GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever made clear if Daniel Markel was traveling out of town on the day he was killed? If true, WA could have been feeding somebody info on his whereabouts and travel plans.

From WA's LE interview I thought she said she had just talked to DM that morning. I assumed she called him....however, I believe the arrest warrant stated he had called her that morning around 9.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
It makes perfect sense that they would talk as he was leaving on a trip, they would need to touch base about the kids.

here's an interesting reader comment on the article which is very similar to my earlier point but much more eloquently stated -

"The contention that the ex-wife is somehow not involved in this crime is so fantastical, ludicrous really, that I have trouble understanding how anyone can think otherwise. But, crazier things have happened. Realistically, is a devoted brother going to have the father of his nephews killed WITHOUT consulting his sister, the ex-wife? Come on... Is he going to say afterward "Hey, hope you don't mind, but I had your ex killed. Let's have lunch." That makes absolutely no sense. It's too fairytale-ish for Wendi to not be involved - she stood to much to gain." - J. B.

Here are their options for countries with no extradition treaties with the USA:
http://www.internationalman.com/articles/which-countries-can-the-nsa-whistleblower-escape-to

Looks like they won't be escaping to the Costa del Sol or the French Riviera.

Israel allows extradition, but there is a catch:
http://www.haaretz.com/israeli-judg...less-u-s-prison-provides-kosher-food-1.412728
The choices are bleak. From the link...

Countries with No U.S. Extradition Treaty

Afghanistan..... Ethiopia..... Nepal
Algeria..... Gabon..... Niger
Andorra..... Guinea..... North Korea
Angola..... Guinea-Bissau..... Oman
Armenia..... Indonesia..... Qatar
Bahrain..... Iran..... Russia....
Bangladesh..... Kazakhstan..... Rwanda
Belarus..... Kosovo..... Samoa
Bhutan..... Kuwait..... São Tomé & Príncipe
Bosnia and Herzegovina..... Laos...... Saudi Arabia
Brunei...... Lebanon...... Senegal
Burkina Faso...... Libya...... Serbia
Burundi...... Macedonia...... Somalia
Cambodia...... Madagascar...... Sudan
Cameroon...... the Maldives...... Syria
Cape Verde...... Mali...... Taiwan
the Central African Republic...... the Marshall Islands...... Togo
Chad...... Mauritania...... Tunisia
China...... Micronesia...... Uganda
Comoros...... Moldova...... Ukraine
Dem. Republic of the Congo...... Mongolia...... United Arab Emirates
Cote d' Ivoire...... Montenegro...... Uzbekistan
Cuba...... Morocco...... Vanuatu
Djibouti...... Mozambique...... the Vatican
Equatorial Guinea...... Myanmar...... Vietnam
Eritrea...... Namibia...... Yemen

The following countries have been known to refuse U.S. extradition requests, despite having treaties: Bolivia, Ecuador, Iceland, Nicaragua, Switzerland, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

Escaping to a non-extradition-treaty country does not mean you are home free. It simply puts you at the mercy of your new hosts.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lol, I sure wouldn't! But they probably think their lawyers can get them out of it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

money has been known to buy freedom in the past but given the flippers and the mountain of evidence piling up, i don't think even O.J.'s "Dream Team" could save them. but like i said before sociopathic narcissists believe that they are above the law, entitled, and smarter than everyone else so they will probably suffer from delusional confidence until the very bitter end if guilty.

He was planning to go to NY the day after the murder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/10/11/no-bond-magbanua-markel-killing/91888982/

attachment.php

She looks like she just got done watching LR's interview!!!!

here's an interesting reader comment on the article which is very similar to my earlier point but much more eloquently stated -

"The contention that the ex-wife is somehow not involved in this crime is so fantastical, ludicrous really, that I have trouble understanding how anyone can think otherwise. But, crazier things have happened. Realistically, is a devoted brother going to have the father of his nephews killed WITHOUT consulting his sister, the ex-wife? Come on... Is he going to say afterward "Hey, hope you don't mind, but I had your ex killed. Let's have lunch." That makes absolutely no sense. It's too fairytale-ish for Wendi to not be involved - she stood to much to gain." - J. B.

I wanted to say this from day one but because so many posters seemed to believe (and maybe still do) that she had absolutely no knowledge of the murder I began to doubt my thinking and didn't post my opinion which I could not have stated half as good as this person did. Without sounding too simplistic (I am sure there is a better word but my fibro brain is not letting me grasp it at the moment) isn't this what is called "common sense"?

adding.....are we allowed to discuss the children? If not, I am sorry I brought it up.

The children apparently were with KM as they seemed to be in the background when SG phoned KM from jail.
Other than that, no idea where they are now while KM is incarcerated, if they are mentioned in the newspapers, then it is okay to comment about what is stated, imo.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_...ttorney-expects-more-indictments-mother-.html
According to her neighbors in North Miami Beach, Magbanua left her rented townhouse with her kids in the middle of the night June 1, hours after Garcia was arrested. 'He (Garcia) was back with Katherine,' said one next door neighbor who asked that her name not be used. 'She hasn't been back here since he was arrested. 'Some friends of hers in pickup truck came a couple nights ago and cleaned out the house. She didn't tell anyone where she was going.' .

He was planning to go to NY the day after the murder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missunshine: I can't find any info re a trip. I'm sure it's there somewhere. Would you be able to come up with a link for a NY trip scheduled for the day after his murder? That would have been a Saturday, June 19, 2014 if I'm not mistaken. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

TY! So WA says that she drove by Trescott and saw the police cars shortly after noon.
According to charging documents and other public information:
Neighbor calls 911 at 11:02 and ambulance arrives around 11:21
DA contacts CA at 11:06
CA contacts DA at 11:22
CA contacts KM at 11:30 and 11:31
SG contacts KM at 12:30 and she says (maybe) that she knows it's done. Also, he contacts her a few more times later in the drive back to Miami.
Are there some missing contacts after noon that were not listed? Maybe WA left the house earlier than noon. Maybe she called CA/DA after driving by at noon, and CA/DA contacted KM, and LE left those contacts out of the charging documents. Also, it's possible that the "it's done/ok i know" conversation (if it means that KM already knew) could have happened in a later conversation while LR and SG were driving back, though it seems most likely to have been the first call. Or maybe this theory is off base, as it would have been a narrow window for her to drive by, see LE, contact CA/DA, and get the message relayed to KM. JMO.

Just coming back to this timeline -- is it possible that some of the communications between these people could have been done via email or whatsapp/vibr, and therefore wouldn't have shown up on the call records? Speculation, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3