FL FL - Clifford & Christine Walker, both 23, & 2 kids, Osprey, 20 Dec 1959

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know anything about the suspect, Mike Cutter, beyond that which is in the redacted case file? Of the suspects in the case file, he is the most interesting to me. And the information available is very limited. The facts that peaked my interest are:

•Cutter is originally from Arcadia

•He was listed as being “approximately 30 years old” at the time that Sheriff Earl B. Dyess (LaBelle, FL; Hendry county) received information. Sheriff Dyess reported that this was “approximately one year” prior to the FSB interview, which was conducted in June 1963. This could put him in the Arcadia High School in the early 1950’s, approximately the same time as Christine Walker.

•Cutter allegedly carried a picture of Christine Walker, either in his billfold or in his suitcase. If true, this indicates possible obsession or fixation.

•He was described as a “peculiar individual”, indicating that he is asocial. Although, this statement was not qualified or reinforced with additional information.

•Supposedly, he always carried “…a .22 automatic in a shoulder holster…”. The ballistics report stated that all of the shells recovered from the crime scene “…bear faint markings, indicating that they were fed through a rifle or an automatic pistol…”.

•It was noted that Cutter “…was acquainted with the entire Walker family, having been employed as a cowhand with various ranches in the area.”

•On the day of the murders, he “…allegedly drove a car, with a flat tire, all the way from Arcadia to LaBelle Florida, a distance of approximately 45 miles.”

oSimilarly, Deputy Sheriff Seth Howard (Hendry county Sheriff’s department) stated that Cutter, while drinking with “Dub” Allbritton, reported that a few weeks prior to the time that they were drinking together (about the time of the murder) “…he had to get somebody to take him to buy a couple of tires that he had ruined. He had two flats in Sarasota but he couldn’t stop, he just kept driving on them and ruined them and left his car in Arcadia.” This was from the dictated phone call from Howard to Sheriff Boyer on August 7, 1961.

oAccording to Google Maps, the distance from Arcadia to LaBelle is more like 60 miles. Also, the distance from Sarasota to Arcadia is approximately 45-50 miles.

•Deputy Sheriff Howard also stated that a Wylie “Dub” Allbritton, reported Cutter as saying “…that he knew the Walkers personally, had visited in their home…”

•Howard went on to say that Cutter had moved from Sarasota to LaBelle at approximately the same time as the murders. This was approximately a two-hour drive away.

Has anyone with access to local resources (e.g. school annuals in a public library, courthouse records, newspaper articles, etc.) found anything about this person? Or, has anyone who is people-search savvy been able to locate him (deceased, likely)? I’ve had no luck with the subscription and free sites that I’ve searched.:waitasec:

I wonder if there are any high school pictures of Christine Walker wearing that majorette uniform? And I wonder if somewhere in some attic, basement that majorette might still exist? Also if I were a detective still working the case I would tried to track down any remaining family members of Christine as well as surviving classmates to see if there were any bother who made her uneasily to be around.

PS the reason why I asked about if there are any pictures of Christine wearing that majorette uniform is because like investanalysis stated if the killer took if to relive the crime then chances are that I bet he might have made some female wear that uniform too.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20130404/ARTICLE/130409820/2416/NEWS?Title=After-50-years-Walkers-wait-to-learn-who-killed-their-relatives

another local article, and another unanswered tweet.........

@shanmcf good article, I enjoy the subject right off the driveway 1st thing in am. Any update on DNA results timeline for H & S?

------------------------------
we have a reply, which further shows why patience is a virtue that I admire in others lol :blushing: :

@shanmcf good article, I enjoy the subject right off the driveway 1st thing in am. Any update on DNA results timeline for H & S?
Shannon McFarland
@shanmcf
@XXXXXXXX Thanks - not yet, it's definitely taking longer than anyone has predicted.

To me the reason why I always thought that Hickock and Smith could not have committed the Walker murders was because being a small town and two strangers like Hickock and Smith would have stand out in everyone's mind, also this killer had to have been able to move around quite freely without attracting attention. Sometime like I just said H & S could not do in a small town. Question were any of the more wealther familes Including the family Cliff Walker worked for ever suspected? The Palmers did they have sons who went to school with Christine?

I agree with your viewpoint on H&S, not sure about the Palmer family but doubt any involvement...my personal suspicion involves individuals who have been discussed previously that had a familial connection with the Walker's.

I agree with your viewpoint on H&S, not sure about the Palmer family but doubt any involvement...my personal suspicion involves individuals who have been discussed previously that had a familial connection with the Walker's.

But most of the majors suspects have been ruled out

thank you for posting that picture of Christine Walker with her majorette uniform, but I believe that the family is going to be awfully disappointed in the DNA results, which seems to take forever, because like I posted earlier that I don't believe H & S committed the murders, this is very personal, why would H & S take a majorette uniform and a marriage license, they would have taken Cliff Walker's guns instead

I posted earlier that I don't believe H & S committed the murders, this is very personal, why would H & S take a majorette uniform and a marriage license, they would have taken Cliff Walker's guns instead

I agree, it would be very unlikely (but not impossible) that some guilty party didn't know the victims for some time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143
Back