FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always a good idea to insert yourself into the situation rather than being an observer. I got held up by a guy with a gun once. He asked me were I lived and I TOLD him. To this day I have no idea why I did that but having a gun pressed up to you makes you do irrational things. Mr. Rollins came upon a scene of unimaginable horror <modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an observation here....what if young Rollins did in fact identify his killers and law enforcement chose to plead ignorance in order to buy time and get their ducks in a row before making an arrest. And the rather large reward for information is part of an effort to make the killers have a false sense of security.

The detectives can get their ducks in a row just as easily with the killers in jail or out of jail. I see the myth of law enforcement knowing who the killer(s) is but are not ready to make an arrest yet on here all the time. If there is probable cause for an arrest they are going to make the arrest. To do otherwise would be potentially negligent.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Based on what the Sheriff said about the phone "Too difficult for the Father to find" and the father stating he heard
fussing in the background its hard to determine the exact time point the call was made.

Why was the phone so hard for LE to find as the father has stated that he found the phone ringing and talked to BRs mother on it? I endured the above posted press conf (with the rude interruptions by the host) and I noticed that 1) the sheriff hangs the possibility out there again about what info BR was able to tell his dad. 2) he mentions their theory that DT was followed and attacked. I’m leaning to the latter.

<modsnip>
I stated this before as there is a initiative to bring awareness of Wound Care to the level of CPR. Often people make the mistake of
getting a victim to the hospital as priority but that is not the case..........It is stabilizing the victim for transport.

That means knowing what to do.

We are looking at this father and his actions but his could have been the best. No siren, No emergency lights, No high speed transport
training. Map to quickest route to closest hospital.

So loading up a person in a vehicle for transport just means the person can die in route to the hospital.

If anything spend time thinking about how to get yourself prepared for an emergency events.

Hard to know why.
1) Maybe she didn’t want to be left there alone after hearing what had happened.
2) Even though she was young maybe she knew first aid or CPR.
My guess would be the first.
I was in nursing school at 17. I would have immediately offered aid to anyone that needed it even at that young age.

It's always a good idea to insert yourself into the situation rather than being an observer. I got held up by a guy with a gun once. He asked me were I lived and I TOLD him. To this day I have no idea why I did that but having a gun pressed up to you makes you do irrational things. Mr. Rollins came upon a scene of unimaginable horror so who are we to question his responses?

Thank-you, I agree.

Sounds like Brandon would have stepped in to help anyone needing it, with respect to fighting:

"Brandon was always soft-hearted for dogs or cats or any animal," she said.​

He and (Keven) Springfield had grown up together along the same rural road in Frostproof, a community of about 3,300 residents in southeast Polk County.​

"Brandon met Damion later, but they were friends from the first time they met," Payton said. "Damion like to fish, but he wasn't much on hunting. Keven was a mechanic and he loved to fix things, but I never saw him when he was wearing a pair of shoes."​

She said reading and writing had been challenging for her son, "but he could do anything with his hands. He could take things apart and put them back together again. And he was everybody's bodyguard. If somebody couldn't fight, Brandon would take up their fight for them. That got him in trouble a few times."​

Last edited:
They left around 9pm to go fishing, according to Brandon's mother.

Brandon's Mother ALSO heard the call for help on the cell phone, I believe that is NEW information?

Rollins, along with Damian Tillman and Keven Springfield, had gone to Lake Streety in Frostproof just after 9 p.m. Friday to go fishing – something Payton said the three best friends did often. About 10 p.m., Cyril Rollins got a phone call. It was his son.​

"He was hard to understand because there was so much static," she said Monday, "but we heard him say 'Come help me. Help me.' He sounded very weak, and I could tell he was hurting. He sounded different."​

The Ledger

Last edited:
Just FYI for folks discussing Dad moving BR, emergency assistance etc. The nearest Trauma Center to Frostproof is Lakeland Regional Hospital, a Level II; it's approx 1hr drive. I live in neighboring county and our trauma patients are almost always Helicoptered due to traffic- I feel fairly confident the same would be true for the more rural Polk County, assuming availability. It's not unusual for major trauma's to be transported from Polk to Level I's Tampa General or Orlando Regional approx equidistance from Frostproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader