GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did WA cooperate and (apparently) without a lawyer present?

That's a key question. Either she was completely innocent and knew that she had nothing to hide, or she was especially confident in her ability to mislead LE and wanted to appear cooperative. Now after having seen this video I suspect that she did not know for sure that a plan had been formulated and put in motion, because I think it's unlikely that she would have cooperated otherwise. In other words, I don't think she would have cooperated if she had been told in clear and express terms by CA or DA that they had hired people who would be carrying out a murder on her behalf. I've had trouble believing that CA/DA would have planned something like this without WA's buy-in and express approval of the plan, but for me this video calls into question that idea, at least for now without more information.

But, it also appears possible/likely based on her comments in the video and in the Tallahassee Democrat story that CA and possibly other family members may have given her reason to believe that they might have been contemplating something like this, at least in a general sense. As others have mentioned, it's telling that her first reaction was to wonder if someone had done this to try to help her, or out of "anger" at Dan. Out of all the reasons that "shootings" occur in homes, targeted strikes carried out for the benefit of ex spouses would seem to be pretty far down on the list of possible reasons, following "home invasion/robbery," "suicide," and "accident" and probably several other categories. So it seems like a tell regarding her previous conversations with CA and maybe other A's that her first response was to wonder about what would seem to most people be a long shot reason for the "shooting" mentioned by the investigator. Also a tell that she expressed relief that DA seemed surprised. The question then just becomes exactly what did she know and when, which will probably be one of the hardest things to prove unless LE has struck it lucky with their investigation somehow. IMHO, just speculating as always.

Could this situation be loosely equated with someone, a little spoiled, who expresses a desire for an expensive and rare gift, but adds that it is just a joke and fantasy?
In time, the surprise "tiger" jumps out of a box, the receiver is shocked and delighted, but soon realizes that not only does the beast have a voracious appetite, makes a huge mess, and is extremely dangerous.
imo, speculation.

Why did WA cooperate and (apparently) without a lawyer present?
Because to ask for a lawyer, would have made her look guilty.

IMO, in her reverse, forward & all around psychology, and trying to be the smartest person in the room, her tongue got away from her.

I believe she was at lunch with friends. Maybe drinking whiskey and ryes. If she'd had a few of those.....who knows? Loose lips and all.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Since the police could hear DA"S replies to her daughter while on her phone, could that be used as evidence against DA? I feel quite sure she told her mother she was calling from the police station. I'd love to hear that conversation.

Argument for Wendi Adelson, the ex-wife of slain Florida State University law professor Dan Markel, did not have advance knowledge of, or any role in planning, Dan’s murder.

We need statement analysis on what she said..

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/08/the-dan-markel-case-video-of-wendi-adelson-reacting-to-his-death-charlie-adelson-joking-about-hiring-a-hitman/
Re AboveTheLaw article.
http://abovethelaw.com/2016/08/the-...ie-adelson-joking-about-hiring-a-hitman/?rf=1

I agree with all of the points in the article supporting the view that WA had no role in the murder of her ex-husband.

There is another significant aspect that leads me to believe WA is innocent. I don’t think WA would agree to Dan being murdered on a day when their two children were in his care. If WA was part of the plot, she would have insisted that the murder occur at a time when she had the children safely in her care.

Sure, Dan dropped his sons at preschool. But what if one of the sons felt ill upon arriving at the preschool? Dan could have decided to bring that son, or both boys, back home with him. Dan would have skipped the gym and driven into his garage not alone. SG and LR would have followed Dan to the house, and I’m not so sure they would care if a young boy was in the passenger seat or the back seat of the car when making the choice to fire a gun at Dan’s head.

Too risky for protective mother WA.

Why did LE release WA' interview? Were they trying to show us she is/isn't complicit, or, are the trying to cause division in the A' camp?

Re AboveTheLaw article.
http://abovethelaw.com/2016/08/the-...ie-adelson-joking-about-hiring-a-hitman/?rf=1

I agree with all of the points in the article supporting the view that WA had no role in the murder of her ex-husband.

There is another significant aspect that leads me to believe WA is innocent. I don’t think WA would agree to Dan being murdered on a day when their two children were in his care. If WA was part of the plot, she would have insisted that the murder occur at a time when she had the children safely in her care.

Sure, Dan dropped his sons at preschool. But what if one of the sons felt ill upon arriving at the preschool? Dan could have decided to bring that son, or both boys, back home with him. Dan would have skipped the gym and driven into his garage not alone. SG and LR would have followed Dan to the house, and I’m not so sure they would care if a young boy was in the passenger seat or the back seat of the car when making the choice to fire a gun at Dan’s head.

Too risky for protective mother WA.
I understand your points. But I suspect it is difficult to reschedule a hit. After all, these hitmen were foiled once before. WA apparently spoke with her bro earlier. That would have been the time to make sure both boys were in school. And I'm quite sure both hitmen were warned not to shoot if there were kids in the car.

Video of the perp's following Dan from the time he went into the workout place alone to the time he came out and got into his car alone, to the time he drove into his driveway alone, this was the time to do it.

I understand your points. But I suspect it is difficult to reschedule a hit. After all, these hitmen were foiled once before. WA apparently spoke with her bro earlier. That would have been the time to make sure both boys were in school. And I'm quite sure both hitmen were warned not to shoot if there were kids in the car.

Video of the perp's following Dan from the time he went into the workout place alone to the time he came out and got into his car alone, to the time he drove into his driveway alone, this was the time to do it.

Agreed..someone knew the boys were dropped off at preschool and Dan was on his way home..alone.

WA is the only one who would know her boys and Dan's schedule. ..when does preschool start?..did the boys dropped off?
WA (the boys mom) is the only family member who would know this or could get this information.

2014 July 18 - between 9 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. - Markel drops off his two sons at Creative Preschool on Tharpe Street near Mission Road.
About 11 a.m. - Markel is shot in the garage of his Betton Hills home

After seeing the tearful reaction to news that DM was shot and likely to die, wondering why, considering that WA admitted in the podcast, her usual response to bad news is to smile?
Did WA originally smile at the news about DM, perhaps compelling her to explain a response in the podcast anecdote?
Or, was she shocked into upside down world by DM's murder? (" A frown is just an upside down smile " and vice versa)
speculation, imo.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/the-murder-of-dan-markel-wendi-adelson-speaks-part-3/
"I think this face is a kind of mask that I wear out of a life of endless practice, like a kind of muscle memory for the face. I can even remember one time learning that a friend’s father had died, and upon hearing the news, I smiled. It was a bizarre reaction since I loved my friend and her dad very much. We were 13 and I remember him making pancakes for us many a Sunday morning after a few of us had slept over. More than 20 years later, I still feel like a freak show thinking back on
that moment".

It’s interesting to see Wendi acknowledge how she sometimes has odd or arguably inappropriate reactions to things. Is she trying to defend herself, consciously or unconsciously, against her critics in this case?

Agreed..someone knew the boys were dropped off at preschool and Dan was on his way home..alone.

WA is the only one who would know her boys and Dan's schedule. ..when does preschool start?..did the boys dropped off?
WA (the boys mom) is the only family member who would know this or could get this information.

2014 July 18 - between 9 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. - Markel drops off his two sons at Creative Preschool on Tharpe Street near Mission Road.
About 11 a.m. - Markel is shot in the garage of his Betton Hills home

I'd like to know if WA called preschool that morning to ask a question that would tell her that the boys were there for sure......

I'd like to know if WA called preschool that morning to ask a question that would tell her that the boys were there for sure......

Good point, also curious if WA knew DM was verifying information about her plans for the children.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/08/more-disturbing-details-about-the-dan-markel-murder-case/
The just released reports also detail the phone conversation interrupted when Markel was killed.

Markel was asking a School of Arts and Sciences teacher about Wendi Adelson seeking to enroll their two young children without his knowledge.

Why, after this police interview with WA, was CA not also questioned?

Do we actually know that CA and the other members of the A family weren't questioned? Shortly after Garcia's arrest, the Democrat noted that "The probable cause report does not say whether family members have been questioned." And: "When asked if he knew [the A family's] whereabouts, [Chief of Police Michael] DeLeo replied with a smirk: “We aren’t on speaking terms.”

To me, this suggests that the cops at least tried to speak with the As, and doesn't preclude that they did at some point before they stopped cooperating, which I'm sure was their attorneys' advice.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...s-connect-markel-family-murder-plot/85286088/

Good point, also curious if WA knew DM was verifying information about her plans for the children.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/08/more-disturbing-details-about-the-dan-markel-murder-case/
Rereading the above article brings up new questions.

1). Why was Dan speaking with an A&S professor about WA's plan for enrolling their children, where? Was this prof (male according to article) a friend of WA's? And a friend of Dan's?
He certainly didn't trust his ex.

2). I thought WA'S boyfriend, Lacasse, was at the dinner with her and CA when she vomited on her plate. The article says several people told him. What?? Am I misreading this?

From CatLucy's link.
Published on Aug 26, 2016
In a newly released video of Wendi Adelson's interview with police, she finds out her former husband was shot and killed.

[video=youtube;JE_ZPziCyOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_ZPziCyOY[/video]

At the 01:58 mark, she says, "Danny didn't treat me very well. I was so scared that, that, maybe someone did this. Not because they hate Danny. Because they thought [shakes head to indicate no] this was good somehow."

When exactly did she become scared that someone did this to her Ex? I would have wanted someone there to comfort me like my mom or daughter but the Det. just keeps grilling her. And wish we could see more of it.

I remember being totally shocked and grieved by Dan Markel's death. I'm glad those first rumors were snuffed out. Cowardly hired hits on unsuspecting victims always rises my blood pressure. Dr. Theresa Sievers, FL, comes to mind. Another is Dr. MacNeill, of Utah, who drowned his beautiful wife in the bathtub for his 5yo daughter to find while having an affair with the Nanny named Gypsy.

WA knew even if she didn't know exactly how, who, where or when. Right?

Rereading the above article brings up new questions.

1). Why was Dan speaking with an A&S professor about WA's plan for enrolling their children, where? Was this prof (male according to article) a friend of WA's? And a friend of Dan's?
He certainly didn't trust his ex.

2). I thought WA'S boyfriend, Lacasse, was at the dinner with her and CA when she vomited on her plate. The article says several people told him. What?? Am I misreading this?

Rbbm.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...s-reveal-early-markel-investigation/87680046/
Lacasse said Wendi and others had told him that three weeks after Markel was killed, her brother Charlie Adelson contacted her and asked her to go out and celebrate.

That dinner was memorable. Wendi Adelson vomited on the table. Lacasse found that highly suspicious.
“He believed that Wendi Adelson may be indirectly responsible for the murder of her ex-husband, Daniel Markel," the Dec. 4, 2014 TPD report says. “When I informed him that Wendi was not a suspect, he stated ‘well she should be.’”
Within hours of Markel's death, investigators had begun to look at his ex-wife.

Three days after Markel was killed, a judge signed a search warrant for information on Wendi Adelson’s phone and investigators began searching her Web browser and email records.

Geez. I'm blocked again. WA told Lacasse and others about a celebratory dinner she went to with CA 3 weeks after the murder? (that CA invited her to) So when did she vomit dinner? Was it at dinner with her brother? (in Miami?) And why would she tell anyone she threw up her dinner on her plate? That's a rather unpleasant visual. And why was that so telling to Lecasse? And what did she say the reason was?

Sorry. I'm just not understanding that whole paragraph and I've read it now many times.

I still think Rivera is in protective custody because of a potential plea deal/state witness opportunity, despite that his attorney is apparently going forward with depositions. I can't even find his profile on Vinelink or the Florida Department of Corrections website anymore. Why would they take him off?

I'm divorced and my ex and I do not get along at all. We have never fought about custody, but we've fought about plenty of other things, and quite honestly, I doubt either one of us would miss the other if we died. With that said, knowing how contentious things get, and knowing they did NOT have a pleasant divorce, and "Danny treated her badly..."....I find her, "oh my god!!" squeal completely disingenuous. I know I'm not her and she is not me, but that is not at all the reaction I would have. It sounded SOOOO fake to me. Like a very bad actress. Just my opinion, but I think:

A. She knew all along.
B. She knew she'd be called in and didn't want to ask for a lawyer right away because they would really raise suspicion
C. She panicked and didn't do nearly as well in questioning as she'd rehearsed/thought she'd do.

Greetings,

Does anyone know where WA lived in Tallahassee? Is it a usual route for her to drive down her ex-street to go to a liquor store? That whole thing seemed odd to me. Trying to drive past, crime scene tape, "downed tree" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter