GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick search that didn't turn up anything. Has anyone read yet about other arrests or impending arrests of the other key players?

Do I have this right... Brother of wffe hooked up with the ex-boyfriend !!! of his current girlfriend!!! to kill his BIL?!!

( new to this case just started following and reading the affidavit)

Do I have this right... Brother of wffe hooked up with the ex-boyfriend !!! of his current girlfriend!!! to kill his BIL?!!

Yes....ex-boyfriend/baby daddy I believe. Two more innocent kids. :(

Oh wow....
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Cou...on-murder-of-FSU-law-professor-381635831.html

Yep, basically what I thought, minus a few twists. If it looks like a zebra with stripes, it's never a horse.

I agree, as well. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc. etc. So sad and shocking that a professional man would risk it all, and be involved with this.

Thank goodness for cell phones and cameras everywhere! Shouldn't people be aware of this, especially intelligent ones???

Is this a DP case?

IMHO

Basically yes.

I agree, as well. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc. etc. So sad and shocking that a professional man would risk it all, and be involved with this.

Thank goodness for cell phones and cameras everywhere! Shouldn't people be aware of this, especially intelligent ones???

Is this a DP case?

IMHO

It will be awhile before they file an intent if they choose to seek the DP, but hypothetically, this would definitely qualify as a DP case.

So to release documents that basically tie her family to his murder wouldn't that mean there are arrests being made immediately? I couldn't see them releasing this info and then just leave all the other players running around free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if the florida smile maker is going to take the fall for his mom and sister. There's nothing in that affadavit that ties them to this crime. However, I can't imagine an uncle being so attached to his nephews that he wants their dad killed so his mother can see them more. Not nearly enough motive for an intelligent, professional adult. What exactly was in it for him?

Wonder if the florida smile maker is going to take the fall for his mom and sister. There's nothing in that affadavit that ties them to this crime. However, I can't imagine an uncle being so attached to his nephews that he wants their dad killed so his mother can see them more. Not nearly enough motive for an intelligent, professional adult. What exactly was in it for him?

I'm wondering the same thing.

If I understand correctly, they didn't have to unseal the affidavit. That tells me they have a ton more evidence at their disposal. Releasing it now seems to be more of a psychological approach than that of a legal requirement (especially in the absence of additional arrests when others are clearly implicated.)

This must have been absolutely horrific for whomever Dan was talking on the phone with that morning.
Such a cruel, cold and ugly thing to do, especially to a man who has given so much to others, imo, speculation.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/06/02/dan-markels-final-morning/85290112/
Markel returns home. He is talking on his cellphone when he abruptly stops and tells the caller someone he didn’t recognize was in his driveway. The person then hears a loud grunt and muffled, indecipherable background conversation, followed by labored breathing. Markel could no longer talk.
rbbm.

Did this brother really think he could get away with this? When this Pruis went through the tolls I thought, the bar code would show up at the toll and this would lead to the rental place and the suspects or whoever paid for this rental, meaning could they not have found this right away???
Wonder who all was involved, just the brother?

If I understand correctly, they didn't have to unseal the affidavit. That tells me they have a ton more evidence at their disposal. Releasing it now seems to be more of a psychological approach than that of a legal requirement (especially in the absence of additional arrests when others are clearly implicated.)

That's what I'm wondering. You can't call them all out like that then not arrest them immediately. Especially since the co murderer is quite obviously a dangerous individual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important new information. Apparently Dan had initiated action to restrict Wendi's mothers access to the children. This was probably the triggering event. Now the question is "where did the money come from to pay Garcia?".

We can assume the family's financial records have been gone through throughly. Cash withdrawals corresponding with cash deposits by Garcia or anybody with ties to him, would be a classic amateur mistake. There are better, more discreet ways to amass enough cash for this sort of thing. Businesses that do cash transactions are perfect for that.

It is interesting to note that Wendi, in on of her "writing assignment" pod casts mentions that her father is 70 years old and a brain cancer survivor. His role in the practice and in the business side of operations, might be minimal, but Wendi's mother, the "wicked grandmother" Dan was trying to his kids away from, was the business manager of the practice.

So far, we know little about her, or the rest of Wendi's family. I suspect we will get to know them later in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member