FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was more than road rage, ...unless the perps were high on meth which could cause their anger to be exacerbated to all out sadistic violence....which is possible.
People are losing it these days, just look what people are doing over wearing or not wearing a mask.Anyone with a slight anger issue can become violent just from someone looking at them wrong. I try to stay at home and keep to myself lately.

It depends from which road they entered from.

As you exit Hwy 27 onto Lake Streety Rd towards the lake, the road first points SW, then directly West for a small stretch, then NW along the lake itself, until finally beyond the lake the road turns due North for a long stretch until it hits Otto Polk Rd.

Looking at the satellite map, it’s seems to me they were somewhere along the lake itself, meaning NW would be entering the scene and SE would be leaving - headed back out to Hwy 27.
(Closer to Hwy 27 the road is surrounding by groves on either side, which I don’t see in the police pics).

But then again, if they entered onto Lake Streety Rd from Otto Polk Rd (and not Hwy 27) then South would be approaching the scene, and North would be exiting.
Given the distances to the lake, it seems more likely they entered from Hwy 27.

...I hope all that made sense. To someone. Maybe some eagle-eye out there can pinpoint exactly where on the road they were. But regardless, my money is on DT facing out and BR/KS facing in.

EDIT: After taking another look, it’s almost certain the position of the trucks (the crime scene) is along the lake itself.
No other part of the road matches the photos - although I cannot find the traffic sign that I clearly see in the pics. Maybe it’s new...
But they were RIGHT ON the lake, so DT could’ve been parked and had started fishing when trouble started for all we know. ...my 2 cents
After comparing some of the MSM photos released with images from Google Maps, Google Earth, and Streetview, I'm reasonably sure their trucks were in the area circled in red here. And, as you've already added, along the road paralleling the lake. I'm not sure how easy it would be to access the lake immediately adjacent to where they were found. Some locals could weigh in on that. This map is likely old but - at least at the time this image was captured - it appears that there would be some areas offering easier access just a little way up the road from where they were found.

Attachments

• StreetyLocation.jpg
    StreetyLocation.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 86
I wanted to make a comment that I thought it unusual for these men to go fishing at night or in the woods without a firearm. I am from Florida and have family in rural towns of Florida and it is not uncommon for people to have firearms on them in the woods. I am not trying to be stereotypical or political but in the South we grow up with them, I even have concealed carry.

It depends from which road they entered from.

As you exit Hwy 27 onto Lake Streety Rd towards the lake, the road first points SW, then directly West for a small stretch, then NW along the lake itself, until finally beyond the lake the road turns due North for a long stretch until it hits Otto Polk Rd.

Looking at the satellite map, it’s seems to me they were somewhere along the lake itself, meaning NW would be entering the scene and SE would be leaving - headed back out to Hwy 27.
(Closer to Hwy 27 the road is surrounding by groves on either side, which I don’t see in the police pics).

But then again, if they entered onto Lake Streety Rd from Otto Polk Rd (and not Hwy 27) then South would be approaching the scene, and North would be exiting.
Given the distances to the lake, it seems more likely they entered from Hwy 27.

...I hope all that made sense. To someone. Maybe some eagle-eye out there can pinpoint exactly where on the road they were. But regardless, my money is on DT facing out and BR/KS facing in.

EDIT: After taking another look, it’s almost certain the position of the trucks (the crime scene) is along the lake itself.
No other part of the road matches the photos - although I cannot find the traffic sign that I clearly see in the pics. Maybe it’s new...
But they were RIGHT ON the lake, so DT could’ve been parked and had started fishing when trouble started for all we know. ...my 2 cents
Their occupations don't seem to be anything inviting criminal activity IMO - so what was the motive?? and for the Sheriff to describe the scene as he has - makes me think these boys were beat with baseball bats or something and then shot?
JMO
Might sound neanderthal, but to dispatch large fish, I've read where some people use a bat. If they don't want their catch flip flopping all over the place, it makes sense.

I wanted to make a comment that I thought it unusual for these men to go fishing at night or in the woods without a firearm. I am from Florida and have family in rural towns of Florida and it is not uncommon for people to have firearms on them in the woods. I am not trying to be stereotypical or political but in the South we grow up with them, I even have concealed carry.
That could be the very reason that the other 2 were shot. It could have been intended as a high level physical altercation but the introduction
on the white truck (Brandon and Keven) brings along the potential of two CCW. Brandon and Keven would have grounds for killing the suspect.
That in turned would have created a first to shoot scenario.

Breaking news videos taken by videographers who then sell the footage to news stations. Very interesting, competitive, and dangerous occupation. Their goal is to make it to a scene before the police do. One account I follow on You Tube is called Loudlabs.
O/t, rbbm. Kind of like the character in the movie "Nightcrawler"?

That could be the very reason that the other 2 were shot. It could have been intended as a high level physical altercation but the introduction
on the white truck (Brandon and Keven) brings along the potential of two CCW. Brandon and Keven would have grounds for killing the suspect.
That in turned would have created a first to shoot scenario.
I am not wanting my post to be political gun debate and I hope your post is not about victim blaming.I highly doubt your scenario, what you see in movies is not reality. No offense to you.

From what was reported, Springfield and Rollins had records, so it's possible they were not permitted to carry firearms. However, Tillman's background was clear, and he wasn't carrying.

Quick question about this website:
How does one know what is approved material to link and what isn’t?
It appears my last post was deleted because of the publication I linked to. How was I to know?

Someone posted a link to the rules below outlining the terms and definitions. However, if you were the person who posted the YC link, yes they will delete that. It's not an approved or reputable site.

I am not wanting my post to be political gun debate and I hope your post is not about victim blaming.I highly doubt your scenario, what you see in movies is not reality. No offense to you.
My comments are not political driven. They are based on the cause and effect.

It is identifying the factors that will escalate a fight to a shooting.

This "suspect" does not know who is in the truck, CCW, Armed Felon, LE. In any case they are a threat to his/their criminal activity.
The "suspect" end reaction was the shooting of the three friends. The order in which the victims were shot further sets the tone
of event.

Last edited:
All of the factors in their prior record becomes a moot point in that they have nothing to do with the event.
There is no indication or reporting that any of the 3 had a firearm but it does not preclude the suspect from thinking so.

Something that bothers me about the 2 friends apparently arriving later than the first victim. I would have thought that if the perps knew where to find Damion, which they seemingly did, they surely must have known that his fishing pals would be coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia