GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The romance angle between KM and CA is implausible to me. Why would CA hook up with the "ex girlfriend" of a known gang member and who also has 2 very young children? I can't imagine anything more off-putting than that to a high rolling, free and wheeling bachelor. And when would she have had time to pal around the city with CA sans children?
It may seem "implausible" but we know that it's true, LE listed her as CA's ex-girlfriend in the diagram in court documents and his spokesperson Weinstein said they dated. CA seems to have a type, his current gf looks a lot like KM, so maybe he didn't care who her ex-boyfriend was.

So maybe Garcia didn't know the connection between KM and CA and ultimately to DM.
It's hard to imagine that Garcia murders Daniel Markel without knowing he's connected to CA or the A's in general. They don't discuss it, KM is just running a murder-for-hire business?

It may seem "implausible" but we know that it's true, LE listed her as CA's ex-girlfriend in the diagram in court documents and his spokesperson Weinstein said they dated. CA seems to have a type, his current gf looks a lot like KM, so maybe he didn't care who her ex-boyfriend was.

It's hard to imagine that Garcia murders Daniel Markel without knowing he's connected to CA or the A's in general. They don't discuss it, KM is just running a murder-for-hire business?
Maybe that's why they called it "Garcia's Solutions"?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Wondering if there was family pressure on CA to make this happen. Was he dependent on the family dental practice for his livelihood? JMO.

Wondering if there was family pressure on CA to make this happen. Was he dependent on the family dental practice for his livelihood? JMO.

Idk. But in some cultures or households; The son is forced to step up and protect things or make things right.

But I don't think that papa Adelson really wanted things handled this way.

Everyone having fun back at work today?

Tuesday's Shower-Thought: Does anyone else think the NBC Dateline writers have been stealthily monitoring this thread, taking notes? :giggle:

I'd add that while Daniel's rhetoric is over the top, if even 20% of what he is reporting on the part of WA is true, it would be infuriating. Read the documents. Assuming it's true, it would be very frustrating.
I don't see legal documents from WA that are over the top, but her behavior as reported by Daniel is totally ridiculous. Seems like she didn't even try to meet him halfway.
Of course I don't know what actually happened.
But given that someone was paid to shoot him in the head, his accusations of erratic and irresponsible behavior should be fully considered.
He has been critiqued for accusing her of mental illness- but he's the one who was killed by a hitman. So these accusations should be fully considered, especially given the nature of the crime.
I have received about 20 other boring documents that aren't worth posting- the bottom line seems to be that he was infuriated with her behavior, and that he died from being shot by a hired killer.
Make of that what you will. And consider what people would think, or conclude, if SHE died at the hands of a hitman...

I'm a little late here and getting caught up from the weekend. Just wanted to say this is a really great view on the matter; and, I really respect your hard work and input to this case and thread on WS!

Sort-of off topic: I was in South Florida for the holiday. I was checking out my old neighborhood and realized I grew up right down the street from CA's dental office; so I rode by just for fun. Pretty crummy area these days...hehe :rolleyes:

Tuesday's Shower-Thought: Does anyone else think the NBC Dateline writers have been stealthily monitoring this thread, taking notes? :giggle:

Dateline arrived in town recently and have been been interviewing people close to the case.
They probably don't need to read any of this, they are probably talking to the very same people who are invested enough to be tracking the facts of this case closely and posting here!

They're in town and have been doing interviews.
They probably don't need to read any of this, they are probably talking to the very same people who are invested enough to be posting here or tracking details of this case closely!

For reals? They're in town?! Wow! I can't wait until someone talks and this thing blows wide open :)

long time lurker. Ive been reading the cell phone evidence. interesting how it is worded at some times, especially the 2ND trip. i think the cops know more than they are saying.

long time lurker. Ive been reading the cell phone evidence. interesting how it is worded at some times, especially the 2ND trip. i think the cops know more than they are saying.

:welcome4:

Welcome MiamiTransplant.....glad to have you here!

Luis Rivera will get a private attorney paid for by the State due to a conflict of interest.

The reason is confidential. Rivera's case then went to the Criminal Conflict and Civil Counsel Office but they filed a motion Tuesday, saying they also have a conflict with the case, because the state is seeking the death penalty.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/state-must...cle_29df16e4-43ad-11e6-9328-f7348b3c79e1.html

Wonder what the conflict is. Is it safe to assume that the public defender's office is representing someone else who's a person of interest or suspect in the case? Katherine Magbanua? The mystery Tallahassee witness? Someone else? Can the pd's office represent someone who hasn't yet been formally charged? Also, who's paying Garcia's lawyer?

Also, who's paying Garcia's lawyer?

Lewis is the kind of slimy lawyer who seems like he would just take a case like this for free, just to be on TV.

Wonder what the conflict is. Is it safe to assume that the public defender's office is representing someone else who's a person of interest or suspect in the case? Katherine Magbanua? The mystery Tallahassee witness?

Both Markel and WA were lawyers in Tallahassee. Probably has something to do with that, if you Google around, you find connections. The court filing just states that the Florida Bar says there is a conflict in this case- no further explanation given.

Lewis just filed a notice of discovery and a substitution of counsel. Looks like maybe an actual defense is coming. But probably not from Lewis- probably a new bond hearing is coming with a new attorney?

Luis Rivera will get a private attorney paid for by the State due to a conflict of interest.

The reason is confidential. Rivera's case then went to the Criminal Conflict and Civil Counsel Office but they filed a motion Tuesday, saying they also have a conflict with the case, because the state is seeking the death penalty.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/state-must...cle_29df16e4-43ad-11e6-9328-f7348b3c79e1.html

What a mess. Why do we think Garcia's bond hearing continuation is taking so long now? Did I miss something or is this still in process? Wonder if he is considering talking to take a plea now. However, having had a look at his lawyer and his record -- I'm betting the lawyer wants to make a circus of this so that he (the lawyer) gets as much publicity as possible.

maybe it was a woman, maybe one of the perps romanced her and talked her into renting a room.

It said that this unidentified witness met with the perps a month in advance of the killing.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I can. even if he was abusive, she was out of the situation. so no self defense. and parents shouldn't be allowed to up and move and take their kids from the other parent for no reason other than their own personal choice.

We don't know the dynamics of their marriage so I can't judge her actions.

some women act like women scorned for no reason. my husband's ex wife was cheating on him for years on and off and he finally left her, she was woman scorned and used the kids as her weapons.

In all fairness, men who've been the cheaters/abusers can also act like they are the ones scorned. Simply put, whoever is the one whose ugly insides were exposed will be angry at the other one for having exposed their ugly insides. I unfortunately speak from experience.

I haven't the slightest idea what the situation was that led to their divorce, but I do know that divorce brings out the UGLY big time. (Mine included).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper