GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this couldn't be a driverless car, but had not heard or read that TPD has mentioned anything about a person driving the suspect vehicle (which appears to be traveling on a roadway).

I see a white male with dark hair driving the car. On the TPD photo below, I've circled the face in yellow. Use a magnifier and see if you spot the face.

FSU Professor Suspect Vehicle.jpg

I figured this couldn't be a driverless car, but had not heard or read that TPD has mentioned anything about a person driving the suspect vehicle (which appears to be traveling on a roadway).

I see a white male with dark hair driving the car. On the TPD photo below, I've circled the face in yellow. Use a magnifier and see if you spot the face.

View attachment 80063

WOW, Does the person look young? I cannot see the face on here.

Ok, maybe i am seeing things- but will post anyway..
In the passenger side, front seat leaning towards the window, nose atop white object ( reflection, or whatever ) what appears to be a laughing/ sneering, older Jewish? man, with white hair, wearing suit jacket, OR Roma style older woman, kerchief on head, also looking out window, laughing/sneering.
Young person in my company notes same, but first noticed backseat person behind driver, fwiw, speculation, imo.ect.

Ok, maybe i am seeing things- but will post anyway..
In the passenger side, front seat leaning towards the window, nose atop white object ( reflection, or whatever ) what appears to be a laughing/ sneering, older Jewish? man, with white hair, wearing suit jacket, OR Roma style older woman, kerchief on head, also looking out window, laughing/sneering.
Young person in my company notes same, but first noticed backseat person behind driver, fwiw, speculation, imo.ect.

I had not thought to look on the passenger side!! But, yes, now that I look there, I see a person's face, too. I don't see what you see, but I'll keep looking with my magnifier.

What I see on the passenger side, front seat, is a middle-aged, 40's, white male with light hair.

The driver looks middle-aged, 40's, white male with dark hair and appears to be wearing glasses; not sure about glasses on the passenger.

The top of the head (on both people) is just under what seems to be the visor line visible near the top section of the front windshield.

I see a short youngish woman/girl with a white hoodie on in the passenger side, sort of looking into the side mirror. Dotr, about 10-11 o'clock above your circle I see what clearly looks like man. The white splash is in the middle of his forehead. Above that is his ball cap-maybe on backward. Sideburns. Sunglasses. Wide shoulders.

It looks like it could be a young kid/teen in a white hoodie on the passenger side. I cannot make out the driver.

I see the face with the white hoodie on the passenger side. The person seems to be looking out the passenger window. The head appears to be partially outside of the passenger window, and the chin area is obstructed from our view by the passenger outside mirror.

To me it looks like an empty passenger seat.

It's amazing how some of you guys can see images of the individual(s) in that car. Great job because I can't see a thing, lol. If you guys are so detailed on what you can see, I still don't understand why the police can't. I thought they would have better technology to zoom in closer. Smh! Maybe they don't want to see who is in the vehicle.....IMOO.

It's amazing how some of you guys can see images of the individual(s) in that car. Great job because I can't see a thing, lol. If you guys are so detailed on what you can see, I still don't understand why the police can't. I thought they would have better technology to zoom in closer. Smh! Maybe they don't want to see who is in the vehicle.....IMOO.

One can see or imagine seeing anything if you look hard enough, but sometimes what we think we see, might be clues our subconscious has picked up on,imo.
Also, wonder about the " ghosting " effect of old video tape recorded over, and maybe LE has seen images of people in car, but chose to airbrush them out?
speculation, imo.

It should be pretty easy to tell if the passenger seat is empty or has someone in it. I think we first need to find photos (preferably real life, but if not, stock should work) of a Prius of the same color. Find out what interior colors it came in. To me, that looks like the pretty standard gray cloth interior of many cars that don't have frills. Light colored fabric would definitely reflect the light more so than, say, a black leather interior. Second, is that the back of the car seat, or a person's body/shoulders? Again, I think stock photos here will help, especially front and profile. Someone should be able to extrapolate the distance between the top of the seat and the posts (A post, C post, etc) and if it matches stock photos.

I can clearly see a face in the yellow circle. All I can see, though, is sunglasses, which I would call old Oakley "wire" style. (That's just me, I'm an old-school Oakley fan.) I cannot make out hair/color or anything else beyond a possible hand on the wheel at the 3:00 position.

I finally saw the "person" whose forehead would fit where the white box at the top of the windshield is. It definitely has the classic outline of a person, but almost like a shooting range silhouette. If someone was sitting in the back, they would have to be almost up over the console or have their face even closer to the windshield than the driver, IMO, for their forehead to appear in that position and to be the backseat passenger.

I also finally saw the "white man" who may be in the passenger seat. I zoomed the photo as much as I could in Chrome, 500%. When I saw it up close, my immediate reaction was that it was a reflection of a wheel from a car passing in front of the Prius while the Prius was stopped or stopping. I strongly feel there are four spokes you can see, which would make sense if it was a wheel reflection. Plus, the sheer size of that person's head versus the driver's would make the passenger a veritable giant. A wheel reflection from a passing car, however, would be much larger than a face.

I also think we have to heed the visor line on the windshield. Most of the car is dark - because I think the driver is all in black and the building to the car's right (our left) casts a shadow into the car. The only direct light coming into the car is from the windshield. I just think it's one dude in sunglasses.

Re the ‘giant’ passenger - - I also saw the ‘giant’ image for the passenger. And I also see a giant image for the driver. I think those images (which are forward of the actual people) are either a bounced-off reflection of the glass windshield and/or the image reflection proportion has been distorted by the glass curvature.

The ‘giant’ driver face reflection is lower than the ‘giant’ passenger reflection. The ‘giant’ driver face (reflection) is on the dashboard area where the top of the head looks like it is directly in the steering wheel. The giant passenger (reflection) top of forehead (hairline) is where the passenger visor is. But I do think these ‘giants’ are both mirror-like reflections.

I have previously reviewed some stock photos but didn’t have any luck with comparison because of lighting differences and also because the TPD photo is so blurry.

Re the ‘giant’ passenger - - I also saw the ‘giant’ image for the passenger. And I also see a giant image for the driver. I think those images (which are forward of the actual people) are either a bounced-off reflection of the glass windshield and/or the image reflection proportion has been distorted by the glass curvature.

The ‘giant’ driver face reflection is lower than the ‘giant’ passenger reflection. The ‘giant’ driver face (reflection) is on the dashboard area where the top of the head looks like it is directly in the steering wheel. The giant passenger (reflection) top of forehead (hairline) is where the passenger visor is. But I do think these ‘giants’ are both mirror-like reflections.

I have previously reviewed some stock photos but didn’t have any luck with comparison because of lighting differences and also because the TPD photo is so blurry.

I get what you're saying - I hadn't thought that those giant images might be reflections from, in effect, looking down into the car. I just don't understand why they'd be so distorted and not moved an equal distance in an equal direction. Essentially, the giant images, to me, look closer together (or nearer the center armrest but not equally centered to the opposite person's body unless one occupant had a distinctly different mass than the other, like a large adult and a small child) when you'd think they'd be both angled the same way and the same distance apart. Does that make any sense?

Makes me wonder if the traffic camera is faulty or damaged, causing a distortion that otherwise would not exist. Also, when you said something about the curvature of the glass, for some reason it made me think of the Pepper's Ghost effect at WDW. I don't know why, and I don't think it could cause remotely the same effect. It just immediately came to mind.

I get what you're saying - I hadn't thought that those giant images might be reflections from, in effect, looking down into the car. I just don't understand why they'd be so distorted and not moved an equal distance in an equal direction. Essentially, the giant images, to me, look closer together (or nearer the center armrest but not equally centered to the opposite person's body unless one occupant had a distinctly different mass than the other, like a large adult and a small child) when you'd think they'd be both angled the same way and the same distance apart. Does that make any sense?

Makes me wonder if the traffic camera is faulty or damaged, causing a distortion that otherwise would not exist. Also, when you said something about the curvature of the glass, for some reason it made me think of the Pepper's Ghost effect at WDW. I don't know why, and I don't think it could cause remotely the same effect. It just immediately came to mind.

I'm no scientist, but your thoughts about Pepper's Ghost effect at WDW is an excellent example of the phenomenon I believe has happened in the image of the Prius regarding reflections from the glass.

I understand your thinking that the images should seem like a similar distance (and they're not)... and I think this also has something to do with the glass reflections and the angle of the camera. Dunno?!?!

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/b...isney-haunted-mansion-hitchhiking-ghosts.html
Light reflecting off human guests would reflect off the surface of the mirrors. At the same time light shining on the hitchhikers behind the mirrors would be visible through the mirrors, allowing both ghosts and humans to be seen together. Get it? It's like walking by a highly reflective office building and seeing yourself in the windows and seeing electric lights inside the building all at the same time.

Since I'm guessing that Prius hasn't been found in the last two months since that picture was revealed, I'm guessing the owner/user has already changed its looks or destroyed it. In fact, there's a good chance one of those things was probably done well before the police ever revealed the picture to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member