GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be buzzkillington here, but why would the Democrat and news outlets report theories and opinions? It seems they've been relatively careful and have reported on what is known; rather than their ideas of possible motives.
In one of the documents Daniel asks for her to be officially sanctioned, because she's a law professor. It's just a publicly available fact, but they preferred reporting about rings and tennis rackets.
I agree with the previous post that these issues are important, my point is that the media has been going very easy on WA and good reporting on the divorce documents does not have to include any speculation whatsoever.
Someone should post all these documents and you'll see what I mean.

He may have threatened to do so but he certainly never requested any such documents via the court. So I don't think this ever happened- he was angry, aggressive, and thorough. If you look at the divorce documents carefully, they are headed to court without him ever mentioning any of this.
Let's stick to evidence. Why do we think Daniel looked into WA's parents or the dental practice at all? What evidence is there? This seems an internet theory without evidence.
But as I said, I agree 99% with the post, and most importantly, these are awful people. It took 4-5 people to have no conscience or decency at all for this to happen.
you missed my point. But that's ok.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

In one of the documents Daniel asks for her to be officially sanctioned, because she's a law professor. It's just a fact, but they never reported it. Probably more important than fighting over a ring, which they did report.

Here is an article about just some of the consequences that a lawyer could face as a result of lying to the court or providing false evidence:
http://www.stroock.com/siteFiles/Pub784.pdf

This is of course just speculation but if the A's were as unusually proud of WA as some accounts have indicated, it would seem plausible that they might be willing to go to great lengths to protect her reputation and prevent her name from being dragged through the mud, or worse. Even if it was unlikely that WA would have wound up facing some of the serious professional consequences mentioned, it seems like a reasonable possibility that they might have considered taking drastic action to prevent even the possibility of that happening. It's also possible that they might have worried (possibly incorrectly) that inquiries into WA's finances might have led Dan, the court, and LE down a rabbit hole and into the finances of the dental practice, which also might have led them to take aggressive action. Again just speculating based on what was going on in the divorce proceeding.

you missed my point. But that's ok.

Please explain then. It's interesting but I just don't see any evidence at all that there was an inquiry beyond the marital finances.

H It's also possible that they might have worried (possibly incorrectly) that inquiries into WA's finances might have led Dan, the court, and LE down a rabbit hole and into the finances of the dental practice, which also might have led them to take aggressive action. Again just speculating based on what was going on in the divorce proceeding.

This is intriguing, but I just don't understand how this would happened. They were headed to court without Daniel ever mentioning any finances outside of the WA/Daniel Markel marital finances. The court documents are VERY specific and mostly about her failure to adhere to the Marriage agreement. Daniel was so detailed, he's asking for specific account information- hard to imagine that there's something there with the family finances and he doesn't mention it- he mentions every other transgression under the sun...

If i am missing something please explain! This is such a complex case.....

Nancy Grace is featuring on her show right now or 8:30 pm.

I wonder if maybe they had made some unreported gifts to her, or maybe if she was driving one of the several family cars registered in the father's name (possibly improperly listed as company cars?). If Dan was digging into her finances with any level of detail maybe the family thought that it might open some can of worms about minor improper transactions between WA and the dental practice, or the parents/brother, which could in turn lead to something more illicit being uncovered. Even if there was just a whiff of something improper between WA and the practice or the parents, if they had some major dirty dealings going on in the practice that didn't touch WA they may have feared that any improprieties that were uncovered in the divorce could have led to serious improprieties in the practice or other family finances. There is no evidence whatsoever of any such serious improprieties, this is just speculation of a **possible** motive in addition to their wanting to get the grandchildren back to South Florida or wanting to protect WA from trouble connected to a potentially fraudulent submission to the court. I think the other motives (kids, protecting WA) are much more plausible. But if it were me, and I was seriously screwing around with my finances and somebody started asking detailed questions about my adult child's finances, I would be very concerned that any shady transactions I had done with my kid might lead to a broader inquiry regarding my own finances. To list just one potential example, perhaps they worried Dan or his attorney was on the verge of piecing something together and reporting them to the IRS or state agencies, as some have suggested. To reiterate, there is absolutely no concrete evidence of this AT ALL but it seems like an additional possibility in addition to the other possible motives, at least in theory.

Please explain then. It's interesting but I just don't see any evidence at all that there was an inquiry beyond the marital finances.

This is intriguing, but I just don't understand how this would happened. They were headed to court without Daniel ever mentioning any finances outside of the WA/Daniel Markel marital finances. The court documents are VERY specific and mostly about her failure to adhere to the Marriage agreement. Daniel was so detailed, he's asking for specific account information- hard to imagine that there's something there with the family finances and he doesn't mention it- he mentions every other transgression under the sun...

If i am missing something please explain! This is such a complex case.....
It has nothing to do with the marital finances. That is part of my point.

I re-read post #542. I don't get it. Daniel Markel never requested any investigation of finances beyond his marital finances, including the family dental practice, Charlie, or Dad....and there was ZERO possibility whatsoever than any of these other individuals were going to get dragged into a divorce settlement dispute. There was no document filed with the court to look into anyone else's finances. It was about his marital finances. Period.If you read these documents you see that Daniel Markel was not fooling around- he made every single allegation possible, and then some- so these ideas are silly given the evidence. I can't imagine he left anything out.
Those suggesting this might have "led to" disclosures regarding the family's dental practice might not understand the rules of divorce litigation. That's not really possible. Daniel made very specific requests (e.g., account numbers for retirement accounts) that did not require looking beyond marital accounts.
There's no need to invent theories when the court documents show everything - someone should post them!

Nancy Grace asks Garcia's lawyer to explain the 1000s of communications between Garcia and KM in the months leading up to the murder, and he explains, reasonably, that Garcia was then just talking to the mother of his child. Nancy Grace then asks why Garcia suddenly called KM after the murder and his response is along the lines of "like many people he's probably got multiple cell phones." ??? But he doesn't say what that call was about or explain, reasonably, that it was just one of many calls to his child's mother. Wendi, Donna and Harvey didn't response to Nancy Grace show's requests for comment but Charlie responded through his attorney, Michael Weinstein: http://www.mdwlawfirm.com/firm-overview.php

Garcia's lawyer to Nancy Grace: "there were reasons, and I'm not gonna say they're legitimate reasons, why they were in Tallahassee." Weinstein (Charlie's lawyer): "We are going to let the justice system run its course. The family is denying liability for this in its entirety."

My point is based on my own paranoid speculation. So, it's really not a point. And as long as no one else is feeling it, then it's really not that important and I'm being paranoid unnecessarily. 😨
😎

I read them also. Daniel was not seeking any documents having to do with the Adelson's dental practice or anyone other than WA. I don't see any evidence that Daniel was looking beyond his joint bank accounts with WA, the ring, etc.
But I agree with 99% of what you wrote.
And in my opinion you do a better job of reporting on some of this than the media has- they failed to mention the threat of embarrassment and legal sanctions on a lawyer employed as a law school professor- a big deal. (Never mentioned by the Democrat, although they wrote a story based on those very same documents).

Still incredibly curious about Motive #3. Is it the existence of Dan's new girlfriend?

To be clear, I don't actually think Markel had discovered anything about the dental practice or was trying to compel documents pertaining to the dental practice. I just think he discovered some discrepancies between WA's financial affidavit and assets he was aware she possessed, and dove into it. I think she was afraid of potential sanctions, embarrassment, having the agreement wiped out and possibly having to give back some money she'd already gotten as part of the agreement. Not even necessarily disbarment. I think that coupled with all of the location/custody issues were her motives. And to a lesser extent Dan's new girlfriend and the inevitable potential for a stepmom in the mix - she didn't want another woman around the kids and felt territorial.

I don't think the family had a motive outside of wanting WA to be happy and DA wanting to have her daughter and the grandkids down in South FL. And just hating that they couldn't get their way. I guess it's possible the family had other motives but I doubt it...that's why I've never believed in the blind/innocent WA theory and I never will...she's the one with the motive and I think she was the driving force.

My point is based on my own paranoid speculation. So, it's really not a point. And as long as no one else is feeling it, then it's really not that important and I'm being paranoid unnecessarily. ��
��

I'm feeling it. I get exactly what you mean.

Garcia's lawyer to Nancy Grace: "there were reasons, and I'm not gonna say they're legitimate reasons, why they were in Tallahassee." Weinstein (Charlie's lawyer): "We are going to let the justice system run its course. The family is denying liability for this in its entirety."

This was five minutes after Garcia's lawyer said he wasn't in Tallahassee at all. @@@@ This guy does not do good on the spot.

Nancy Grace asks Garcia's lawyer to explain the 1000s of communications between Garcia and KM in the months leading up to the murder, and he explains, reasonably, that Garcia was then just talking to the mother of his child. Nancy Grace then asks why Garcia suddenly called KM after the murder and his response is along the lines of "like many people he's probably got multiple cell phones." ??? But he doesn't say what that call was about or explain, reasonably, that it was just one of many calls to his child's mother. Wendi, Donna and Harvey didn't response to Nancy Grace show's requests for comment but Charlie responded through his attorney, Michael Weinstein: http://www.mdwlawfirm.com/firm-overview.php

I think you mean why he suddenly STOPPED calling that phone. That's when the attorney said he probably started calling another one because doesn't everyone have multiple phones these days? Um, no...most law abiding people have 1, possibly 2 if they have a work phone. That was such a dumb answer. Nancy made me laugh when she said, "I'd sure like to know if my husband has a second phone!!" :)

If any one of Adelsons was involved this shows an incredible amount of desperation. Desperation that overwhelmed all rationality. With ongoing divorce warfare of course LE would zero in on them from day 1.

Can anyone post a link for us Millennials that don't have cable?

To be clear, I don't actually think Markel had discovered anything about the dental practice or was trying to compel documents pertaining to the dental practice. I just think he discovered some discrepancies between WA's financial affidavit and assets he was aware she possessed, and dove into it. I think she was afraid of potential sanctions, embarrassment, having the agreement wiped out and possibly having to give back some money she'd already gotten as part of the agreement. Not even necessarily disbarment. I think that coupled with all of the location/custody issues were her motives. And to a lesser extent Dan's new girlfriend and the inevitable potential for a stepmom in the mix - she didn't want another woman around the kids and felt territorial.

I don't think the family had a motive outside of wanting WA to be happy and DA wanting to have her daughter and the grandkids down in South FL. And just hating that they couldn't get their way. I guess it's possible the family had other motives but I doubt it...that's why I've never believed in the blind/innocent WA theory and I never will...she's the one with the motive and I think she was the driving force.

This all seems totally spot-on to me. And I think sanctions were possible given how aggressive he was being- assuming he wasn't just bluffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member