GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course this man is going to deny liability sans his lawyer. It way too coincidental that 2 men who have no connection to DM drive up on a second attempt to kill him in his own driveway. Yet, DR. CA, was in an intimate relationship with his previous X. Yeah, okay. Sorry just cannot believe the level of absurdity from that linked article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, talk about absurd things... what about the mention of KM working in the family dental practice after KM and CA broke up? Ummm, was that reported right? I have no idea the actual timeline of when KM and CA may dated. Where does that dating timeline line up with the murder timeline.

I have also never heard the connection of KM working for the dental practice made prior to this article.

That to me is a big deal I would think just on its face...another connection to the Adelson family....especially Grandma Adelson.

If KM worked their PRIOR to the murder I would say it may be possible to forget CA as the contact person. Wouldn't it ? Those phone calls certainly make me say nope, probably not . However this does allow DA to have access to her anytime she wanted to negotiate and plan a murder if they worked together prior to Dan's murder. And susequently they could have "kept in touch."

If KM started working at the dental practice there AFTER the murder that would also make me say WHOA? How many people want to all the sudden go work with the person they just ended a relationship??? If KM did start working after the murder I would want to ask is this some sort of murder for hire payment plan on installments? Is that where the payments for the hit can be found. What is all that about that ATM stop? Was that an initial payment or was that even a payment at all? Did KM bring home her paychecks for SG? Either way, if she worked at their practice I would say people may want to consider whether Charlie had anything to do with this at all when DA could bend KM's ear while at work. This case just gets weirder and weirder every day.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...-attorney-denies-markel-involvement/86560448/

“Let me be clear,” said Ft. Lauderdale attorney Michael D. Weinstien. "Dr. Adelson is denying any participation in this death whatsoever.”
“In this country,” Weinstein said, “we have the right to actual evidence before we’re convicted. Dr. Adelson denies any liability to this claim whatsoever.”

I find Weinstein's denial extremely weak. An attorney who truly believed in his client's innocence would say something like, "Dr. Adelson is innocent. He didn't do it. He didn't pay anyone to do it. He had absolutely nothing to do with it. And he has no idea who did it."

Instead, Weinstein simply repeats Dr. Adelson's own denial of liability -- clearly distancing Weinstein himself from a client's denial that he likely knows will be disproved.

I find Weinstein's denial extremely weak. An attorney who truly believed in his client's innocence would say something like, "Dr. Adelson is innocent. He didn't do it. He didn't pay anyone to do it. He had absolutely nothing to do with it. And he has no idea who did it."

Instead, Weinstein simply repeats Dr. Adelson's own denial of liability -- clearly distancing Weinstein himself from a client's denial that he likely knows will be disproved.

AMEN and DITTO on that observation !!!!!

If I was CA and finally had a chance to say something to everyone ( I believe I would have just made my own chance a LONG time ago if I was CA) I would want him to make darn sure he absolutely said " I didn't do this, I didn't ask anyone to do this, I didn't even joke about wishing DM was dead", that is not even funny to joke about etc " . Last, but not least, I would have been having my attorney scream from the roof tops I didn't ask anyone to cause my nephews to lose their own Dad. I probably would have asked him to ask out loud to the press and public what is wrong with all you people thinking I did do this or ask someone to do this to them? Sorry, but it is a lot easier to "think" like an innocent person and "sound" like one IF YOU ARE INNOCENT . All of course, just my humble opinion

Wait, talk about absurd things... what about the mention of KM working in the family dental practice after KM and CA broke up? Ummm, was that reported right? I have no idea the actual timeline of when KM and CA may dated. Where does that dating timeline line up with the murder timeline.

I have also never heard the connection of KM working for the dental practice made prior to this article.

That to me is a big deal I would think just on its face...another connection to the Adelson family....especially Grandma Adelson.

If KM worked their PRIOR to the murder I would say it may be possible to forget CA as the contact person. Wouldn't it ? Those phone calls certainly make me say nope, probably not . However this does allow DA to have access to her anytime she wanted to negotiate and plan a murder if they worked together prior to Dan's murder. And susequently they could have "kept in touch."

If KM started working at the dental practice there AFTER the murder that would also make me say WHOA? How many people want to all the sudden go work with the person they just ended a relationship??? If KM did start working after the murder I would want to ask is this some sort of murder for hire payment plan on installments? Is that where the payments for the hit can be found. What is all that about that ATM stop? Was that an initial payment or was that even a payment at all? Did KM bring home her paychecks for SG? Either way, if she worked at their practice I would say people may want to consider whether Charlie had anything to do with this at all when DA could bend KM's ear while at work. This case just gets weirder and weirder every day.

Yes. For all we know, KM could have worked side by side with DA for months. This is potentially a big deal, if true, and I think that you're correct that it hadn't previously been reported. It would have been possible for one or more of the other A's to go directly through KM without even CA knowing about it. Also would have been easy for them to funnel payments to her if they wanted to do so, as DA was the bookkeeper. These payments could have even been structured as bonuses, or a raise. It would have been a viable way to transfer even significant amounts of money without detection. Alternatively, they could theoretically have been paying her large sums of money for this hit, for what may have been essentially a no-show job. And I also agree with the person who suggested that CA hasn't been interviewed with the police may mean nothing - it could very well just mean that they asked for an interview, he lawyered up, and declined. Just speculating of course.

Yes. For all we know, KM could have worked side by side with DA for months. This is potentially a big deal, if true, and I think that you're correct that it hadn't previously been reported. It would have been possible for one or more of the other A's to go directly through KM without even CA knowing about it. Also would have been easy for them to funnel payments to her if they wanted to do so, as DA was the bookkeeper. These payments could have even been structured as bonuses, or a raise. It would have been a viable way to transfer even significant amounts of money without detection.

These are really smart points.
But I still think CA is going to jail. The PCA highlights CA's relationship with KM. I'm betting there's a lot more evidence that implicates CA and KM.

As far as the conflict-of-interest in the PD office, any chance these people were friends of WA?

I'm sure they asked to speak with him and he declined, saying to talk to his attorney - or his attorney declined for him.

And agreed that KM working at the dental office is very telling. DA would have access to her, though my guess is CA was still heavily involved - how else would DA know the girl had a Latin King for her children's father? I think it may have been a parting gift when he broke up with her - gave her a job to placate her and keep her quiet and happy.

I just got around to watching the Nancy Grace report on this case, which aired last night. God is she awful! She actually had Garcia's lawyer on. But instead of taking a good chunk of time to ask him question after follow-up question and get some real answers -- in other words, putting her famed cross-examination skills to use -- she spent only a minute or two with him. Instead, she wasted most of the segment chatting with a motley crew of talk-show hosts, psychologists, doctors, cell phone experts, and attorneys with no connection to the case, adding nothing to our understanding of it. What a wasted opportunity to pin Garcia's lawyer down on what his client was really up to on that drive with his buddy Rivera.

A lot of lawyer-types in here these days. So what does it mean when someone is clearly implicated in a murder but the police have never talked to them? I mean, they even talked to Garcia.
Does it mean they have them nailed and there's no point? Or is that too optimistic?
I'm sure if LE asked for an interview, he would have consulted with an attorney and been told not to talk to them. So that statement could be just attorney double-speak.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm sure they asked to speak with him and he declined, saying to talk to his attorney - or his attorney declined for him.

And agreed that KM working at the dental office is very telling.
DA would have access to her, though my guess is CA was still heavily involved - how else would DA know the girl had a Latin King for her children's father? I think it may have been a parting gift when he broke up with her - gave her a job to placate her and keep her quiet and happy.

Also possibly telling that LE didn't release or leak the fact that KM worked there. Maybe LE didn't want that info to get out for some reason. In context it sounds like maybe that detail came from CA's lawyer. Or, it only reached the Democrat through a more recent leak from LE about it. I guess it's also possible that the Democrat has been sitting on that for a while but it seems like the kind of thing that they would have understood to be an important detail worth highlighting.

Hi everyone.

I'm joining this group now after reading it with a lot of interest for the past few days. By way of introduction, my husband went to law school with Dan. I'm a lawyer, but not a litigator. I never met Dan, but have followed this case with interest and sadness because I know a number of people connected to him.

I think it's very interesting that Katherine worked at the dental office. What if she didn't really "work" there, but instead they set her up as an employee on their books and then were able to make salary and bonus payments to her that she could then pass on to the parties who committed the murder? It's a perfect way to hide the payment. Just my opinion. It's also really interesting to me that CA's lawyer raised this point in his comment -- it almost seems to be an effort to neutralize it so that it doesn't come out in a more salacious manner later on. In fact, many of his comments felt that way to me.
I also agree with a prior commenter's point that the lawyer wordsmithed the statement that CA hasn't been interviewed.

LE definitely would have asked to speak to CA. LE is only revealing what they need to and what they think will help close this case. Would be interesting to know when KM's first paycheck was -- immediately after the murder?

Hi everyone.

I'm joining this group now after reading it with a lot of interest for the past few days. By way of introduction, my husband went to law school with Dan. I'm a lawyer, but not a litigator. I never met Dan, but have followed this case with interest and sadness because I know a number of people connected to him.

I think it's very interesting that Katherine worked at the dental office. What if she didn't really "work" there, but instead they set her up as an employee on their books and then were able to make salary and bonus payments to her that she could then pass on to the parties who committed the murder? It's a perfect way to hide the payment. Just my opinion. It's also really interesting to me that CA's lawyer raised this point in his comment -- it almost seems to be an effort to neutralize it so that it doesn't come out in a more salacious manner later on. In fact, many of his comments felt that way to me.
I also agree with a prior commenter's point that the lawyer wordsmithed the statement that CA hasn't been interviewed.

Welcome lulu! Glad you joined us! Totally agree that KM could have been a phantom employee.....how convenient!

Ten days later per the case report and a month after that DM switched lawyers for a second time. WA went through two lawyers, DM three.

That motion should've been no more than a few matter-of-fact pages, compelling her to disclose her retirement and brokerage accounts. The rest is legal venom, within the letter of the law but not the spirit. Sadly neither showed respect for the judicial process, they used and abused it. Maybe it was her sense of entitlement but given the timing, that she filed and caught him off guard, they were not emotionally on the same page. He hadn't come to grips with his emotions and allowed them to drive his legal actions.

Just to be clear: He did NOT deserve to die, he did not deserve to be the victim of any violence.
As a practicing attorney for almost 25 years, I was rolling my eyes by page 3, thinking nobody writes like that after first year of law school, by page 6 I was thinking how sorry I felt for the judge. What a nightmare case.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Was this a typo, or did i miss something big, like SG pleading guilty??

http://www.wjhg.com/content/news/FSU-Law-Professors-hit-man-in-court-385039521.html
Thu 5:41 PM, Jun 30, 2016

Luis Rivera appeared via video screen in a red and white jumpsuit for his first appearance in Leon County court. The hearing lasted less than 10 minutes. Rivera was transferred and booked into Leon County Jail Tuesday night.

The other suspect in the case, Sigfredo Garcia, has already pleaded guilty.
rbbm.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/2nd...tml?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_wctv
rbbm
Updated: Wed 7:08 PM, Jun 29, 2016
"You know, the irony is Professor Markel of all people would say they are presumed innocent," said Markel's neighbor, Reggie Garcia.

Garcia - a lawyer who spoke to Markel's law school class more than once - says he's glad to see the case moving forward.

"I think there will be a competition among the defendants to see who's going to be the first witness, especially to avoid the death penalty and I think both defendants will be under pressure - if in fact they were hired by others - to identify who those other people are," Garcia said.

"I think as soon as one or both of these defendants credibly identify others, which hopefully happens, that it will move pretty fast," he said.

Arrest papers say the motive for Markel's murder was a custody battle and those same papers link Garcia to the the family of Markel's ex-wife.

No one else has been named a suspect, but police do expect more arrests.
"The grand jury has made themselves available to meet in August in the event that I have additional information that I want to present to them," prosecutor Georgia Cappleman said.

Cappleman said that has not been decided yet, but there is a tentative date of August 4th.

So DA and/or CA pay KM who funnels the money to Garcia.
But Garcia has to spend it. And he's supposed to be paying KM child support, not receiving money from her. With some fancy forensic accounting, maybe they can track the money.

But one thing we haven't discussed here: Drugs. Sigfredo had cocaine on him when arrested, and a history of drug arrests.
And on the first trip in June, they drove from 3am-noon, which sounds like cocaine to me.
A lot of the mistakes they made might be attributed to drugs. A lot of ideas seem like they are very clever when you're on cocaine.
But if Garcia had a coke habit and spent the money on drugs rather than at Wal-Mart, might be hard to prove he received the money.

But if you think of these two guys as coked up gang-bangers who aren't working with a lot of brainpower, the trail they left makes sense.
The people who hired them, their actions are astonishingly stupid no matter how you think of it.

It was a typo (a missing "not"). Garcia did not plead guilty. He pled not guilty 6/24 and has not changed his plea.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 202
But if you think of these two guys as coked up gang-bangers who aren't working with a lot of brainpower, the trail they left makes sense.
The people who hired them, their actions are astonishingly stupid no matter how you think of it.

True. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they were hitting the ski slopes all the way through both tally trips. In fact it would explain some things. And agreed, those who hired them are truly unbelievably dumb.

Also wouldn't be surprised if CA was abusing his prescription power as a dentist and was hooked on something. How on earth did he meet KM? Not on the golf course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee