's directly to my PC for a much clearer viewing experience https://www.documentcloud.org/public/search/projectid:7179-walker-murders

I look forward to joining the discussion and remain hopeful that the new detective will be able to exhume H & S and either implicate or exonerate them.

Sean

Wow!

Special thanks, Reader. The timeline sure fits.

How morbid that people actually show up at the graves of those two.

Hoping things can work out for this Detective and finding the truth. Such a horrible crime. Little babies.

I guess they should check it out but I'd be surprised if the two cases were related. Clutter was a robbery gone wrong but I don't really see that in the Walker case which seems more sexually motivated. Of course, no one says that killers have to follow a punch card.

:newhere:
new member and first post --- main residence is Sarasota since 2001..... I have been following the story here on the Walker family for a few years. An ironic twist that I just discovered that their is a new detective on the case.

Last week at a Christmas party, met a new friend who is a playwright, the wife and I were chatting with this guy and his wife and we were discussing this cold case, he never knew of it, we were just a few miles from the location in Osprey --- I mentioned it and told him how back a few years ago the local paper had an interactive site and that was the last I heard about the case. At one point early in the evening I had seen Tom Knight the sheriff (not a name dropper - nor do I know him).... after this discussion with our new friends I tried to find him.... was gonna inquire what he knew of the case and if they had anyone look into it recently etc. I could not locate him, luckily lol as I was quite shocked 2 days later when the story broke about the new detective right there in the paper.

Now myself, prior to this, I thought no way could Hickock and Smith have done this.... they were just too cowardly --- sick yes, Hickock a female abuser etc. Big fan of ICB and I read it at least once a year, and have always been fascinated by the story. I grew up in KC and had a close friend for a number of years that moved out near Holcomb in a town called Hays, KS.

so today I am open minded and you never know...... I have no dog in this hunt, however, I have become really fascinated by the information that is available from the links online, I have poured over almost 2,000 pages of original information.... I have 3 PDF's that I will try to upload. (cancel that! -- :cop: they are close to 70Mb total )

Here is the link, I found it easier to download the PDF's directly to my PC for a much clearer viewing experience https://www.documentcloud.org/public/search/projectid:7179-walker-murders

I look forward to joining the discussion and remain hopeful that the new detective will be able to exhume H & S and either implicate or exonerate them.

Sean

Welcome to WS, Sean. I clicked on the PDF file and it looks like there is a treasure trove of info on there. Don't have time to go through it now, but I have some time off work coming up and I would love to read through some of the info.

Thanks again for the post!

Have tried to find more info about this, without success-can anybody comment? The DNA evidence has evidently exonerated Cliff's cousin Elbert Walker. But, what about his reportedly odd behavior on the day of the murder...asking directions to the house he had recently stayed at, showing up purportedly to talk about an upcoming Christmas party, etc. - I have not found any explanations for this, or stories where he denied these events. I appreciate the reliability of DNA, but also wonder how reliable the sample is AND the possibility that it could have been from contact with someone on a different date. Was there an autopsy on Christine Walker, and is it published anywhere? Appreciate any input.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back