GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some if this was definitely written by Dan. Its more academic than most court filings that I write and most that I see.

It's okay to be wrong. Because of Websleuth's policy against sleuthing family members, 95% of the posts in the first thread are completely wrong.
But, if you read through Justice for Dan, most of the official posts are about the rabbi theory; there were also suggestions that the FBI should get involved (they already were) and assurances that WA and her family could not possibly be involved.
That's not an "all sides" approach, it's an uninformed and ultimately false narrative put out there by an "official" group. It was helpful WA, DA, and CA, but no one else.
I think the Websleuths approach is much better. There are probably some insiders, but no one here is arrogant enough to claim they know more than anyone else- at least at this point.

The 95% posts that are "wrong" in the first thread don't show all the posts that were "right" but deleted. Even artfully worded posts. :(

From the very beginning we thought Wendi had a lover who did it.

But we were somewhat wrong and possibly somewhat right at the same time.

But, if you read through Justice for Dan, most of the official posts are about the rabbi theory; there were also suggestions that the FBI should get involved (they already were) and assurances that WA and her family could not possibly be involved.
That's not an "all sides" approach, it's an uninformed and ultimately false narrative put out there by an "official" group. It was helpful WA, DA, and CA, but no one else.

Fair point. Maybe I was being too generous in my recollection of Justice for Dan's postings before the arrests of the alleged hit men. :)

I guess my main point is that I think some of the people who were involved with Justice for Dan, and some others in the community, were animated by a fear of being considered rude for speculating too much about the A family's involvement. One thing I know for sure is that people in certain circles are very afraid of this. Even now it is considered impolite by some to speculate too directly or to insinuate too strongly that the family appeared to have been involved or must have been involved in this. It's considered even more impolite to insinuate that WA might have been involved. People who know/knew them are afraid to say anything publicly that might be construed as accusing or smearing the A family. While among friends, many will speculate away, but they are afraid to do so in public, in writing, or among people they don't know too well. Not only are people afraid of sounding illiberal by accusing someone who hasn't been charged, but they're also afraid of word getting back to the A's or their friends, and being confronted as a result. It's a small community. In fact, I seem to recall WA directly confronting someone on Justice for Dan who insinuated that the family was involved -- and this was after the arrests were made but before she deleted her FB account. Even now, guest posters have stated on Justice for Dan that people shouldn't speculate on the page about the family's involvement. Plus for many people the idea that someone they know could have been involved in something like this is just too horrible to contemplate. And of course nobody wants to get sued. I think the same skittishness that affects many other acquaintances in Florida could also have motivated the administrators of that FB page to promote other theories at the expense of speculating about what seemed obvious to many, even before the alleged hit men were arrested. Or maybe I'm giving Justice for Dan too much credit and they really were shilling for the A's, who knows. :)

Fair point. Maybe I was being too generous in my recollection of Justice for Dan's postings before the arrests of the alleged hit men. :)

I guess my main point is that I think some of the people who were involved with Justice for Dan, and some others in the community, were animated by a fear of being considered rude for speculating too much about the A family's involvement. One thing I know for sure is that people in certain circles are very afraid of this. Even now it is considered impolite by some to speculate too directly or to insinuate too strongly that the family appeared to have been involved or must have been involved in this. It's considered even more impolite to insinuate that WA might have been involved. People who know/knew them are afraid to say anything publicly that might be construed as accusing or smearing the A family. While among friends, many will speculate away, but they are afraid to do so in public, in writing, or among people they don't know too well. Not only are people afraid of sounding illiberal by accusing someone who hasn't been charged, but they're also afraid of word getting back to the A's or their friends, and being confronted as a result. It's a small community. In fact, I seem to recall WA directly confronting someone on Justice for Dan who insinuated that the family was involved -- and this was after the arrests were made but before she deleted her FB account. Even now, guest posters have stated on Justice for Dan that people shouldn't speculate on the page about the family's involvement. Plus for many people the idea that someone they know could have been involved in something like this is just too horrible to contemplate. And of course nobody wants to get sued. I think the same skittishness that affects many other acquaintances in Florida could also have motivated the administrators of that FB page to promote other theories at the expense of speculating about what seemed obvious to many, even before the alleged hit men were arrested. Or maybe I'm giving Justice for Dan too much credit and they really were shilling for the A's, who knows. :)

Agreed. And WA was confronting people, even after Garcia was arrested.

Anyone have ideas as to why the Public Defender's office conflicted off Rivera? Even though Garcia is represented by a private attorney?

Perhaps they represent the unnamed Tallahassee witness?

Agree. Plus I truly think that some of his friends were attracted to W.A and really didn't want to publicly throw her under the bus. Jmo

Let me get this straight. If I'm wrong then please correct me.

1) LE had witnesses about a prius fleeing the scene or in the area.

2) LE felt this was a hit and tracked down all cameras that would have caught Dan that day.

3) While tracking Dans movement and getting the camera footages; They realize that a Prius is following him and that Prius has a toll pass near the front window.

4) They then check the Toll pass surveillance to see how many Prius's passed through?

And this is how they found the license plate number and Luis name as renting the vehicle?

So I wonder if LE felt that since this was a hit; That the perp would flee back that same day and used the Toll/Sun pass that same day?

So was the toll pass in the window the cause of everybody now getting caught?

If so then dang. You plot for months and hire people to execute things which doesn't lead back to you.

But everything then comes to light all because the hitmen left a toll pass visible near the windshield. Lol

Thank you for dumb criminals. Btw. I think the feds were able to arrest Luis on Gang charges because they had access of surveillance on him due to him originally being investigated in the murder of Dan.

Jmo

2) LE felt this was a hit and tracked down all cameras that would have caught Dan that day.

3) While tracking Dans movement and getting the camera footages; They realize that a Prius is following him and that Prius has a toll pass near the front window.

4) They then check the Toll pass surveillance to see how many Prius's passed through?

And this is how they found the license plate number and Luis name as renting the vehicle?

So I wonder if LE felt that since this was a hit; That the perp would flee back that same day and used the Toll/Sun pass that same day?

If so then dang. You plot for months and hire people to execute things which doesn't lead back to you.

But everything then comes to light all because the hitmen left a toll pass visible near the windshield. Lol

Thank you for dumb criminals. Btw. I think the feds were able to arrest Luis on Gang charges because they had access of surveillance on him due to him originally being investigated in the murder of Dan.

Jmo

Well, they've revealed there was a Tallahassee witness who came forward and confessed to renting the hotel room for Garcia and Rivera. He/she also confessed to seeing them the month earlier (the thwarted attempt in June) and Garcia had a gun. So I'm not sure at what point the Tally witnesses started cooperating and helped tie the vehicle to Garcia and Rivera...or if they were able to tie the vehicle to the two before the witness came forward using the evidence you mentioned above.

Well, they've revealed there was a Tallahassee witness who came forward and confessed to renting the hotel room for Garcia and Rivera. He/she also confessed to seeing them the month earlier (the thwarted attempt in June) and Garcia had a gun. So I'm not sure at what point the Tally witnesses started cooperating and helped tie the vehicle the Garcia Rivera...or if they were able to tie the vehicle to the two before the witness came forward using the evidence you mentioned above.

Agree. I think that witness came later as they were already probably botched in due to LE analyzing Luis calls prior or during his times in Tallahassee.

So I'm sure that if the witness was a contact of Luis and had a Tallahassee number. Then that witness was probably contacted very early on after Luis was already on the radar. Jmo.

I also think they told the witness that they will go down for murder conspiracy unless they tell the truth.

But I doubt they came forward on day 1. Especially since they seem to not have known that Luis came down there for Dan.

And also by the time they realized that Luis did do this. They were probably too afraid to talk since Luis would know that they could have been the only ones to talk. Jmo.

So I definitely think LE had contacted them first but only after already investigating Luis.

Is a promise made in a legal deposition legally binding?
And with all money this family has, why wouldn't she just give it back?
I think it's because it was her last and only weapon left against Dan. To hold back that ring must have been like a turning knife in Dan's heart. It wasn't just a ring. It was a wedding ring worn by one of his relatives during the Holocaust. I would have fought to the end of the earth and back to have that ring returned to my family.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I think it's because it was her last and only weapon left against Dan. To hold back that ring must have been like a turning knife in Dan's heart. It wasn't just a ring. It was a wedding ring worn by one of his relatives during the Holocaust. I would have fought to the end of the earth and back to have that ring returned to my family.

Agree. I hate domestic violence. But I wouldn't have blame Dan if he did physically take the ring back. Jmo. That ring meant a lot. And she knew it.

Now she obviously had her own money and her family had money.

So her actions of taking everything including the kids while he was out; Tells us that she is a very vindictive person during a time when those choices wasn't needed.

So imo. Wendi blew things out of proportion in everyone's eyes to make her seem like the victim of a deranged husband that she knew was actually a soft loving guy who would have comprehmised if she simply tried to negotiate a honest and equal separation. Jmo

Jmo

Per the PCA, it looked like they didn't request the toll booth records until they had their cellphones.
I'm guessing it didn't go down exactly in this order, and it will be fascinating to see how they got them, for sure.
And especially what they've been doing for 2 years!

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...-attorney-denies-markel-involvement/86560448/

“Let me be clear,” said Ft. Lauderdale attorney Michael D. Weinstien. "Dr. Adelson is denying any participation in this death whatsoever.”
The attorney for Dan Markel’s former brother-in-law Charles Adelson said he was not involved in the FSU law professor’s broad daylight slaying.
Adelson, a cosmetic dentist from Broward County, and his mother, Donna Adelson, have been implicated by investigators in Markel’s murder-for-hire plot. Charles Adelson has not been questioned by investigators, Weinstein said.

FBI and Tallahassee Police investigators say Markel’s contentious divorce with Wendi Adelson, Charles’ sister, and the family’s eagerness to move the couple’s two young children to South Florida as the motive for the crime.
Two men, Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera, are facing first-degree murder charges in Markel’s July 2014 killing at his Betton Hills home. He was found with two gunshot wounds to the head still seated in his car inside the garage.
Police say the men were “enlisted” to kill Markel.
“They don’t even know who killed Danny Markel,” Weinstein said. “They know two people went to Tallahassee and then radio silence. They want to make a connection to the family without any actual evidence.”

Investigators say Katherine Magbanua, a former girlfriend of Charles Adelson and the mother of two of Garcia’s children, was the connection between the Adelsons and the two alleged hitmen.
Weinstein said Magbanua and Charles Adelson dated. She worked in the family’s Ft. Lauderdale dental office after they broke up.
Prosecutors last week called Magbanua a suspect and witness in the case. She was one of Charles Adelson's top cell phone contacts around the time Markel was killed.
Weinstein reiterated his client’s lack of involvement in Markel’s death.
“In this country,” Weinstein said, “we have the right to actual evidence before we’re convicted. Dr. Adelson denies any liability to this claim whatsoever.”

Charles Adelson has not been questioned by investigators, Weinstein said.

A lot of lawyer-types in here these days. So what does it mean when someone is clearly implicated in a murder but the police have never talked to them? I mean, they even talked to Garcia.
Does it mean they have them nailed and there's no point? Or is that too optimistic?

A lot of lawyer-types in here these days. So what does it mean when someone is clearly implicated in a murder but the police have never talked to them? I mean, they even talked to Garcia.
Does it mean they have them nailed and there's no point? Or is that too optimistic?
I don't think they talked with Garcia until he was arrested.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...-attorney-denies-markel-involvement/86560448/

“Let me be clear,” said Ft. Lauderdale attorney Michael D. Weinstien. "Dr. Adelson is denying any participation in this death whatsoever.”
The attorney for Dan Markel’s former brother-in-law Charles Adelson said he was not involved in the FSU law professor’s broad daylight slaying.
Adelson, a cosmetic dentist from Broward County, and his mother, Donna Adelson, have been implicated by investigators in Markel’s murder-for-hire plot. Charles Adelson has not been questioned by investigators, Weinstein said.

FBI and Tallahassee Police investigators say Markel’s contentious divorce with Wendi Adelson, Charles’ sister, and the family’s eagerness to move the couple’s two young children to South Florida as the motive for the crime.
Two men, Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera, are facing first-degree murder charges in Markel’s July 2014 killing at his Betton Hills home. He was found with two gunshot wounds to the head still seated in his car inside the garage.
Police say the men were “enlisted” to kill Markel.
“They don’t even know who killed Danny Markel,” Weinstein said. “They know two people went to Tallahassee and then radio silence. They want to make a connection to the family without any actual evidence.”

Investigators say Katherine Magbanua, a former girlfriend of Charles Adelson and the mother of two of Garcia’s children, was the connection between the Adelsons and the two alleged hitmen.
Weinstein said Magbanua and Charles Adelson dated. She worked in the family’s Ft. Lauderdale dental office after they broke up.
Prosecutors last week called Magbanua a suspect and witness in the case. She was one of Charles Adelson's top cell phone contacts around the time Markel was killed.
Weinstein reiterated his client’s lack of involvement in Markel’s death.
“In this country,” Weinstein said, “we have the right to actual evidence before we’re convicted. Dr. Adelson denies any liability to this claim whatsoever.”
Well of course this man is going to deny liability sans his lawyer. It way too coincidental that 2 men who have no connection to DM drive up on a second attempt to kill him in his own driveway. Yet, DR. CA, was in an intimate relationship with his previous X. Yeah, okay. Sorry just cannot believe the level of absurdity from that linked article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first read that, I wondered if it might be semantics .... the police could have tried to talk to him, but he lawyered up (remember at press conference, TPD chief saying they weren't on speaking terms with the Adelsons). Therefore, he "has not been questioned by investigators" would still be technically true. A defense attorney wouldn't possibly spin something in the most favorable light for his client, would he? :laughing: But who knows, maybe they haven't tried to talk to CA yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman