FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the dad let a minor return to the site. Did she know the victims?

In a town like that I would assume everybody knows everybody, especially if you work in a convenience store.

The argument I heard was, close the store and get her out of there because there are killers on the loose.

Then the argument could be raised, but take her to the place a triple murder happened in the last 30 minutes.

In a town like that I would assume everybody knows everybody, especially if you work in a convenience store.

The argument I heard was, close the store and get her out of there because there are killers on the loose.

Then the argument could be raised, but take her to the place a triple murder happened in the last 30 minutes.
I got the impression she got in the car and the Dad didn't have time to argue.

The staggered arrival times (Tillman & red GMC first) was stated by Sheriff Judd at the very first presser. I believe Sheriff Judd is a reliable source. He also noted that it was all conjecture and subject to change. bbm

At today's presser, Sheriff Judd repeated all the information reported is subject to change as the investigation evolves and evidence analyzed.

I believe the Sheriff gave the public more possible theories today but also did not delete anything previously reported. I think he's putting out scenarios that may lead to additional tips that will identify the suspects.

For example, offering today how the trucks may have been "boxed in" provides for the road rage theory but also does not eliminate Tillman arriving ahead of his friends and attacked first.

It's a fluid, ongoing investigation. Nothing is certain until there's an arrest. Stay tuned for more....

MOO

Being boxed in suggests more of an ambush than road rage. IMO

Being boxed in suggests more of an ambush than road rage. IMO
I can see ambush too -- subject to interpretation -- especially if you watched the Sheriff's presser.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told WPCV: 'We don't know at this point...if someone flagged them down and boxed them up in the middle of the road.'
^^sbm

Could they have been blocking the road and someone had road rage?
(from OP summary of presser).

$30,000 reward offered for information in murder of 3 fishing buddies in Frostproof

(Video news interview of dad Cyrill and mom Dottie at link above).

July 20, 2020

Cyril Rollins says the moment he realized his son was calling, he knew it was bad news.

“He doesn’t ever call my phone, at all,” Rollins said. “Unless he is having trouble.”

When Cyril answered, his fears were realized.

“He said, 'Help daddy! Help daddy!'” he recalled.

He rushed to the scene where he found his son shot and bloodied in the roadway. Rollins left his home so fast, he forgot his cell phone.

“When I got there, I didn’t have a phone, at all,” he said. “I didn’t know what to do. He was talking, and all of that. I said son, I’ve got to leave you, I’ve got to go get some help.

Cyril hopped back into his car, driving to a convenience store to call 911. The store owner’s daughter went with Cyril back to the scene.

“I thought they were coming back to finish Brandon off,” he said. “But he was talking, but he was pretty bad. He was too bloody.”

[..]

Cyril says that’s when he heard his son’s cell phone ringing from his truck. It was his mother, Dottie calling. Cyril reached to grab it.

“It was in the seat. I couldn’t see it. It was covered in blood,” he said. “And I got the phone, and it was his momma and I said, 'Please Dottie, please get here, our son is dying.'”
OMG. How terrible for those parents, can this story get any more heart wrenching? So sad. :(

$30,000 reward offered for information in murder of 3 fishing buddies in Frostproof

July 20, 2020

Cyril Rollins says the moment he realized his son was calling, he knew it was bad news.

“He doesn’t ever call my phone, at all,” Rollins said. “Unless he is having trouble.”

He rushed to the scene where he found his son shot and bloodied in the roadway. Rollins left his home so fast, he forgot his cell phone.

“When I got there, I didn’t have a phone, at all,” he said. “I didn’t know what to do. He was talking, and all of that. I said son, I’ve got to leave you, I’ve got to go get some help.

Cyril hopped back into his car, driving to a convenience store to call 911. The store owner’s daughter went with Cyril back to the scene.

“I thought they were coming back to finish Brandon off,” he said. “But he was talking, but he was pretty bad. He was too bloody.”

[..]

Cyril says that’s when he heard his son’s cell phone ringing from his truck. It was his mother, Dottie calling. Cyril reached to grab it.

“It was in the seat. I couldn’t see it. It was covered in blood,” he said. “And I got the phone, and it was his momma and I said, 'Please Dottie, please get here, our son is dying.'”
When it says he found his son shot and bloodied in the roadway, does he mean that his son was actually laying on the road or in the truck on the road?
I’m wondering if it was a slip?
JMO

When it says he found his son shot and bloodied in the roadway, does he mean that his son was actually laying on the road or in the truck on the road?
I’m wondering if it was a slip?
JMO

When he explained about his sons phone ringing and he trying to locate it, I was under the impression that he (the son) was still in the truck.

When he explained about his sons phone ringing and he trying to locate it, I was under the impression that he (the son) was still in the truck.
Very possible. I just took at as he heard the phone ringing from the truck and went to find it.

This is such a disturbing case, IMO. I truly hope they find the perps who are responsible.

July 20, 2020

[..]

Oh man. That’s horrible to even consider that scenario.

Just an observation here....what if young Rollins did in fact identify his killers and law enforcement chose to plead ignorance in order to buy time and get their ducks in a row before making an arrest. And the rather large reward for information is part of an effort to make the killers have a false sense of security.

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps when he arrived he saw something he shouldn't have seen. Perhaps he might have confronted them. I don't believe he was followed there. I believe the killers were already there.
There is a area quiet small but it known for violence I am sure the law is looking at these folks . I pray for judicial system

<modsnip>
Why assume it is physically possible for the father to move the son?

Edit; The father's truck was small. Not an easy vehicle to transport someone in, except in the bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>
He may not have been physically able to move him. There's no doubt the father was severely shocked and traumatized by the experience though, he was actually hospitalised later the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
He may not have been physically able to move him. There's no doubt the father was severely shocked and traumatized by the experience though, he was actually hospitalised later the same day.
I agree - in my Red Cross training - I was told to never move an injured person because you don't know what all is wrong - unless they are in a fire or something - plus he may not have had the strength - JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader