GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Above the Law (David Lat) first leaked the transcript of an FBI interview- something that LE probably wasn't thrilled with, since suspects and other witnesses will now be able to read it before being interviewed.
Lat also reported that the Rivera plea deal reported on 20/20 was a LE ploy- not from Rivera's lawyer (from who we would expect denials), but from an anonymous source close to the investigation.

IMHO, this is confusing behavior from an experienced lawyer, a colleague of Daniel Markel's, who would seemingly want the killers brought to justice above all else.
As the story evolves in the near future, I'm hoping he won't publish any other material that could potentially sabotage or interfere with the ongoing investigation. (I am not saying this is his intent- I don't understand his intentions at all).
This is all just my opinion.

Maybe he is applying pressure to give the Adelsons a reason to discuss hiring another TV Repairman over the phone.

rbbm.
Maybe the A's would take in the " parentless" kids, the single mother might even supply those sunshines with a Lexus!

"Magbanua is the only tie between Markel and the shooters, Garcia and Rivera. Further, Magbanua's only tie to Daniel Markel is Charlie Adelson."
The documents released in September alleged that the Adelson family wanted Wendi Adelson to move with her two young children to south Florida, but there was resistance from Markel.

Court records say Magbanua received payments from the Adelson family.

Adelson family attorney David O. Markus said Sunday that "it's sad" police are pressuring a single mother by threatening to make Magbanua's children parentless in the event of a possible conviction.
http://www.cp24.com/news/woman-charged-in-canadian-law-professor-s-killing-has-ties-to-his-ex-1.3098438
imo, speculation.

Her case is more forensic in regards to calls and deposits.

So it took time.

But she is in the best position for a sweet heart deal.

Because they really want the others.

So hopefully she doesn't take a Adelson lawyer nor a public defender.

Because she can a good deal here. Jmo

She will have a public defender. The end game. It will be quick I think. JMO.

She will have a public defender. The end game. It will be quick I think. JMO.

It's been publicly reported that she has a private attorney, Tara Kawass: http://www.legaldirectories.com/Kawass-Tara-Namat-780293-Atty.aspx

Seems to me that KM will have a tremendous incentive to cooperate and flip on Garcia, Rivera, and the As: She would probably do anything to avoid being away from her kids for an extended time (or perhaps forever). If the DA offers her a deal with a short prison term -- or perhaps even complete immunity -- in exchange for testimony against her co-conspirators, I bet she will take it.

Link to The probable cause affidavit

I'm from Tallahassee and have been following this case pretty closely...

Thank you for posting the link. What a thorough and absolutely amazing read! The evidence is so, so strong. What a truly greedy and shallow woman KM is. The evidence shows that all the Adelsons were involved to some degree, whether it was prior to the murder or after. CA and DA were the puppet masters. I'm incredibly impressed by the effort put into this operation by LE and the FBI. MOO.

She has kids but thinks it's a good idea to get involved in a murder for hire scheme? Not surprised i use to live in Florida for 30yrs. Happy i left. iimo

I give new meaning to the phrase "long time lurker"!

Lol.

Its always good to mull over your first post before posting it.

So at least you gave it some serious serious thought.

Lol. Just kidding.

But seriously. The warrant does have good information.

Now i see why people was acting like luis was going to talk.

Because it seems like they want to scare KM to take a plea first.

Idk

That affidavit is insane!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

That affidavit is insane!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Agree. The entire Adelson family plus Wendi ran from the police the day after the funeral.

Then Wendi said her phone was acting up.

But was able to immediately contact the lawyer while on the road for the purpose of the lawyer telling the p.d to catch us if you can but we are out of here. Jmo

The Adelsons are guilty.

I have a question.

What kind of upbringing did Donna have?

She just seems like the mamma bear from hell that is now being outted; But at a age where she now worries while baby Charlie calms her down. Jmo.

Lol

I guess old Harvey never had a single mistress.

Because his wife seems very ferocious while the kids follow suit and simply use dad for loans and credit co-signing.

Jmo

"Katie" will flip if given a sweet deal....in a second! It sounds like she was getting tired already of how much she was having to do to maintain the charade.

But she was awfully quick to run away from her children, so I hope she does not get them back!!! (Bottom of page 13)

It's been publicly reported that she has a private attorney, Tara Kawass: http://www.legaldirectories.com/Kawass-Tara-Namat-780293-Atty.aspx

Seems to me that KM will have a tremendous incentive to cooperate and flip on Garcia, Rivera, and the As: She would probably do anything to avoid being away from her kids for an extended time (or perhaps forever). If the DA offers her a deal with a short prison term -- or perhaps even complete immunity -- in exchange for testimony against her co-conspirators, I bet she will take it.

BBM. The address listed for Tara Kawass on the legal directory website -- 1500 NW 12th Ave, Suite 900, Miami, FL -- is an address for the Miami Dade Public Defender. http://www.pdmiami.com/contact_us.htm#Locations,_Phone_Numbers. 1500 NW 12th Ave is the Jackson Medical Tower, one of 4 locations where the Public Defender has offices.

BBM. The address listed for Tara Kawass on the legal directory website -- 1500 NW 12th Ave, Suite 900, Miami, FL -- is an address for the Miami Dade Public Defender. http://www.pdmiami.com/contact_us.htm#Locations,_Phone_Numbers. 1500 NW 12th Ave is the Jackson Medical Tower, one of 4 locations where the Public Defender has offices.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-arrested-2014-murder-florida-professor-dan-merkel/story?id=42505974
[…] Appearing in bond court in Fort Lauderdale early Sunday, Magbanua's attorney, Tara Kawass, said she had informed Tallahassee detectives investigating the Markel case that Magbanua would not be talking to them. […]

KM’s attorney:

Tara Namat Kawass
Law Offices of Kawass, P.A.
8724 SW 72nd St # 167
Miami, FL 33173-3512

The Florida Bar

https://www.floridabar.org/wps/port.../dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?flag=Y&mid=54494

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000