GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gun..
rbbm
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...s-police-make-case-magbanuas-arrest/91438016/

Police suspect a South Florida love triangle provided the guns and money to kill Florida State law professor Dan Markel.
Magbanua talked to Garcia and Charlie Adelson several times that night. At one point, Magbanua also called Harvey Adelson, a call which also went voicemail, and then called Rivera a minute later. The calls ended shortly before 1 a.m. with an 11-minute conversation between Charlie Adelson and his father.

Court documents say three days before the murder, the 2008 Toyota Prius investigators say was rented by Rivera to make the trip to Tallahassee to kill Markel, was in the area of Magbanua's condo in North Bay Village, a small island between Miami and Miami Beach. Garcia and Rivera's cell phones were tracked to the same area at the same time.

"This evidence shows that shortly after renting the Toyota Prius, both Garcia and Rivera met with Magbanua the night before departing for Tallahassee to commit the murder," investigators wrote.
Magbanua asks Garcia to track down who the man might be. They begin to argue after Garcia said he wouldn't make the call. Three days later, Magbanua packs up some of her belongings in her car and leaves in the middle of the day with a gun in a tote.

ETA, Wonder if KM was offered the same Range Rover as the one now driven by CA's present g.f.? imo, speculation.

Charlie Adelson also offered to sell Magbanua his 18-foot bay boat. He later offered her his Range Rover, titled in Harvey Adelson's name.

Will we see additional arrests in the wake of Katherine Magbanua’s? The answer, I suspect, is largely up to her.
KM is likely safest where she is right now, imo, she will turn on everyone and not for sentimental love, just love of $$$, because ..... imo..
attachment.php

https://www.google.ca/search?q=hone...UICCgB&biw=1316&bih=635#imgrc=Be9rezWw5oO8pM:

Attachments

• honey-badger-shirt.gif
    honey-badger-shirt.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 203
maybe Mexico?
Well, if you check JU's FB, she and CA were right in the middle
of some city in Mexico, while on vacation. But maybe looking at other living options?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I'm guessing they know they're on 24/7 surveillance. Especially now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm guessing they know they're on 24/7 surveillance. Especially now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The surveillance of the A’s by LE has probably been nearly constant since at least April.
Maybe the brief September trip to Mexico was a ‘test’ by CA to find out if LE would intercept his exiting the U.S.

a 15 year old lexus.. smh. a friend of mine is divorcing her financially comfty but otherwise normal husband and socked it to him by buying a 2017 Mercedes. over divorce. this chick may have done murder and accepted a 15 year old lexus????

rbbm.
Maybe the A's would take in the " parentless" kids, the single mother might even supply those sunshines with a Lexus!

http://www.cp24.com/news/woman-charged-in-canadian-law-professor-s-killing-has-ties-to-his-ex-1.3098438
imo, speculation.

All this....death, devastation of lives, maybe even more deaths......and all because Dan did not set up a "shrine" to WA, read her book, or let her take his children, his money, possessions? Couldn't one of those 4 "brilliant" minds have come up with a better solution then a remarkably "stupid" hit on Dan? ooooops! Just my opinion...but what do I know......I am not as "brilliant " as they are!

Wow- after reading that probable cause affidavit all I can say is not only does KM have blood on her hands but she is also so so greedy! She needs a raise? Really, get a life. Her 2 children need a better mom and I'm sick over what happened to DM, who appeared to be such a wonderful dad. SMH
MOO MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Report: Rothstein Wired Millions, Sought Extradition Advice
Embattled lawyer sent money to Morocco, sought advice on extradition
Published at 10:37 AM EST on Nov 17, 2009 | Updated at 10:45 AM EST on Nov 17, 2009

With the Feds close on his tail and and his alleged Ponzi scheme unfolding, embattled attorney Scott Rothstein tried to get his ducks in a row. Not only did the Fort Lauderdale lawyer wire $18 million to Morocco, he was apparently exploring his options for fleeing to another country where he'd never be prosecuted, according to the Sun-Sentinel. Ten days before he flew to Morocco, he sent a mass e-mail to the other attorneys at the Rothstein Rosenfeldt Adler firm, seeking advice on a "client" who had committed a crime in the U.S. and fled to Israel and was trying to avoid extradition. "We have a client that was a United States citizen until about 6 months ago. He became a citizen of Israel and renounced his United States citizenship. He is likely to be charged with a multitude of crimes in the united states including fraud, money laundering and embezzlement," Rothstein wrote in the e-mail obtained by the Sun-Sentinel. Ten days later, Oct. 27, Rothstein was on a private plane heading for Morocco, and a lawyer representing investors allegedly bilked by Rothstein said he didn't go to North Africa empty handed. Bill Scherer, lawyer for the investors said he confirmed that Rothstein wired $18 million to Morocco. Whether it came back or not, I don't know," Scherer told the Sun-Sentinel. He said that over $200 million moved through Rothstein accounts in October alone.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...ns-Explored-Options-for-Fleeing-70277697.html

Uncle details Scott Rothstein's days in Morocco
October 4, 2012
By Jon Burstein, Sun Sentinel

In just hours, Scott Rothstein went from dining at Fort Lauderdale's finest restaurants to settling in for a meal at a McDonald's in North Africa. He was a man on the run, knowing his $1.4 billion Ponzi scheme was just days from imploding. He had come to Morocco well-prepared — wiring $16 million to a bank there in advance and flying in with a hefty amount of luggage, about 100 expensive watches and his beloved "Uncle Bill," William Boockvor. Boockvor wasn't quite sure what he was doing in Casablanca, but knew his nephew to be the impulsive type who would announce to his family that they were going to jump on a plane to eat at an Italian restaurant in New York.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...tein-s-ponzi-william-boockvor-scott-rothstein

Does anyone know when and where KM's next court appearance is? TIA.
KM is on hold for Leon County. Her next court appearance will probably be in Tally after she is transported from Broward County Jail to Leon County Jail. My guess is that she’ll be transported by the end of this week.

http://www.sheriff.org/apps/arrest/results.cfm?lname=magbanua&fname=k

MAGBANUA, KATHERINE DIANA

INMATE INFORMATION

Arrest Number: 551600763 Arrest Date: 10/01/2016
Race: A Sex: F DOB: 12/22/1984
Height: 503 Weight: 122 Hair: BRO Eyes: BRO
Arresting Agency: DAVIE

HOLDER INFORMATION
Holder Number: 1
Applied Date: 10/01/2016
Holder Desc.: LEON COUNTY HOLD

Wow, it sounds like KM was bleeding the Adelsons for all she could get. I wonder where her children are - I hope they are safe with people who love and care for them. It's not their fault that their parents are what they are.

Thoughts to ponder . . .

Will KM roll? I hope so. But I doubt she will, at least not yet. She’ll probably wait a month until LR’s trial verdict.

KM will be counting on Imran Hussain’s testimony to create reasonable doubt during LR’s trial.

If LR is acquitted, KM doesn’t roll.

If LR is acquitted, the state might not even file formal charges against KM.

If LR is convicted, KM will then surmise that SG will be convicted. SG could roll for a reduced sentence before KM rolls. But that’s doubtful because SG and KM probably already planned their ‘what if’ scenarios. They’d opt for SG’s incarceration over KM’s incarceration - - for her to be home with their children.

If LR and SG are convicted, KM, in exchange for her freedom, will then roll against the A’s. But KM won’t roll before the verdicts are rendered for LR and SG because she won’t want the blame for being a rat against SG and LR prior to their trials.

Rats suffer gang retaliation. I think KM will play this out for the next month or so.

Wow, it sounds like KM was bleeding the Adelsons for all she could get. I wonder where her children are - I hope they are safe with people who love and care for them. It's not their fault that their parents are what they are.

Agree. Charlie was nice enough to buy her baby daddy (Garcia/The Hitman) a Go Pro for his birthday.

But that greedy KM decides to tell Charlie that he should have given her baby daddy (Garcia/The Hitman) the Ferrari.

Now why in the hell would a dentist want to give your baby daddy a Ferrari?

Oh let me guess. Charlie hired him to kill Dan and KM felt like the Go Pro should have been a Ferrari because her kids need to go to school in style as well.

I wonder if KM was keeping money from García and felt guilty. Or did she know that Ferrari would have been hers as well.

But lets not forget. Charlie is telling a mother of 2 (whom his mother pays) that she should buy his boat.

Wth. Money all around?

I'll give your baby daddy the Ferrari if you buy my boat.

Okaaaaaay. Charlie couldn't have been involved. -Snarc-

"Just last month State Attorney Willie Meggs said there was not enough evidence to seek a warrant for Magbanua's arrest.
It's not clear what's changed. The only new additions to the arrest papers are blacked out.
"The State Attorney's Office, the FBI and the Tallahassee Police Department all worked together to get the probable cause approved by a judge,” TPD Spokesman David Northway said, “The active ongoing investigation does not allow us to discuss the details and exactly why the case is moving forward at this point."
Article with video--
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/New-Suspect-arrested-in-Dan-Markel-case-395541631.html

"Just last month State Attorney Willie Meggs said there was not enough evidence to seek a warrant for Magbanua's arrest.
It's not clear what's changed. The only new additions to the arrest papers are blacked out.
"The State Attorney's Office, the FBI and the Tallahassee Police Department all worked together to get the probable cause approved by a judge,” TPD Spokesman David Northway said, “The active ongoing investigation does not allow us to discuss the details and exactly why the case is moving forward at this point."
Article with video--
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/New-Suspect-arrested-in-Dan-Markel-case-395541631.html

Intriguing!
Pleased for the Markel family, that there is continued progress in this case.
rbbm.
"TPD is constantly striving to move forward in this case. We've said all along that we're going to work the case to the very very end. We're continuing to follow all of our leads, interview all of our witnesses and develop any new leads or witnesses that come in,” Officer Northway said. “So, if anyone has any new information about the case, we will track it down, we will work to the end to bring this case to an end for the Markel family, so they can grieve properly."

Even if KM does take a plea deal. She will not be sentenced until after she testifies against all that she implicates.

Now Garci and Luis is guilty even without her testimony. But Charlie and Donna is the ones that she could put away.

But if she lies one time; Then her deal is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321