GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...rkel-suspect-indictments-second-day/86005166/
rbbm.

Leon County grand jurors spent Thursday afternoon hearing evidence against two men accused in the killing of Dan Markel.

Proceedings are expected to extend into Friday to determine whether first-degree murder charges should be brought against Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera.

The documents chiefly point to Adelson’s mother, Donna Adelson, and brother, Charles Adelson, as possibly being connected to the plot.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/florid...t-2-in-fsu-law-professor-murder-for-hire-case
Grand jurors expected to indict at least 2 in FSU law professor murder for hire case
Posted: 4:55 PM, June 16, 2016
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - A grand jury is meeting in the state Capitol to consider the murder for hire case of a Florida State University law professor. The investigation is far from over.
It was a day of opening and closing doors as grand jury witnesses came and went.
State Attorney Willie Meggs said the grand jury will meet well into Friday.
Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman said her grand jury presentation will focus on the two men in custody.
"I am presenting an overview of the entirety of the case, so they can give me feedback on other suspects," Cappleman said. "So they have the power to indict whoever they choose."
Neither Garcia or Rivera are cooperating.
So, does this mean the only investigative results they are presenting are basically what we saw in the PC? And the two indictments? Is that for Rivera and Garcia?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I'll throw another article into the mix. Same info as those who posted above.

A grand jury is now considering whether accused hitmen Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera should be indicted in Markel's murder.

So far, they are the only people charged in the murder for hire scheme.

Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman says, "I am presenting them an overview of the entirety of the case, so they can give me feedback on other suspects. They of course have the power to indict whoever they choose, but I am not seeking indictments on anyone other than the two that we've arrested."
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Leo...ew-Markel-murder-case-Thursday-383243371.html

To me this reads like the prosecutor is actively seeking indictments against Rivera and Garcia, but it's possible that the grand jury could also return indictments on other co-conspirators (from examining the "entirety of the case"). I'm guessing it is rare for something like that to happen though. Makes me wonder if there is some sort of strategy involved here to potentially receive indictments before arrests are made. It sounds like the grand jury is seeing and hearing a whole lot more than we've been privy too so far.

I have to say, I have found the press coverage of this case pretty lacking. This article says that "a handful of civilians" have testified before the grand jury. Well, who??? Imagine if this case were taking place in a major city with an aggressive press corp. Reporters would have tracked down all of the Adelsons and would be sticking cameras and microphones in their faces daily, demanding answers (and showing them looking evasive if they won't provide them). They'd have figured out who each of the Adelsons' attorneys are, and constantly hounded them for answers (and report if they won't provide any). And what about talking to DM's and WA's friends, who could shed additional light on their interactions in the weeks leading up to the murder? I've read suggestions that DM was seeing someone before he was killed. True? Who is it? What does she know?

New!
EXCLUSIVE: Girlfriend defends the ex-brother-in-law of FSU professor shot dead in his driveway who cops say is connected to execution-style ‘murder-for-hire’

34FD48C100000578-3631746-image-m-25_1466172195783.jpg
June Umchinda (right), 27, who is dating Charles Adelson says she doesn't believe that Adelson or other family members paid two career criminals to carry out the 2014 killing of Daniel Markel

The wealthy Ft Lauderdale family police suspect of having a motive related to the execution-style killing of a highly respected Florida State University law professor had nothing to do with the murder, according to the live-in girlfriend of a family member.

June Umchinda's comments come as a Leon County grand jury decides whether to issue two career criminals with first-degree murder indictments for the July 2014 murder of Dan Markel.

The two suspected killers are Sigfredo Garcia, who has been arrested in connection to the murder, and Luis Rivera, who is already behind bars on other charges waiting to be served an arrest warrant.

Umchinda, 27, a Thailand-born credit union worker who started dating playboy periodontist Charles Adelson eight months ago, tells Daily Mail Online in an exclusive interview she doesn't believe the theory that Adelson or other family members paid the two to carry out the killing of Markel.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-jury-decides-charge-crime.html#ixzz4Brmwus26
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

New!
EXCLUSIVE: Girlfriend defends the ex-brother-in-law of FSU professor shot dead in his driveway who cops say is connected to execution-style ‘murder-for-hire’

attachment.php

June Umchinda (right), 27, who is dating Charles Adelson says she doesn't believe that Adelson or other family members paid two career criminals to carry out the 2014 killing of Daniel Markel

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-jury-decides-charge-crime.html#ixzz4Brmwus26

Leave it to a British newspaper to do the work of the Florida press... "Playboy periodontist" is my new favorite phrase.

According to her neighbors in North Miami Beach, Magbanua left her rented townhouse with her kids in the middle of the night June 1, hours after Garcia was arrested.

'He (Garcia) was back with Katherine,' said one next door neighbor who asked that her name not be used. 'She hasn't been back here since he was arrested.

'Some friends of hers in pickup truck came a couple nights ago and cleaned out the house. She didn't tell anyone where she was going.'

I've gone to family dinners and they never talk about what happened to Wendi's ex-husband. I did ask once and Charlie said he was murdered. That was it.

'But I'm practically living with Charlie and I'm not worried. He's very nice and not violent at all.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-jury-decides-charge-crime.html#ixzz4BrrVJs9K

Motor vehicle records show dad Harvey owns a half dozen black luxury cars, including three Mercedes-Benzes, two Lexus and a Ferrari. They are driven by Wendi and Charles. His current girlfriend June Umchinda's Range Rover is also registered to Harvey, according to records.

'It's a very classy, well-educated family,' Umchinda tells us. 'Police must have it wrong.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-jury-decides-charge-crime.html#ixzz4BrrVJs9K

Why she might love him long time, imo..
Oh June, June, June! You are just one of many, many, dark haired beauties in his stable. And, you don't have the right pedigree to ever be Mrs. Adelson. When he tires of you, (and he will) what will be your fate? Don't do it!!!!!!
New!

View attachment 96855

Oh, damn. Back to the drawing board. Classy, well-educated people never commit murder.......

Yea, don't you love it! HAHA All I see on the news lately is doctors and or a lawyer murdering their spouses. "But he is so nice", Sorry June, I don't buy it and Katherine leaving in the middle of the night, She's got to be shaking in her boots scared of being found. She knew she would be looked for next. Well let's see who gets arrested now, the playboy?

Yes. That is the news thus far. Maybe now they can REALLY put some pressure on these guys to sing like canaries. (If this has not already been done).

I can no longer get access to that paper. So...they only indicted Garcia and Rivera?! Excuse me while I throw up.

You can usually bypass a paywall by opening a private window on your browser.

5:55 p.m. update

After two days of hearing evidence, Leon County grand jurors indicted both Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera on first-degree murder charges in the death of Dan Markel.

Garcia, 33, is in the Leon County Jail and 34-year-old Rivera is housed in a federal prison in Orlando.

State Attorney Willie Meggs said he would move to keep the grand jury as more arrests in the case are expected.
http://www.tallahassee.com/news/

Interesting. Was hoping there would be indictments for two more people. It makes me wonder If LE can tie the pieces together to eventually get the ones who hired these two convicts?

Meggs will move to keep the grand jury as more arrests in this case are expected.

Not sure what this means.. Does this mean on Monday he can reconvene the grand jury and go for other indictments? What are they waiting for?!

I wonder whose idea it was to allow June Umchinda to be interviewed. What a train wreck Playboy Perio
is.

And why doesn't the Daily Mail go after the other Adelsons? It appears the Florida papers are scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members