FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motive Remains Mystery in Florida Fishing Trip 'Massacre' of 3 Friends, $30,000 Reward Offered

Brandon Rollins, Keven Springfield and Damion Tillman
Brandon Rollins Facebook; Damion Tillman Facebook

''Our detectives have literally been working 24/7 since the moment we received the first 911 call in order to solve this horrific case,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said at a press conference Monday.
“This does not look like a drug deal gone bad,” he said. “We don’t know the reason at this stage in the investigation.”

''Describing the triple killings as a "massacre" at a press conference Saturday morning, Judd said, "This is a horrific scene. I've been to a lot of murder scenes in my life, and this ranks up with the worst of them. They were viciously murdered.”

Question for those who aren't directionally challenged: which truck was pointed towards the lake?

IIRC, DT's truck was facing south and BR/KS's vehicle was pointing north.

Does this indicate that DT appeared to be heading away from the lake?

It depends from which road they entered from.

As you exit Hwy 27 onto Lake Streety Rd towards the lake, the road first points SW, then directly West for a small stretch, then NW along the lake itself, until finally beyond the lake the road turns due North for a long stretch until it hits Otto Polk Rd.

Looking at the satellite map, it’s seems to me they were somewhere along the lake itself, meaning NW would be entering the scene and SE would be leaving - headed back out to Hwy 27.
(Closer to Hwy 27 the road is surrounding by groves on either side, which I don’t see in the police pics).

But then again, if they entered onto Lake Streety Rd from Otto Polk Rd (and not Hwy 27) then South would be approaching the scene, and North would be exiting.
Given the distances to the lake, it seems more likely they entered from Hwy 27.

...I hope all that made sense. To someone. Maybe some eagle-eye out there can pinpoint exactly where on the road they were. But regardless, my money is on DT facing out and BR/KS facing in.

EDIT: After taking another look, it’s almost certain the position of the trucks (the crime scene) is along the lake itself.
No other part of the road matches the photos - although I cannot find the traffic sign that I clearly see in the pics. Maybe it’s new...
But they were RIGHT ON the lake, so DT could’ve been parked and had started fishing when trouble started for all we know. ...my 2 cents

Last edited:
Quick question about this website:
How does one know what is approved material to link and what isn’t?
It appears my last post was deleted because of the publication I linked to. How was I to know?

Quick question about this website:
How does one know what is approved material to link and what isn’t?
It appears my last post was deleted because of the publication I linked to. How was I to know?

My reply got zapped too. I don’t know what the problem is with that source, I found it on a web search last night.

regarding the poll "did they know their attackers ?"
It's possible that one victim, namely Tillman, recognized or knew the attackers, and the other two didn't.
It's also possible that these attackers were not recognizable, as in masked or hooded, or it was too dark and fast.
Then again, everyone knows everyone in that small environment.
And it's also possible the attackers wanted Tillman to know what they were about to do with him and why <modsnip>

Just thinking aloud.

Just hope this will be solved sooner than later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motive Remains Mystery in Florida Fishing Trip 'Massacre' of 3 Friends, $30,000 Reward Offered

Authorities speculate that the killers followed one of the men down a desolate road, and murdered the other two because they were witnesses

Authorities are working around the clock to hunt down the killers who massacred three best friends on a Florida fishing trip – and figure out why.

On Friday night, Damion Tillman, 23, Keven Springfield, 30, and Brandon Rollins, 27, were fatally beaten and shot on a night fishing trip at Lake Streety in Frostproof, about 75 miles south of Orlando.

Since the bodies were found, authorities launched a massive manhunt for the killer (or killers).

Investigators believe Tillman was the first of the longtime friends to arrive at the lake.

When Rollins and Springfield got there, he said they saw Tillman being beaten -- and were then shot by the attackers.

He speculated that perhaps it was "something as simple" as an incident of road rage if the friends, who were driving two separate vehicles, had somehow blocked the road and angered another driver.

More @link
WS/TOS

Memorial's have been placed at the crime scene. For all 3 young best friends who were ambushed and murdered. I still have no leads on motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader