GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just had an Amber Alert from Miami beep on my phone. Since I'm in Orlando, my heart stopped for a brief minute. Thankfully, it is no one we know.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Ugh. I just read about the unsealed affidavit. Seems there are some serious, embedded politics at play in favor of the defense. Not surprising considering the academia of some involved, but certainly disheartening.

On February 14, 2014 Markel ?led a Counter-Motion to Enforce the
Financial Provision and Motion for Sanctions. Markel claimed Wendi and her attorney
had not been forthcoming in the MSA regarding her ?nancial assets.

On March 26, 2014 Markel ?led a Counter-Motion for Enforcement of MSA on
Parenting Issues and Motion for Contempt and Sanctions. One of the points of contention
in this motion was Wendi?s mother, Donna Adelson (Donna), and her reported negative
interaction with the children. Markel claimed Donna made disparaging remarks about
him to his sons.

Markel sought relief in this. motion by asking the court to prohibit Donna from
having unsupervised time with her grandchildren and to impose limitations to prevent the
children from being subjected to disparaging comments about their father.

These motions were scheduled for a court hearing on May 15, 2014; however, due to
substitutions of counsel, the hearing was continued. A new court hearing date had not yet
been scheduled prior to Markel?s death.

Investigators believe motive for this murder stemmed from the desperate desire of
the Adelson family to relocate Wendi and the children to South Florida, along with the
pending court hearing that might have impacted their acCess to the grandchildren.

Snipped and bolded by me.

Wonder if some of her undeclared assets were wrapped up in the practice and if that was going to require a look into the practice's finances, which could possibly affect the whole family since they all worked there.

Snipped and bolded by me.

Wonder if some of her undeclared assets were wrapped up in the practice and if that was going to require a look into the practice's finances, which could possibly affect the whole family since they all worked there.

Quoting my own post.

Here's a scenario for motive:

In recent years, WA's parents had begun gifting money to her, and perhaps her siblings. This very well may have been completely above board, and maybe for tax benefits for the aging parents, and helping WA save up some money for when she finally left the marriage she'd begun to abhor. Dan didn't know about this gifting and the accounts she kept the money in. When it came time to figure out child support, she left out the fact that she had all this money. So the initial calculations had him paying her $*advertiser censored* in child support. BUT, Dan's no dum-dum and hired a forensic accountant who found out about all the money. So now, another hearing is coming up, and maybe SHE will end up having to pay HIM child support, or get less money, or break even....whatever. Whole family is livid that this man will be getting his hands on "their" money. And perhaps opening their practice up to scrutiny they don't want to deal with. The custody/alienation issues were enough to make things really stressful, contentious, but this money issue was the last straw and pushed them over the edge.

This is all just a theory and just my opinion!

Before the press conference, we will be heading over to a new thread.
Thread #2

This thread will close in 5 minutes. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members