GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/10/11/no-bond-magbanua-markel-killing/91888982/

attachment.php

Lol. Charlie definitely should have hired another tv repair man. Lol

Because I'm sure the picture on this screen now has his vision very blurry and worried.

Lol. Payback.

Above the Law allows for the possibility that WA knew, but is also still spinning for WA as much as they can credibly spin given what LR told the police. It's possible that LR thought/knew that "the lady" who was paying for the hit was DA while also believing/knowing based on what SG told him that WA was helping to coordinate the plan and checking on them. So even if "the lady" making the payment was DA and LR knew that, WA could still have been involved in the plot. I wonder if police nailed down LR on what he knew about WA's and the other As' involvement in another interview that hasn't yet been released. I was surprised that there weren't too many follow up questions when LR was talking about WA.

What time did SG call KM to let her know that the hit was done? LR says in his statement that KM already knew when they called her, because when they called KM and said it was done, she said something like "yeah alright, I know." IIRC he said it a couple of times because the investigators tried to clarify that he had heard KM say it and it wasn't just a matter of SG relaying what KM had said. Wasn't it around noon on that Friday that LR and SG turned their cell phones on and called KM?

What time did WA go down to the station and receive notification of the murder, and call DA to tell her about it? If this call to DA happened after SG called KM to tell her about the murder, how could KM have already known? Assuming what LR says is true about KM already knowing, and unless there was someone else involved, it seems like the only way would have been for WA to have tipped the A's off after her drive by the house on the way to the liquor store when she saw the police tape.

Just speculation, IMO.
What I think LR was saying is that when SG called KM and told her that it was done and she better get the money- she didn't say "ok, I know alright" about the hit being done but said "okay, I know alright" about getting the money because she then knew the hit was complete and the next step would be getting the money. Does that make sense?

[quote name="dotr" post=12862246]http://abovethelaw.com/2016/10/the-dan-markel-case-luis-rivera-points-the-finger-at-wendi-adelson/The Dan Markel Case: Luis Rivera Points The Finger At Wendi Adelson[/QUOTE]

[Garcia] called [Magbanua] and he said 'everything, it's done--make sure you have my money. I'm on my way'...I can hear [Magbanua] say 'OK I know alright.' I'm like 'How the ****** she know?! How would she know that this sh** was done?'

When KM says Okay I Know;

She could have simply been telling Garcia

Okay I already Know/known that you want the money upon arrival and it will be ready. Jmo.

But LR was probably paranoid. Like when he was paranoid about why the lady (wendi) was looking at them. Idk
You said it much better than I did, thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Third-suspect-in-Markel-murder-case-held-without-bond-396676171.html
By WCTV Eyewitness News | Posted: Tue 12:46 PM, Oct 11, 2016 | Updated: Tue 1:34 PM, Oct 11, 2016

Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman says she needs Magbanua to link the killers to the family.
"If I was able to charge a member of the family as being implicated as part of the conspiracy I think I would require a witness such as Miss Magbanua," Cappleman said. "But of course she has not proffered any testimony to that effect, as of this time."

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Third-suspect-in-Markel-murder-case-held-without-bond-396676171.html
By WCTV Eyewitness News | Posted: Tue 12:46 PM, Oct 11, 2016 | Updated: Tue 1:34 PM, Oct 11, 2016

Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman says she needs Magbanua to link the killers to the family.
"If I was able to charge a member of the family as being implicated as part of the conspiracy I think I would require a witness such as Miss Magbanua," Cappleman said. "But of course she has not proffered any testimony to that effect, as of this time."

She will. Patience.

I respectfully disagree with Ms. Cappleman. While testimony from Magbanua would make the case much easier to win, it is certainly not necessary to go forward with a case against Charlie and Donna. I believe LE and the prosecutors have been doing a great job. But these definitive statements to the press that there is no case against the Adelsons are ill-advised in my opinion. What if KM doesn't roll and you have to go forward against Donna or Charlie (or both) without her testimony? Now you have a public admission that your evidence stinks when in reality it doesn't. Also, if you are negotiating with KM for her testimony, why let her think that she holds all the cards and that you can't go after the Adelsons without her?

What I think LR was saying is that when SG called KM and told her that it was done and she better get the money- she didn't say "ok, I know alright" about the hit being done but said "okay, I know alright" about getting the money because she then knew the hit was complete and the next step would be getting the money. Does that make sense?

[quote name="dotr" post=12862246]http://abovethelaw.com/2016/10/the-dan-markel-case-luis-rivera-points-the-finger-at-wendi-adelson/The Dan Markel Case: Luis Rivera Points The Finger At Wendi Adelson
[/QUOTE]
But did Rivera say the "Aww sh--
she already knows."....out loud to Garcia or was he just thinking that. I hope they clarify that and if it was said out loud how did Garcia respond?

Also, I feel the TPD is holding back records of all telephonic contacts made with WA and others. I am thinking there will be a telephonic contact from WA to CA right around noon.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

What is confusing it almost sounds like they saw Wendi on both trips. In the first part of the confession it sounds like he is talking about seeing her the first trip, even the wtxl link says this. But later he says they were in the Prius, so it has to be the second trip, the day before the murder. Or was it both trips???

http://www.wtxl.com/news/suspect-in...cle_4405b58c-8f25-11e6-80a3-636e4a3baa45.html
rbbm.
In a newly released video, Rivera detailed the car ride between he and Sigfredo Garcia, the other man accused in Marke's murder.

He mentioned to investigators how during their first trip to Tallahassee, they drove by Wendi Adelson, Markel's ex-wife, while she was with her children.

I respectfully disagree with Ms. Cappleman. While testimony from Magbanua would make the case much easier to win, it is certainly not necessary to go forward with a case against Charlie and Donna. I believe LE and the prosecutors have been doing a great job. But these definitive statements to the press that there is no case against the Adelsons are ill-advised in my opinion. What if KM doesn't roll and you have to go forward against Donna or Charlie (or both) without her testimony? Now you have a public admission that your evidence stinks when in reality it doesn't. Also, if you are negotiating with KM for her testimony, why let her think that she holds all the cards and that you can't go after the Adelsons without her?

I totally agree! Stop giving her so much leverage. What is with these improper comments to the press? When I was public defender in county court defending misdemeanor drug posessions and petit thefts the baby prosecutors showed me fewer cards than this.

[quote name="dotr" post=12862246]http://abovethelaw.com/2016/10/the-dan-markel-case-luis-rivera-points-the-finger-at-wendi-adelson/The Dan Markel Case: Luis Rivera Points The Finger At Wendi Adelson
[/QUOTE]

The part I'm referring to is at a later point, after the point about SG and LR confirming with KM that they will get the money. I'm specifically focused on the fact that RIvera expressed to police that he didn't understand how KM could have known it was already done.
Initially as people have mentioned, LR says at around 1:25:13 that SG called KM and SG told her "'Everything is, it's done, make sure you have my money, I'm on my way. When we get back to the house....'.... she goes 'don't worry you'll have it tomorrow morning.'" [This is NOT the part I'm referring to.]

Then the investigator asks when he dumped the gun in relation to the phone call and there is an exchange about when the gun was dumped.

And THEN LR says around 1:25:44:
"'Yeah he called her and told her 'it's done, everything's done', I think way before we dumped the gun or after we dumped the gun. But sure, 100%, he called her and said 'hey it's done already.'"
Investigator: "Do you hear her on the other end?"
LR: "Yeah I can hear her, she goes 'ok, I know, alright.'"
Investigator: "'OK I know alright?'"
LR: "I'm like 'yo, how the f--- does she know?' Like 'how would she know if this s--- done?'"
Investigator: "But it's Katie's voice?
LR: "Yeah it's Katie's voice. 100% it's Katie's voice I mean who...He can't call Wendi I don't know her voice, I know Katie's voice....I'm like, 'did she really just call this guy and say "you're done"?' Like where your mind is at."

To me it sounds at the later point in the tape like when KM said "ok I know alright" it wasn't in the context of her communicating "I understand you want your money and you'll have the money" but instead "I know it's done" which it seems would have been what led LR to ask "how the f--- does she know....how would she know if this s---- is done?" If "ok I know alright" just referred to the money, why would LR be asking himself these questions about "how the f--- does she know....how would she know if this s---- is done?"

Maybe I'm misunderstanding or maybe LR misunderstood at the time. But based on LR's incredulity at her response to SG, it doesn't seem to me that she was referring to the money at that point when she said "ok I know alright", but to the fact she knew that the job was done. If she was just referring to the money, I don't think he would have wondered "how can she know?" Presumably the investigators will clarify this with LR in future interviews. Speculation, JMO.

I don't know, but if I'm reading this right then LR appears to ask an important question: how could KM already know and how did she find out so quickly?

I agree. LR got the impression from the phone call that KM knew that the murder was complete before SG called her. He might have jumped to a conclusion, but, at least in his mind, somebody else told KM about the murder.

The part I'm referring to is at a later point, after the point about SG and LR confirming with KM that they will get the money. I'm specifically focused on the fact that RIvera expressed to police that he didn't understand how KM could have known it was already done.
Initially as people have mentioned, LR says at around 1:25:13 that SG called KM and SG told her "'Everything is, it's done, make sure you have my money, I'm on my way. When we get back to the house....'.... she goes 'don't worry you'll have it tomorrow morning.'" [This is NOT the part I'm referring to.]

Then the investigator asks when he dumped the gun in relation to the phone call and there is an exchange about when the gun was dumped.

And THEN LR says around 1:25:44:
"'Yeah he called her and told her 'it's done, everything's done', I think way before we dumped the gun or after we dumped the gun. But sure, 100%, he called her and said 'hey it's done already.'"
Investigator: "Do you hear her on the other end?"
LR: "Yeah I can hear her, she goes 'ok, I know, alright.'"
Investigator: "'OK I know alright?'"
LR: "I'm like 'yo, how the f--- does she know?' Like 'how would she know if this s--- done?'"
Investigator: "But it's Katie's voice?
LR: "Yeah it's Katie's voice. 100% it's Katie's voice I mean who...He can't call Wendi I don't know her voice, I know Katie's voice....I'm like, 'did she really just call this guy and say "you're done"?' Like where your mind is at."

To me it sounds at the later point in the tape like when KM said "ok I know alright" it wasn't in the context of her communicating "I understand you want your money and you'll have the money" but instead "I know it's done" which it seems would have been what led LR to ask "how the f--- does she know....how would she know if this s---- is done?" Maybe I'm misunderstanding or maybe LR misunderstood at the time. But based on LR's incredulity at her response to SG, it doesn't seem to me that she was referring to the money at that point when she said "OK I know", but to the fact she knew that the job was done. If she was just referring to the money, I don't think he would have wondered "how can she know?" Presumably the investigators will clarify this with LR in future interviews. Speculation, JMO.

I don't know, but if I'm reading this right then LR appears to ask an important question: how could KM already know and how did she find out so quickly?

I agree. LR got the impression from the phone call that KM knew that the murder was complete before SG called her. He might have jumped to a conclusion, but, at least in his mind, somebody else told KM about the murder.

Right, and he may not have relayed the conversation that happened exactly verbatim to the investigator. That might be where the confusion is. I think the important part is how he understood what he heard and how sure he is of what was meant, not exactly as he said it in the interview.

and when he didn't tuck tail and give her, her way as she was accustomed. poster child for entitlement.

I think that once his infatuation with WA began to fade, DM did see right through WA. Perhaps his love turned to contemp.

DM signed his own death warrant, unknowingly, when he let WA know that he saw through her.

The state will not prosecute Donna or Charles without Magbanau's testimony !

According to at least one of the charging documents, the initial call from SG to KM took place after noon, at 12:30. If KM was in fact already aware that the murder had been done, how could KM have known at this point unless someone in the ground in Tallahassee had relayed the message to the cell of alleged co-conspirators in South Florida? Wasn't WA still at lunch with her friends around this time, when LE picked her up? A 12:30 call from SG to KM seems like it would have been too early for the call from WA to DA from the police station to have taken place. IMHO.

no, I don't think it will. the defendant in the Tara children case was pregnant and they are seeking death. FL hands down DP more often than CA.

By " the needle" does that mean DP? gulp.imo.
This is complete and total speculation, but have wondered if KM might have (strategically) become pregnant, if so, would that affect sentencing if she was found guilty?
imo, all speculation.

According to at least one of the charging documents, the initial call from SG to KM took place after noon, at 12:30. If KM was in fact already aware that the murder had been done, how could KM have known at this point unless someone in the ground in Tallahassee had relayed the message to the cell of alleged co-conspirators in South Florida? Wasn't WA still at lunch with her friends around this time, when LE picked her up? A 12:30 call from SG to KM seems like it would have been too early for the call from WA to DA from the police station to have taken place. IMHO.
Miami Heat- There is a timeline and a map of WA'S movements the morning of the murder. I'll see if I can find it.

Perhaps WA made the call to CA when she tried to drive down Trescott before she went to lunch (got the bottle of rye) and her way was blocked with police tape - the "tree down" statement.

Didn't they give a detail timeline of everyone calls on the day of the murder.

So it should be easy to guess which call LR is referring too and if KM was in contact with CA before that call between her and Garcia.

I think taxpro or above the law has the phone calls for that day.

So lets slueth this one out real quick. Lol

pls look at posts beginning at
# 638 on Sept. 26, 16. You will see a timeline then a few posts down you'll see a map. Everything is linked!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member