FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the direction each of the vehicles were facing:

“It’s way out in the country, a little clay road,” Judd said. “It’s used as ingress and egress for cow pastures, orange groves and Lake Streety. It’s a road to no place, three miles long.”

When deputies arrived on the scene, they found the two vehicles that carried the three men parked in the middle of road, Tillman’s facing south and the other vehicle facing north.

Judd said they may have pulled up to speak to one another before they were killed or the second vehicle may have pulled up to Tillman’s vehicle to find he had been slain."

Reward for information about Frostproof triple murder raised to $30,000

Reward for information about Frostproof triple murder raised to $30,000

The Sheriff’s Office needs the public’s help to solve the slayings, he said, asking anyone with information to call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS (8477). Information leading to an arrest in the case — even submitted anonymously — qualifies for a $30,000 reward.

“We’ve got to get them out of the community before they kill someone else,” Judd said, “and there’s no reason not to kill someone else. They’ve already killed.”

Just a couple thoughts as we wait for this to unfold.

First, it sounds like BR's phone was in his truck, covered in blood and hard to see.

It isn't clear to me where BR was when his father found him. For some reason, I've been visualizing him lying on the ground, but I don't recall anyone specifically mentioning that.

If he was in the truck when his father found him, that would definitely have made it harder for his father to move him. If he was in the driver's seat, it would also mean his father couldn't just use that truck to take him to an ER.

If he was on the ground and the phone was in the truck, then presumably he made the call from the truck and then (???) tried to exit the truck and escape, accidentally leaving his phone behind.

Thoughts?

Second, I think it's possible that DT knew their assailants but his friends didn't. If true, that could mean that BR could explain to his dad what happened but not necessarily identify the attackers.

I suspect LE is looking at DT's phone to see who he might have told about their fishing plans.

There is definitely some disconnect in the recounting of events, but, I believe it to be in the wording of the news articles, which is why I make it a point to always try to read and watch everything I can on a case, as there are often finer details to be picked up.

So in this article, Brandon was still alive when his father returned with the store employee.

He also refers to multiple perpetrators returning to "finish Brandon off". FWIW:

Cyril hopped back into his car, driving to a convenience store to call 911. The store owner’s daughter went with Cyril back to the scene.​

“I thought they were coming back to finish Brandon off,” he said. “But he was talking, but he was pretty bad. He was too bloody.”​

Cyril says that’s when he heard his son’s cell phone ringing from his truck. It was his mother, Dottie calling. Cyril reached to grab it.​

“It was in the seat. I couldn’t see it. It was covered in blood,” he said. “And I got the phone, and it was his momma and I said, 'Please Dottie, please get here, our son is dying.'”

$30,000 reward offered for information in murder of 3 fishing buddies in Frostproof

What about the stores video from the day they were killed. If the store was the closest business to the fishing spot, the person responible may have stopped at that store before going to that fishing spot. If there is store video, then looking for someone that knew one of the 3 guys, perferably Tillman the first guy that arrived and was beat.

Last edited:
What about the stores video from the day they were killed. If the store was the closest business to the fishing spot, the person responible may have stopped at that store before going to that fishing spot. If there is store video, then looking for someone that knew one of the 3 guys, perferably Tillman the first guy that arrived and was beat.
Good point.
Imo someone knows something and isn't talking !

Question for those who aren't directionally challenged: which truck was pointed towards the lake?

IIRC, DT's truck was facing south and BR/KS's vehicle was pointing north.

Does this indicate that DT appeared to be heading away from the lake?

I thought this road dead-ended at the lake. I'm trying to figure out where the vehicle(s) carrying the attackers was when BR and KS arrived.

Of course, I'm also wondering where the nearest cameras are...

Question for those who aren't directionally challenged: which truck was pointed towards the lake?

IIRC, DT's truck was facing south and BR/KS's vehicle was pointing north.

Does this indicate that DT appeared to be heading away from the lake?

I thought this road dead-ended at the lake. I'm trying to figure out where the vehicle(s) carrying the attackers was when BR and KS arrived.

Of course, I'm also wondering where the nearest cameras are...

I can’t help you with the directional aspect- gps gets me around my neighborhood; though I’m curious about those facts too. But, Lake Streety Road does not appear to be a dead end on google maps. It appears to connect to both US Hwy 98 & Otto Polk Rd at opposite ends. Where it intersects Otto Polk Rd, Lake Streety Rd becomes W Frostproof Rd. It appears, via google satellite images, to be red clay dirt for its entirety & run through orchards at both ends. Only a portion of the road runs beside the lake & there do not appear to be any pull off/turn around places other than empty fields/barren ground. I’m not sure this would even be considered a public road, feels like it’s probably more like a farm access road.

Edited for typos.

Possibly he is still logged into Facebook on multiple devices (laptop etc) and friends or family are able to access it.

cover photo was updated July 18 at 11 p.m.
and a meme was posted one day ago July 19 at 5:26 p.m.

why would his family or anyone who knows him change his cover photo or post a meme?
if anything, I would think they would post RIP comments or memories

ETA: it is the wrong FB posted - will alert a mod

Last edited:
There is definitely some disconnect in the recounting of events, but, I believe it to be in the wording of the news articles, which is why I make it a point to always try to read and watch everything I can on a case, as there are often finer details to be picked up.

So in this article, Brandon was still alive when his father returned with the store employee.

He also refers to multiple perpetrators returning to "finish Brandon off". FWIW:

Cyril hopped back into his car, driving to a convenience store to call 911. The store owner’s daughter went with Cyril back to the scene.​

“I thought they were coming back to finish Brandon off,” he said. “But he was talking, but he was pretty bad. He was too bloody.”​

Cyril says that’s when he heard his son’s cell phone ringing from his truck. It was his mother, Dottie calling. Cyril reached to grab it.​

“It was in the seat. I couldn’t see it. It was covered in blood,” he said. “And I got the phone, and it was his momma and I said, 'Please Dottie, please get here, our son is dying.'”

$30,000 reward offered for information in murder of 3 fishing buddies in Frostproof

This broke my heart into a million pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member