GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

Does anyone know where WA lived in Tallahassee? Is it a usual route for her to drive down her ex-street to go to a liquor store? That whole thing seemed odd to me. Trying to drive past, crime scene tape, "downed tree" etc.

Welcome to Ws Miss Elizabeth!
That very scenario was just running through my head when i had a creeping ( and wrongful ) thought about it.
speculation.

Why did WA cooperate with LE on the afternoon of the murder?
I think she was in a psychological perspective of auto-pilot behavior.
I would like to know what happened prior to WA arriving at the police station and entering that interview room.
I think LE told WA something so worrisome that WA’s Lawyer Hat wasn’t even nearby. I think WA didn’t ‘think’. She simply reacted.

When she breaks down, the detective says something like, "Now do you see I wanted to come here before I could tell you what happened?" It sounds as if she initially balked about going to the station and they used the promise of more information to get her in. Similarly, when she asks what happened, he says he can tell her after she explains where she was that morning.

I think it's possible a tv repairman really was at her house that morning. She may have been so nervous that she started joking with him and told him about her divorce and her brother's "jokes" about buying a tv rather than hiring a hit man. When she's questioned that day she may be afraid to not tell LE about it because if LE finds out about that conversation from the repairman -- rather from her -- then they will be really suspicious of both her and her brother. Total speculation I know...

Welcome to Ws Miss Elizabeth!
That very scenario was just running through my head when i had the creeping ( and wrongful ) thought, was W an eye witness ?
speculation.
There is an ABC Liquor store on Thomasville Road near Trescott.
Tried to copy the map but was unsuccessful. Depending on where she was coming from would dictate which way she would go. But there are plenty of ways to get there.

But...arriving only an hour after
the hit happened (noon she said)
where there was crime scene tape blocking the way and probably every police car in Tallahassee swarming the area?!
"Oh, a tree must have come down."

Really?!!!

She was there checking to see if "it" had happened.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Can someone explain the timeframe for me please? I was catching up and after reading that WA went past Dan's house the day of the shooting when crime tape was up, I was so shocked that I speed read to get to the end.

IIRC, she was having lunch with the girls, LE called and asked her to come down to the station. While she was in the interview room, a friend called her to tell her something was going on at Dan's house. When the detective comes back in the room, she asks him, he tells her, and says that is why he wanted her to come into the station to talk. Right?

So WHEN did she have an opportunity to drive by Dan's house? Was it as she was driving to the police station? Is his house on the route to the police station? How did she sit in the interview room if she had driven by Dan's house before going to the station, and NOT be bursting with curiosity as to what was going on at his house?

These two factors, as I am understanding them, point to her knowledge prior to it happening.

Another strange thing, why did she not freak out seeing the police at Dan's house when the boys were in his care? Yes, they were suppose to be at daycare, but how was she sure there was not a change of plans, one of the boys got up sick, etc? Perhaps, Dan had car trouble, was running late, and kept the boys home for the morning session. What kept her so snuggly in her car? I guess they could have texted or chatted that morning, but why drive by the house?

To me, WA driving by, screams problems! I think another kink has just been opened up.

My opinions only.

My apologies if someone has already noted this, but I'd like to know how recently she'd been speaking to the school of arts and sciences about placing the children there. That undermines the theory that she knew in advance.

Also, I wish TPD's time stamp wasn't right on her face.

Greetings,

Does anyone know where WA lived in Tallahassee? Is it a usual route for her to drive down her ex-street to go to a liquor store? That whole thing seemed odd to me. Trying to drive past, crime scene tape, "downed tree" etc.
Don’t know where WA was living at that time.
There is an ABC Liquor store at 1930 Thomasville Road near the Betton Road intersection. Trescott Drive could have been blocked off with tape where it ends at Betton Road.
Giving WA some benefit of doubt…. There are a lot of older trees in that neighborhood. And, Leon County official records reflect contractor work at the Trescott Drive home in 2015 to “Repair roof and interior damage from tree falling“
No indication or knowledge of ‘when’ the tree fell, but it could have been minor damage from several years prior. It appears the repair work was done in conjunction with house sale December 2015.
The road could have been 'taped off' when their tree fell previously, so that is WA's frame of reference.

Can someone explain the timeframe for me please? I was catching up and after reading that WA went past Dan's house the day of the shooting when crime tape was up, I was so shocked that I speed read to get to the end.

IIRC, she was having lunch with the girls, LE called and asked her to come down to the station. While she was in the interview room, a friend called her to tell her something was going on at Dan's house. When the detective comes back in the room, she asks him, he tells her, and says that is why he wanted her to come into the station to talk. Right?

So WHEN did she have an opportunity to drive by Dan's house? Was it as she was driving to the police station? Is his house on the route to the police station? How did she sit in the interview room if she had driven by Dan's house before going to the station, and NOT be bursting with curiosity as to what was going on at his house?

These two factors, as I am understanding them, point to her knowledge prior to it happening.

Another strange thing, why did she not freak out seeing the police at Dan's house when the boys were in his care? Yes, they were suppose to be at daycare, but how was she sure there was not a change of plans, one of the boys got up sick, etc? Perhaps, Dan had car trouble, was running late, and kept the boys home for the morning session. What kept her so snuggly in her car? I guess they could have texted or chatted that morning, but why drive by the house?

To me, WA driving by, screams problems! I think another kink has just been opened up.

My opinions only.
The following is the article basically explaining WA'S day.

To get the full flavor, I recommend reading the comments here beginning
about a day ago.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/08/26/wendi-adelson-brother-joked-hiring-hitman/89437110/

Thanks dotr.

Was she accustomed to driving past just to see what's going on there? Was the liquor store on her way or did she detour to drive past? I found this address listed for WA in 2013 and 2014: 3303 Aqua Ridge Way . I think there were more direct routes to the liquor store? Probably a closer liquor store? It's a 15 minute drive to Trescott from this address. Map posted above. Speculation.

Thanks dotr.

Was she accustomed to driving past just to see what's going on there? Was the liquor store on her way or did she detour to drive past? I found this address listed for WA in 2013 and 2014: 3303 Aqua Ridge Way . I think there were more direct routes to the liquor store? Probably a closer liquor store? It's a 15 minute drive to Trescott from this address. Map posted above. Speculation.
Good find Miss Elizabeth.

Seems like a very long way to go to buy a bottle of rye.

Good find Miss Elizabeth.

Seems like a very long way to go to buy a bottle of rye.

I live near Tallahassee. Centerville Road (which WA's address is directly off of) is a main artery to reach Thomasville Road where the ABC Liquor store is located. Depending on where she joined girlfriends for lunch, it would not be entirely odd to choose that store to stop by. There are many restaurants located on Thomasville Rd in what is known as the trendy "Midtown" area. JMO.

Wunderground.com records historical weather. In Tallahassee there was no precipitation on July 17 or 18, 2014, the wind was 3.5 -11.5 mph. Wind gusts of 19.6 mph were recorded at 12:53 pm on the 17th.
On July 16, 2014 there was a thunderstorm from 2:53 to 4:29 pm. During that thunderstorm at 3:08 pm, wind gusts of 17.3 mph were recorded

"According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's new Enhanced F Scale, softwood trees uproot in winds ranging from 73 to 112 mph, which translates to an F-0 to F-1 storm. Higher winds in the F-3 and above categories tend to snap trunks or strip the bark off the entire tree."
The article goes on to say, "Very sandy soil lets go more easily than substantial loam". But even if Tallahassee has really sandy soil, some wind would still be needed to topple a tree large enough to cause LE to rope off a street.

I have never been to Tallahassee. Do trees just randomly fall over there?

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...name=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=&MR=1

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/strong-wind-uproot-large-tree-104081.html

I'm a former Tallahassee resident. Looks like she lived out Centerville - it would not have been weird at all for her to go to that liquor store as she was heading into town. Cutting through, Trescott Road, however, was a little bit of a back road approach, a chosen cut-through. Not out of the way, so it could be considered normal. But it leaves you scratching your head - why drive by your ex's house if you don't have to? Kind of awkward if he happens to be out getting the mail, right?

My speculative narrative - she knew it was going down that day. Couldn't control her curiosity so she cut on to Trescott. Saw the tape up and thought &$*@ it really happened - went through a little bit of a panic knowing she'd need to talk to the police that day. Swung in to buy a bottle of whiskey to take a couple swigs before she met her girlfriends for lunch.

I'm a former Tallahassee resident. Looks like she lived out Centerville - it would not have been weird at all for her to go to that liquor store as she was heading into town. Cutting through, Trescott Road, however, was a little bit of a back road approach, a chosen cut-through. Not out of the way, so it could be considered normal. But it leaves you scratching your head - why drive by your ex's house if you don't have to? Kind of awkward if he happens to be out getting the mail, right?

My speculative narrative - she knew it was going down that day. Couldn't control her curiosity so she cut on to Trescott. Saw the tape up and thought &$*@ it really happened - went through a little bit of a panic knowing she'd need to talk to the police that day. Swung in to buy a bottle of whiskey to take a couple swigs before she met her girlfriends for lunch.

Would love to hear from some of the girlfriends she had lunch with that day.....

My apologies if someone has already noted this, but I'd like to know how recently she'd been speaking to the school of arts and sciences about placing the children there. That undermines the theory that she knew in advance.

Not necessarily. I always thought she was hedging with that detail. Acting as if she is making plans that she knows she is unlikely to keep in order to place the doubt you have just raised. That's a smart tactic and her and she is smart.

Wunderground.com records historical weather. In Tallahassee there was no precipitation on July 17 or 18, 2014, the wind was 3.5 -11.5 mph. Wind gusts of 19.6 mph were recorded at 12:53 pm on the 17th.
On July 16, 2014 there was a thunderstorm from 2:53 to 4:29 pm. During that thunderstorm at 3:08 pm, wind gusts of 17.3 mph were recorded

"According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's new Enhanced F Scale, softwood trees uproot in winds ranging from 73 to 112 mph, which translates to an F-0 to F-1 storm. Higher winds in the F-3 and above categories tend to snap trunks or strip the bark off the entire tree."
The article goes on to say, "Very sandy soil lets go more easily than substantial loam". But even if Tallahassee has really sandy soil, some wind would still be needed to topple a tree large enough to cause LE to rope off a street.

I have never been to Tallahassee. Do trees just randomly fall over there?

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...name=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=&MR=1

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/strong-wind-uproot-large-tree-104081.html
There were lots of trees down from wind damage in or near Tally on June 8, 2014.
Many reports of fallen trees the week prior to Dan’s murder could have provided WA her frame of reference when she saw Trescott Drive taped off on July 18.
Some tree limbs get loose or broken from wind damage, but may not fall until days, weeks or months later.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tae/?n=LSRTAE_060914
PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...SUMMARY
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
1220 AM EDT MON JUN 09 2014

Confused again. Where was WA thinking of putting the kids?
The kids are too young for college. Is there a young kids' camp or school there? Would someone clarify this for me?
I believe this is important somehow but it's not making sense. Kind of like vomiting on her plate at dinner. ??????

The school of arts and science is a charter school in Tallahassee for children. http://www.schoolofartsandsciences.org/

The kids are too young for college. Is there a young kids' camp or school there? Would someone clarify this for me?
I believe this is important somehow but it's not making sense. Kind of like vomiting on her plate at dinner. ??????

The school referred to is a charter school on Thomasville with classes starting from Kindergarten up.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member