FL - Coralrose Fullwood, 6, found murdered, North Port, 17 Sept 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
topsailgrl said:
I did the same thing! They sound just like a woman screaming "HELP!"
My then husband worked until midnight and I waited up for him terrified with all the lights on, holding a rifle I didn't know how to shoot. Turned out he heard it too - it was fox mating time. :blushing:

Sabal said:

~snip~

Lee Circuit Judge James Seals ordered that state workers be allowed in the home to take the children.

At that same time, the children's parents were meeting with attorney John Coleman. Initially, DCF workers said they would wait 15 minutes for the parents, but soon the children were taken peaceably to a van outside.

The van waited for the parents there, but left shortly before Ellen Fullwood came home.

"I can't believe they are doing this," said aunt Marci Bartoe.

The mother caught up with the van and got out to say goodbye to her children, but the van pulled away as she chased it down the road. Family members said later the mother was told the van left because media representatives were coming out of vehicles to view the scene.

~snip~

OMG - as if the other children aren't traumatized enough, they are taken from relatives by the state while mom and dad aren't even there???? Someone please tell me I read that wrong.......

Why would they take those children? Do you guys think the parents are suspects? OMG....not again. :(

This is a very sad case.

englishleigh said:
Why would they take those children? Do you guys think the parents are suspects? OMG....not again. :(

They want to interview them away from the parents, but it seems like they could have handled it differently.

What DCF did was illegal.

IN the state of Florida children cannot be questioned without either permission of the gaurdians or a lawyer.

I hope the lawyer nails their hiney to the wall.
These parents are not even being held as suspects so to take the children is completely wrong.

Welcome to the a$$ backward state that is Florida. Civil rights ??? What are those??

Stories like these break my heart and make me fear for the safety of my children even more. Where I live in NC, my children who are 4,5,7, and 10 were told that they could not be bus riders because we only live a mile and a half from the school. I explained to the school that one of my children had severe health problems and that I had no car, and that my schedule did not allow me to walk them to school and they are still insisting that my children walk. I have started a petition in town hoping that they will change their minds after enough people stand up. There are to many perverts in this world for me to let my children walk down the street alone!

reb said:
.parents have to pick the kids up and show ID??? wow, what has the world come to. it's ad when sex offenders have more freedom than regular citizens,, and to keep the kids safe, WE have to be treated like criminals!....

I live in Canada, and once when I was up near Hamilton, Ontario, picking up my grandchildren from school, they would not release them to me, even though my name was on the approved list at the principal's office, until I went out and got my ID from the car. My granddaughter was hugging me, the teachers knew me to see me, as I'd been there before, and yet I had to go and show my licence. They apologized but said it was the new school policy.'

Also, once when I was meeting the school bus ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THEIR HOUSE, when just my granddaughter was getting off, the bus driver couldn't let her off the bus, because he hadn't had a note that I would meet her.. My daughter had forgotten to inform the school that day before work. My granddaughter was so upset and trying to get into my arms off the steps of the bus, and crying, but they had to take her back to the school, and I had to go back and pick her up after I got my daughter to call them.

I didn't feel that it was too much security (well...not totally) because I'd much rather have it this way than the lack of it. It might have been upsetting for my granddaughter, and inconvenient for me, but I'm glad to know that these kids will not be put in a situation where they could easily be abducted.

Greta's going to report on this case in a few minutes.

I would assume the children have been made wards of the court thus the court can give permission as their guardians to have them questioned.

Jovin-

Although I am sure it was very frustrating, I think what your school did in those situations was excellant. Unfortunately, it is needed these days. I actually wish our elementary school would lock the doors during the day. But I guess that is too much, isn't it.

teonspaleprincess said:
Stories like these break my heart and make me fear for the safety of my children even more. Where I live in NC, my children who are 4,5,7, and 10 were told that they could not be bus riders because we only live a mile and a half from the school. I explained to the school that one of my children had severe health problems and that I had no car, and that my schedule did not allow me to walk them to school and they are still insisting that my children walk. I have started a petition in town hoping that they will change their minds after enough people stand up. There are to many perverts in this world for me to let my children walk down the street alone!
A bit off topic ... But if your child has health issues ...
Federal law requires that he/she be bussed.

I have done a lot of advocate work if you need help in understanding and navigating the system please pm or email me.

teonspaleprincess said:
Yes, I feel for you. I am in the position of being able to drive my young uns ever day but if they had to walk I would feel the same as you. St ick to what you believe is right.You are being a great Mum and i hope the petition works. I am behind you 100%.

Interesting video here:

Press conference with North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis

http://tinyurl.com/khj5q

The last several minutes of this video has members of Coralrose's family (grandparents and a sister, possibly the older brother) confronting Lewis because they were not notified of what was going on, the press was notified before they were. Very angry.

It is a surprise to me that someone would break into a house to take a child, and linger to steal a wallet. I wouldn't think that the father's wallet was in Coralrose's bedroom.

:confused:

Is that saying that they are giving out info to the press but not the family? Is that what I heard?

If so, they have every right to be angry!

reb said:
parents have to pick the kids up and show ID??? wow, what has the world come to. it's ad when sex offenders have more freedom than regular citizens,, and to keep the kids safe, WE have to be treated like criminals!
I have to show ID when I pick up my children. I don't feel like I am being treated like a criminal. I prefer it that way, because I know that if someone comes in to my kids school & tries to pick them up, if they don't provide ID that matches the names of authorized people to pick them up, then they will not release my child to them. It was a pain in the butt at first, but I knew it was for my childs safety. Actually, it was the parents requesting this measure that actually got the school to implement it.

Does anyone know if there were signs of forced entry?

Since the little girl was supposedly taken from her house, that is a
crucial piece of information.

I'd hate to suspect the parents, but nothing should be ruled out.

Have they taken a polygraph?

well what i mean is-- it's not the school's fault for having to check ID's, etc... of course they just want the kids to be safe. the point i was getting at was that it was awfully sad and ironic, that molesters are out there free to live amoung us, while the parents have to show ID, get patted down, take a lie-dectector test, whatever-- in order to pick up their own kids. it's just sad. it wasn't too long ago that kids walked home from school all the time, everywhere. i used to walk several miles, for years.. as did many other kids, back in the 1970's.. and no one ever thought anything of it. it just makes me mad that there's so many kreeps out there now that we have to live this way-- when THEY should be the ones who are inconvenienced & scrutinized. it's just backwards!

BhamMama said:
Is that saying that they are giving out info to the press but not the family? Is that what I heard?

If so, they have every right to be angry!
Yes; and they showed up at the end of the video; you should watch it. I'm thinking I would be more depressed than angry but everyone is different. How do we know they took the children only to be interviewed?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back