FL - Coralrose Fullwood, 6, found murdered, North Port, 17 Sept 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No problem Jubie. We all get our panties in a ruffle from time to time. When a child murder has happened we all get upset and just want answers. I really try to take things in context. We are all good people or we wouldn't be here at websleuths. :blowkiss:

gardenmom said:
Not that this may matter, but I am currently going to school to be a speech therepist, like this mother, and here in NC the starting rate as a clinical speech pathologist starts at $70,000. Not too shabby, by any means. I think I remember reading way back that she worked in a nursing home, or some other clinical setting, so I assume her income would be close to this.

She will make nowhere close to that. She may make about half that amount.
Florida pays very little. If she had some advanced degree then she would maybe make in the 50-60 range.

Don't you wonder why these parents continued to have more kids, when they had special needs kids to care for? Or, even putting aside the special needs, why would parents have more kids than they can care for?

If you both NEED to work to make ends meet, and you can't keep your house in at least reasonable condition, and it's at the point where you have poop in your bathtub - why did you have these kids in the first place?

wenchie said:
Don't you wonder why these parents continued to have more kids, when they had special needs kids to care for? Or, even putting aside the special needs, why would parents have more kids than they can care for?

If you both NEED to work to make ends meet, and you can't keep your house in at least reasonable condition, and it's at the point where you have poop in your bathtub - why did you have these kids in the first place?
I agree with you but I do doubt that they knew it would come to this when they were having all of these kids.
Now we can say why did they have all these kids but I am guessing like most things "in theory" sounds great but reality doesn't always equate to the same.

Amraann said:
She will make nowhere close to that. She may make about half that amount.
Florida pays very little. If she had some advanced degree then she would maybe make in the 50-60 range.
She has to have a master's degree to be a speech therapist. It's an ASHA rule, no way around it unless she has her BA and works full time while going to school to get her MA. Her employer may hire her with this agreement provided she gets her degree within three years. NC is probably poorer than FL... :waitasec:

gardenmom said:
She has to have a master's degree to be a speech therapist. It's an ASHA rule, no way around it unless she has her BA and works full time while going to school to get her MA. Her employer may hire her with this agreement provided she gets her degree within three years. NC is probably poorer than FL... :waitasec:
Thanks for clearing that up. It is very common here for someone to be hired pending completion of their degree.

Even still she wasn't making 70K a year. Not in Florida.
Its not really about the state being poor its that they pay teachers and therapists crap here.

Amraann said:
Thanks for clearing that up. It is very common here for someone to be hired pending completion of their degree.

Even still she wasn't making 70K a year. Not in Florida.
Its not really about the state being poor its that they pay teachers and therapists crap here.
and that..........................IS A FACT

along with alot more professions :bang:

Ok, I agree roached are the most vile creatures in the world.....and I'll never understand how people can live with them.

I will say as a former social worker in Camden New Jersey I never went to a home without roaches in the city of Camden or Gloucester. The homes I went to, for the most part, were filthy. A mattress on the floor, roaches running around all over, garbage and dirty dishes were the norm. Never was a child removed because of this alone.

I've been in plenty of nursing homes that reeked of urine.

Linda7NJ said:
Ok, I agree roached are the most vile creatures in the world.....and I'll never understand how people can live with them.

I will say as a former social worker in Camden New Jersey I never went to a home without roaches in the city of Camden or Gloucester. The homes I went to, for the most part, were filthy. A mattress on the floor, roaches running around all over, garbage and dirty dishes were the norm. Never was a child removed because of this alone.

I've been in plenty of nursing homes that reeked of urine.
:blowkiss: hugs to you- I cant imagine that being a daily "sight"-

Has anyone considered where and when this girl was found gives us a clue as to who has done this? I was thinking about this today, and it seems to me that this was someone who wanted her to be found. She wasn't hidden. She was found somewhere that she would be found quickly. I'm not sure they expected her to be found within hours though. If this was a stranger abduction I think she would have been dumped some place she would not have been found as easily. I'm really leaning towards the parents on this one. I usually don't say things like that, but that is my gut feeling. They wanted her back to bury, just didn't want her found at home.

gardenmom said:
Has anyone considered where and when this girl was found gives us a clue as to who has done this? I was thinking about this today, and it seems to me that this was someone who wanted her to be found. She wasn't hidden. She was found somewhere that she would be found quickly. I'm not sure they expected her to be found within hours though. If this was a stranger abduction I think she would have been dumped some place she would not have been found as easily. I'm really leaning towards the parents on this one. I usually don't say things like that, but that is my gut feeling. They wanted her back to bury, just didn't want her found at home.
I feel like - so far - most of the information points to the parent(s). I would love to be proven wrong about that hunch.

Without more info we can't really know. But reading that there was no sexual assault. Found with her blanket. Close to home. And no word on the trauma specfically. Not looking good for someone who cared about her. I pray that this is solved soon. I would really prefer it to be a stranger abduction. Way to much violence lately. God bless Coralrose may she fly with the angels.

mom3dd said:
Without more info we can't really know. But reading that there was no sexual assault. Found with her blanket. Close to home. And no word on the trauma specfically. Not looking good for someone who cared about her. I pray that this is solved soon. I would really prefer it to be a stranger abduction. Way to much violence lately. God bless Coralrose may she fly with the angels.
great post-- and i agree and dont like what you said-- because i agree......
except for her flying with the angels-- how very sweet..

j2mirish said:
great post-- and i agree and dont like what you said-- because i agree......
except for her flying with the angels-- how very sweet..

Considering everything else we know could she have been too much of a problem for her parents? She was bright and forward. Is that something that would be a further nuisance to people who were neglectful?

I don't know but I too would rather this be a stranger abduction and murder.

Has it been established that Coral Rose was one of the children who was bi polar? If she was, maybe she had severe temper tantrums. I'd think that living in such a dirty environment, maybe no food in reach that wasn't spoiled, no bed covers, sickening smell of urine, and feces could make anyone upset much less a bipolar child. I also think that the parents may have had something to do with her death, not based on the house conditions, but on the facts that posters have mentioned.

The no sexual assault and the blanket give me pause that it may have been a parent or older sybling.

BUT there could have been some sort of sexual abuse that was not clear like out right rape.
Furthermore I would have an easier time picturing some A type neat freak parent flipping out about something then a parent who hardly let the mess bother them.
Most parents of disabled children do not sweat the small stuff.
That isn't to say all and its possible that CoralRose was the target child which does happen in some families.

I just hope the police solve this soon.

The kids in that home were in danger of getting very sick. Roaches and e.coli from feces everywhere? Good God...DCF may have actually saved those kids lives by pulling them out!

When our mothers told us to wash our hands after using the toilet, it was because people can die from the bacteria that might be on our hands. E. coli is found in feces - human and animal - and those roaches were crawling through it, spreading it around the house. And it only takes a trace in the upper digestive system to cause havoc.

Also, I want to say that, for the record, my house is neat as a pin. No clutter, no mess. Smells like vanilla candles or ylang ylang (or Pine Sol or bleach) most of the time. There's nothing I enjoy more than pushing the Swiffer around the house or cleaning the window sills. It's a way of unwinding after putting in full-time+ hours at the law office. Takes about 40 minutes total per day to maintain.

Edited to add: I don't clean the window sills everyday. Swiffer, yes.

I would think that living in those type of conditions even the most normal of children would be stressed out and confused. I am not saying we all have to be spotless clean with our homes but this here is NOT normal mess and yes even little ones can become overwhelmed and stressed out. I wonder if maybe she was throwing a fit and one of the parents smothered her to quiet her not intentionally meaning to kill her?...

txsvicki said:
Has it been established that Coral Rose was one of the children who was bi polar? If she was, maybe she had severe temper tantrums. I'd think that living in such a dirty environment, maybe no food in reach that wasn't spoiled, no bed covers, sickening smell of urine, and feces could make anyone upset much less a bipolar child. I also think that the parents may have had something to do with her death, not based on the house conditions, but on the facts that posters have mentioned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catluva247
Back