GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Above the Law (David Lat) was silent on Rivera's video and statement today. He is normally so on top of any release of media or info in this case. I have come to count on getting his take not long after developing my own. Also noticeably absent was a remark from David Oscar Markus, Charlie's lawyer. He'd probably say Rivera is full of more 'fanciful fiction' or some BS. Rivera seems credible even for a convicted felon to me and has a lot of detailed information. And no, it's not a Cohen brother's movie, this is very, very real and the A's have never given us a credible reason to doubt their involvement despite the MOUNTAINS of circumstantial evidence and now testimony against them.

Perhaps they both are observing Columbus Day today.

Above the Law (David Lat) was silent on Rivera's video and statement today. He is normally so on top of any release of media or info in this case. I have come to count on getting his take not long after developing my own. Also noticeably absent was a remark from David Oscar Markus, Charlie's lawyer. He'd probably say Garcia is full of more 'fanciful fiction' or some BS. Garcia seems credible even for a convicted felon to me and has a lot of detailed information. And no, it's not a Cohen brother's movie, this is very, very real and the A's have never given us a credible reason to doubt their involvement despite the MOUNTAINS of circumstantial evidence and now testimony against them.

Perhaps they both are observing Columbus Day today.

I think you mean Rivera seems credible.

When I play any of the videos linked, I am unable to get good audio. It just sounds like static - is anyone else having this issue....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having the same issue. I wonder if it's an iPhone thing.

some new interesting details -

Third Markel suspect booked in Leon County
Karl Etters , Democrat staff writer 6:48 p.m. EDT October 10, 2016

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/10/10/third-markel-suspect-booked-leon-county/91874654/

I think this is the first I've read about Rivera's girlfriend's information being instrumental in arresting Katie.

"Magbanua was a longtime suspect, investigators said, but it wasn’t until Rivera’s girlfriend recalled the three divvying up money at her home that police were able to arrest the 31-year-old."

I hope she's ready to roll and I think she will to save her own skin. KM and WA are, IMO, 2 of a kind. They'll do anything, including manipulate others, to get their own way. I'd rather KM get a deal cut rather than WA or any of the A's. And I certainly don't want SG offered any deals. He was the gunman. He doesn't deserve to get off easy. IMO

Yes, YES, I totally agree! IMO ALL the players, yes, even the father, are equally guilty but the one I would like to see get the most as far as prison sentence, etc is WA. It was she who villified Dan to her family to such a degree that the idea of having him killed was born.

I disagree with you about her being a good actress. The "Oh my God!" exclamation sounded soooo fake to me. And, as far as why she babbled about the TV repairman/hitman, I think she just panicked.

I think SHE thinks she is a great enough actress to sound convincing and believable to the investigator. And if you will notice in the interview....the "Oh my God" was exclaimed almost even before the investigators words were completely out of his mouth!

I think SHE thinks she is a great enough actress to sound convincing and believable to the investigator. And if you will notice in the interview....the "Oh my God" was exclaimed almost even before the investigators words were completely out of his mouth!

I also noticed the investigator wasn't having it -- from the start he seemed perturbed with WA.

Deception when both hands open towards LE.
imo, speculation.
Rough paraphrasing..

0:43 talked to DM this a.m
1:43 really scared someone is out there
1:47 scared for the kids
2:15 who would do something like this?
3:36 repairman asked how much paid for t.v.
[video=youtube;JE_ZPziCyOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_ZPziCyOY[/video]

The youtube link took me to a Lyle Lovett video.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That was my intention, it was my (tactful?) response to LR in the police interview referring to WA as " a lady", ie "That's no lady, that's my wife"!

When I play any of the videos linked, I am unable to get good audio. It just sounds like static - is anyone else having this issue....?

When I tried to listen from my phone it sounded like a facet was turned on in the background, all I could hear was "running water like noises." LOL MOO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Academy Award winning performance. I've been fooled before in other cases, not so much by WA. Listening to her podcast from her class was all I needed. She is so self-absorbed and DM saw right through her. IMO

think it was a only in hind sight though.

Assuming KM flips and KM says she spoke to WA, I think the prosecutor is still going to want something else to corroborate direct contact between KM and WA. Phone records or something....
JMO, speculation.

Assuming KM flips and KM says she spoke to WA, I think the prosecutor is still going to want something else to corroborate direct contact between KM and WA. Phone records or something....
JMO, speculation.

Wondering how SG knew that it was WA walking by with the kids and looking at him, the day before the murder, as per LR's statement in the interview.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...e-were-coming-up-here-kill-somebody/91847004/
The day before they shot Markel, they were driving a rented Prius near his Trescott Drive home and passed Wendi Adelson walking with her two kids.

Rivera said she looked at the car as they passed. He told Garcia he was nervous about the way she was looking at them.
Rivera said: "Who is this lady, why is she looking so much?"
“Oh, that’s that lady. That’s Wendi," Garcia replied.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/suspect-in...cle_4405b58c-8f25-11e6-80a3-636e4a3baa45.html
He mentioned to investigators how during their first trip to Tallahassee, they drove by Wendi Adelson, Markel's ex-wife, while she was with her children.

Rivera told investigators that he noticed Garcia and Adelson making eye contact and said he began to wonder she was. That's when he said he began suspecting that Garcia was displaying to Adelson that they had arrived.

JMO, speculation.

Did LE ever get KM's phone and computer? Did they ever do a search warrant on her? Maybe it was mentioned and I didn't see it..

"At the heart of every sociopathic act is a sense of narcissism, a sense of entitlement.” – Dr. Brian Russell

"One thing we know about sociopaths is that they want what they want when they want it." - Dr. Brian Russell

"Sociopathic narcissism - a belief that he or she is somehow above the law, immune to the rules that govern the rest of us.” – John Carney

LE has to get Manbanau to flip first. She just arrived in TLH yesterday. LE will not arrest any A's until she talks. Rivera's testimony will not tie the murder to the A's. His testimony never revealed any connection to the A's except hearsay from Garcia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck