GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.....this "expert" is incredibly
unprofessional and it wouldn't be hard to figure out who they are.
Because if it was my team, they'd be gone in a heartbeat with a nice little astrik in Wikepedia.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I just thought it was exciting to find an unexpected link to this case.

I interpret this as at least mildly good news for the state. I suppose the judge could have summarily denied the state's motion for a conflict of interest inquiry. But by issuing this OSC, the court is forcing KM's attorneys to respond and presumably demonstrate that the source of funds to pay her attorneys' fees is not tainted by conflict (i.e., it's not coming from the As).

Interesting! I've been saying all along that I don't believe the A's are paying the attorneys, at least not directly, but the motion is pretty convincing!

thanks for posting. very nice. it looks like the alleged puppets and puppet master have until Friday March 24 to cook up a response to the Order. if true, it should be very simple and easy for them to show proof of "immediate family" and "savings" and "retirement accounts". did DeCoste F up and paint himself into a corner with that (maybe) ill-advised response to the media?

oh to be a fly on the wall in Penthouse 1!

The judge was just saying that he read/considered the motion, not that he was thinking the same thing as well before it was filed. But--an order to show cause issued a couple of days after a motion is filed is a good indication that the judge thinks it has some merit.

Yes, it is. Thanks!
So the defense has to show cause as to why it should not comply.

This line is telling, "The Court having considered the same" as it shows that the judge has been scratching his head too.

or will it go something like this? -

"Your Honor, at this time, we are unable to verify the exact origins of the monies used to pay our fees and expenses to date and future and we therefore respectfully ask the Court to allow us to withdraw from representing Ms. Magbanua in this matter."

i doubt it but you never know.

The financing of KM's lawyers/potential conflict of interest has been an obvious potential issue for awhile. KM's lawyers would be really naive if they did not think this type of motion would likely be filed. That said, I'm looking forward to the response.

Question.

Has Dan kids seen their dads family lately?

I wonder too since that email from Mrs Markel to GC was leaked

I think it is highly unlikely the Markels will see Dan's sons again, at least until they reach the age of 18. That is so sad to think, but it is clear WA does not want the boys associated with their paternal family. Even if CA and DA are indicted and incarcerated for Dan's murder, but WA is not, the boys will probably not be afforded the opportunity to see the Markels unless the Markels file a suit against WA for visitation rights. And, my understanding is that it's very difficult for grandparents to gain visitation rights. MOO

I think it is highly unlikely the Markels will see Dan's sons again, at least until they reach the age of 18. That is so sad to think, but it is clear WA does not want the boys associated with their paternal family. Even if CA and DA are indicted and incarcerated for Dan's murder, but WA is not, the boys will probably not be afforded the opportunity to see the Markels unless the Markels file a suit against WA for visitation rights. And, my understanding is that it's very difficult for grandparents to gain visitation rights. MOO

BBM. I think it's probably even harder to assert grandparent visitation rights across an international border. I wish them well. Cannot imagine the additional burden they must suffer given the strong possibility of the Adelsons' involvement.

BBM. I think it's probably even harder to assert grandparent visitation rights across an international border. I wish them well. Cannot imagine the additional burden they must suffer given the strong possibility of the Adelsons' involvement.
That's one of the cruelest things I've ever heard. Especially since they lost their son at the evil hands (IMO) of the maternal grandparent(s) and maternal uncle.

I can't recall who is representing the Markels but I remember thinking
they are nothing less than awesome.

The financing of KM's lawyers/potential conflict of interest has been an obvious potential issue for awhile. KM's lawyers would be really naive if they did not think this type of motion would likely be filed. That said, I'm looking forward to the response.

obvious for some of us but not for others who proclaimed that it was defamatory to even suggest the possibility of a conflict of interest. lawyers would never do such a thing!

Sigfredo Garcia 3/9/2017
SECOND MOTION TO DECLARE DEFENDANT INDIGENT FOR COSTS

not if they have a good lawyer. I guess it would depend on the state though. I know my husband's ex wife (aka satan) her gramma petitioned and got visitation with the ex wife and her siblings after their mom's death, and I believe that is why she turned out the way she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member