GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Florida televise criminal (bond) hearings or criminal trials? TIA.

Almost a page of Magbanua's PC affidavit was redacted from the end. They obviously have more on her, and it's obviously important...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-arrested-2014-murder-florida-professor-dan-merkel/story?id=42505974
[…] Appearing in bond court in Fort Lauderdale early Sunday, Magbanua's attorney, Tara Kawass, said she had informed Tallahassee detectives investigating the Markel case that Magbanua would not be talking to them. […]

KM’s attorney:

Tara Namat Kawass
Law Offices of Kawass, P.A.
8724 SW 72nd St # 167
Miami, FL 33173-3512

The Florida Bar

https://www.floridabar.org/wps/port.../dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?flag=Y&mid=54494

Thank you. Maybe Kawass moved from the public defender's office to private practice. Kawass has been representing Magbanua for awhile -- she argued against the state's subpoena to obtain Magbanua's medical records. http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Pro...records-in-Markel-murder-case--390758422.html. I don't think Magbanua could get a public defender until she was actually arrested, but a Florida attorney would know the law on that better than me.

Thank you. Maybe Kawass moved from the public defender's office to private practice. Kawass has been representing Magbanua for awhile -- she argued against the state's subpoena to obtain Magbanua's medical records. http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Pro...records-in-Markel-murder-case--390758422.html. I don't think Magbanua could get a public defender until she was actually arrested, but a Florida attorney would know the law on that better than me.

I wonder who's paying the bills for all these lawyers? The $56,000+ KM allegedly received from the A's isn't going to go far when all 3 are facing M1. Would she have been prudent enough to negotiate for a bottomless defence fund, or was she only interested in funding her idea of a luxury lifestyle (2001 Lexus!)

I wonder who's paying the bills for all these lawyers? The $56,000+ KM allegedly received from the A's isn't going to go far when all 3 are facing M1. Would she have been prudent enough to negotiate for a bottomless defence fund, or was she only interested in funding her idea of a luxury lifestyle (2001 Lexus!)

Doubtful she has enough money to pay a private attorney for very long. But if a plea deal is negotiated quickly, maybe she'll have the money for it. I think Rivera and Garcia have public defenders. JMO.

Gosh, gee, what an enlightening read! No wonder TPD waited to arrest KM. They had so much information on her that they wanted to keep under the vest as long as possible.

From reading those 21 pages, I just do not see how CA and/or DA won't be the next to be arrested. It is so easy to see how complicit they were in Dan's murder.

It is awesome to see how much time and dedication the TPD has put into this investigation! They are one superior group of law enforcement. Thanks go to them for their hard work.

So does this mean Magbanua wont be driving an Escalade anytime soon? Her priorities certainly were not for her children.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Doubtful she has enough money to pay a private attorney for very long. But if a plea deal is negotiated quickly, maybe she'll have the money for it. I think Rivera and Garcia have public defenders. JMO.
Garcia has private attorney. Rivera has conflict attorney.

SG 7/13/2016 Docket entry:
PRIVATE ATTY ASSIGNED Private Attorney Added: 526721 - ZANGENEH SAAM

LR has CONFLICT FREE COUNSEL according to July motions and orders.
LR 7/14/2016 Docket entry:
CONFLICT ATTORNEY ASSIGNED Conflict Attorney Added: 37382 - COLLINS CHARLES

So does this mean Magbanua wont be driving an Escalade anytime soon? Her priorities certainly were not for her children.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Seems such a shame that everyone's "hard earned money and possessions" will go to legal and attorney fees. And even that won't keep them out of jail. Won't be long before they're all in the deficit column.

And poor CA. Once he became enslaved to KM he was/is never going to be free. Same w/ with mommy, daddy and little sis. There is always going to be someone who feels they deserve more.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Seems such a shame that everyone's "hard earned money and possessions" will go to legal and attorney fees. And even that won't keep them out of jail. Won't be long before they're all in the deficit column.

And poor CA. Once he became enslaved to KM he was/is never going to be free. Same w/ with mommy, daddy and little sis. There is always going to be someone who feels they deserve more.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

What lives the A's must be leading right now, huh? If they aren't feeling guilty (which I doubt they are), they must be feeling paranoid (could be arrested at any moment) and overwhelmed (at keeping their lies straight). And like you pointed out, indebted to some seriously awful people.

What lives the A's must be leading right now, huh? If they aren't feeling guilty (which I doubt they are), they must be feeling paranoid (could be arrested at any moment) and overwhelmed (at keeping their lies straight). And like you pointed out, indebted to some seriously awful people.

Assuming they ordered the hit, I wonder why the murder was done the way it was done? The focus was on the Adelsons from day 1. Would they have wanted to live the rest of their lives under a cloud of suspicion? Why wouldn't they have had Garcia and Rivera burglarize the house to make it look like a home invasion gone wrong? Or kidnap Markel and murder him and a prostitute in a bad part of town with drugs on the scene? But the "clean" hit instantly drew suspicion to the Adelsons, even before the arrests of Garcia and Rivera a few months ago.

My other question is did Magbanua ever really work at the Adelson dental practice? Page 10 of the probable cause affidavit states "Cellular location records do not show Magbanua going to the Adelson Institute . . ." The affidavit also states "Investigation indicates that prior to the homicide, Magbanua was employed at a Miami area dental office" but does not say that it was the Adelsons. Did she work there and that's how she met Charlie, or was she only on the payroll as payment for the crime?

And what's going on at the dental practice now? Has Charlie been seeing patients the last few months? Has the entire practice crumbled? Surely there has to be a former patient following the discussion here.

Assuming they ordered the hit, I wonder why the murder was done the way it was done? The focus was on the Adelsons from day 1. Would they have wanted to live the rest of their lives under a cloud of suspicion? Why wouldn't they have had Garcia and Rivera burglarize the house to make it look like a home invasion gone wrong? Or kidnap Markel and murder him and a prostitute in a bad part of town with drugs on the scene? But the "clean" hit instantly drew suspicion to the Adelsons, even before the arrests of Garcia and Rivera a few months ago.

My other question is did Magbanua ever really work at the Adelson dental practice? Page 10 of the probable cause affidavit states "Cellular location records do not show Magbanua going to the Adelson Institute . . ." The affidavit also states "Investigation indicates that prior to the homicide, Magbanua was employed at a Miami area dental office" but does not say that it was the Adelsons. Did she work there and that's how she met Charlie, or was she only on the payroll as payment for the crime?

And what's going on at the dental practice now? Has Charlie been seeing patients the last few months? Has the entire practice crumbled? Surely there has to be a former patient following the discussion here.

It's been said that she met Charlie when he was doing some work at the Miami practice she did work at, not at the Adelson's practice. I understand it as some sort of consultation type agreement he had with various practices.

Garcia has private attorney. Rivera has conflict attorney.

SG 7/13/2016 Docket entry:
PRIVATE ATTY ASSIGNED Private Attorney Added: 526721 - ZANGENEH SAAM

LR has CONFLICT FREE COUNSEL according to July motions and orders.
LR 7/14/2016 Docket entry:
CONFLICT ATTORNEY ASSIGNED Conflict Attorney Added: 37382 - COLLINS CHARLES

Thank you. Yes, the public defender's office can only represent one because of a conflict of interest in representing others charged in the same crime. The attorneys will either be paid by public funds or will work pro bono as none of the three charged so far seem to have the money to pay for a defense attorney for any length of time.

Does anyone know when and where KM's next court appearance is? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000