GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Access Corrections, will allow for deposits to be made by several different methods: ......

Really anyone with a computer can send an inmate money to their account. Even strangers.

You can also order care packages for inmates that consists of snacks, clothing and books from authorized websites for their particular prison.

But since she is in jail. Then maybe they can only send money for now. Idk

funny, when I worked at jail, inmates were not allowed to receive visits from someone in jail within past year, and no one on probation or parole.

KM’s canteen log is difficult to read. An overview:
Purchases are mostly FOOD.
Also some PHONE TIME - Lots of PHONE TIME NOV 2016 & end of DEC 2016, no PHONE TIME between 1/10/17 and 2/23/17. Last PHONE TIME was 3/2/17.
Two MEDIC (NURSE, Rx) purchases:
$16.00 1/20/17
$16.00 3/28/17

Two female visitors - Relationship To Inmate: FRIEND

CHC Female from Miami visited 1/27 and 1/28/17.

BLJ Female from Tallahassee visited 3/25/17. This woman has an extensive Leon County criminal history and was booked into Leon County Jail 8/27/16 and released 3/14/17. Perhaps between 3/14 and 3/25 BLJ made contact with people on behalf of KM and then she reported to KM during the 45-minute jail visit on 3/25.

her culture finds this type of thing to be of shame.

Thanks for finding this information. I find it curious that neither her immediate family nor any member of her extended family has visited her while she is in jail. It further strains credibility that her immediate family is pooling their resources to fund her defense, yet they haven't had a chance to visit her during the 6 months of her incarceration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in CA only prison inmates can get a box. in jail its only canteen.

You can also order care packages for inmates that consists of snacks, clothing and books from authorized websites for their particular prison.

But since she is in jail. Then maybe they can only send money for now. Idk

KM’s canteen and visitation records were obtained by a public records request:
http://www.leoncountyso.com/divisions/administration/records-section
[…]To request copies of reports, inmate records, documents, or other public records . . .
E-mail your request to lcso_public_records@leoncountyfl.gov

Today I submitted a request to the jail for SG’s canteen and visitation records, and will likely receive the records by Friday. The response time was quick for KM’s records – one day.

I’m curious if anyone visited SG between 3/14/17 and 3/25/17. Maybe KM’s Tallahassee visitor (BLJ) visited SG before ‘reporting’ back to KM on 3/25/17.

KM’s jail records – posting link again: http://imgur.com/a/5ZX0L
Hopefully, they will soon put a new ink ribbon on that dot matrix printer.

Quoting myself - to update.... I didn't receive SG's public records today. Perhaps they were closed for the holiday. Hopefully I'll receive the records early next week, and I'll post an image file then.
KM’s canteen and visitation records were obtained by a public records request:
http://www.leoncountyso.com/divisions/administration/records-section
[…]To request copies of reports, inmate records, documents, or other public records . . .
E-mail your request to lcso_public_records@leoncountyfl.gov

Today I submitted a request to the jail for SG’s canteen and visitation records, and will likely receive the records by Friday. The response time was quick for KM’s records – one day.

I’m curious if anyone visited SG between 3/14/17 and 3/25/17. Maybe KM’s Tallahassee visitor (BLJ) visited SG before ‘reporting’ back to KM on 3/25/17.

KM’s jail records – posting link again: http://imgur.com/a/5ZX0L
Hopefully, they will soon put a new ink ribbon on that dot matrix printer.

her culture finds this type of thing to be of shame.

So the reason they haven't visited her is because they're ashamed she's in jail? But according to her lawyers, the reason her family is funding her defense (and emptying their savings accounts to do so) is because they think she is being wrongfully persecuted for something she didn't do. In that case, wouldn't it make sense to visit her and give her moral support instead of abandoning her? I am guessing that the real reason her family isn't visiting is because they can't afford to make the trip from Miami to Tallahassee (which means that they certainly can't afford to pay her legal team).

It appears that the defenses of KM, SG, and the Adelson’s are effective in this case. I have stopped following the Dan Markel case after many setbacks of the prosecution.

However, I chanced the couple of articles below, and questions come to mind:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-reg-fsu-slain-professor-confession-20170214-story.html
http://people.com/crime/dan-markel-fsu-professor-killed-child-custody/

1) Is it easy for someone such as Wendy Adelson, after the dark clouds handing above her and her family members to rebuild their lives?
2) Is Wendy Adelson employed in law again?
3) Is she dating people who have known Dr. Dan Markel and her before?

It appears that the defenses of KM, SG, and the Adelson’s are effective in this case. I have stopped following the Dan Markel case after many setbacks of the prosecution.

However, I chanced the couple of articles below, and questions come to mind:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-reg-fsu-slain-professor-confession-20170214-story.html
http://people.com/crime/dan-markel-fsu-professor-killed-child-custody/

1) Is it easy for someone such as Wendy Adelson, after the dark clouds handing above her and her family members to rebuild their lives?
2) Is Wendy Adelson employed in law again?
3) Is she dating people who have known Dr. Dan Markel and her before?
My answers to your questions

1). Absolutely.

2). Works (or did) for a federal judge in Miami that Obama considered for the Supreme Court. (He declined)

3). No clue

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

So the reason they haven't visited her is because they're ashamed she's in jail? But according to her lawyers, the reason her family is funding her defense (and emptying their savings accounts to do so) is because they think she is being wrongfully persecuted for something she didn't do. In that case, wouldn't it make sense to visit her and give her moral support instead of abandoning her? I am guessing that the real reason her family isn't visiting is because they can't afford to make the trip from Miami to Tallahassee (which means that they certainly can't afford to pay her legal team).

I agree with your suspicions about the source of funding for the defense of KM. It seems incongruous that the immediate family would staunchly support KM, fund her multi-lawyer defense team, and yet none of her immediate (or extended) family members have travelled to visit her in the more than 6 months she has been incarcerated. No visits from parents/brothers/kids. As I recall, she has family members located in Miami, Orlando and Gainesville. Surely one of the immediate family members who are reported to be cashing in their savings and retirement accounts would be interested in visiting KM. Or maybe her immediate family is not funding the defense to the degree that we have been asked to believe.

Here is some blatant speculation to mull over: Is the Tallahassee resident who visited KM the rumored jailhouse snitch? If so, why is she visiting KM? Coordinating their stories? Assuring payments? IF the Tallahassee visitor is the rumored jailhouse snitch, then a visit from her would at least be unusual.

There is an enormous number of phone calls made by KM. Are these phone calls from jail recorded? Are any phone calls to her family? Who is she calling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO - KM's lawyers could have requested the mental health hearing in an effort to lead her defense down one of the following paths -

1. convince the Court that KM is "unable to proceed because of a current mental impairment."
2. a defense of "yes KM did it but she was mentally impaired at the time of the crime".

my guess is it's #1. why? because #2 requires her to plead guilty, sell out the alleged masterminds, and is incompatible with the nature of her alleged involvement as "coordinator" of a very, very premeditated plot which required a lot of coordination, communication, amongst the parties. crime in the heat of passion would be compatible - not a weeks/months long premeditated murder for hire plot! also - IMO - KM's lawyers have their marching orders so of course they will not be advising her to sell out the alleged masterminds!!! #1 buys the alleged masterminds that much more time - what have i been saying all along? kick the can down the road and live to fight another day from the comfort of a Miami condo rather than a cold dark jail cell!

2011 Florida Statutes

Title XLVII
CRIMINAL PROCEDURE AND CORRECTIONS
Chapter 916
MENTALLY DEFICIENT AND MENTALLY ILL DEFENDANTS
Entire Chapter
SECTION 12
Mental competence to proceed.
916.12 Mental competence to proceed.—
(1) A defendant is incompetent to proceed within the meaning of this chapter if the defendant does not have sufficient present ability to consult with her or his lawyer with a reasonable degree of rational understanding or if the defendant has no rational, as well as factual, understanding of the proceedings against her or him.
(2) Mental health experts appointed pursuant to s. 916.115 shall first determine whether the defendant has a mental illness and, if so, consider the factors related to the issue of whether the defendant meets the criteria for competence to proceed as described in subsection (1). A defendant must be evaluated by no fewer than two experts before the court commits the defendant or takes other action authorized by this chapter or the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure, except if one expert finds that the defendant is incompetent to proceed and the parties stipulate to that finding, the court may commit the defendant or take other action authorized by this chapter or the rules without further evaluation or hearing, or the court may appoint no more than two additional experts to evaluate the defendant. Notwithstanding any stipulation by the state and the defendant, the court may require a hearing with testimony from the expert or experts before ordering the commitment of a defendant.
(3) In considering the issue of competence to proceed, an examining expert shall first consider and specifically include in his or her report the defendant’s capacity to:
(a) Appreciate the charges or allegations against the defendant.
(b) Appreciate the range and nature of possible penalties, if applicable, that may be imposed in the proceedings against the defendant.
(c) Understand the adversarial nature of the legal process.
(d) Disclose to counsel facts pertinent to the proceedings at issue.
(e) Manifest appropriate courtroom behavior.
(f) Testify relevantly.
In addition, an examining expert shall consider and include in his or her report any other factor deemed relevant by the expert.
(4) If an expert finds that the defendant is incompetent to proceed, the expert shall report on any recommended treatment for the defendant to attain competence to proceed. In considering the issues relating to treatment, the examining expert shall specifically report on:
(a) The mental illness causing the incompetence;
(b) The treatment or treatments appropriate for the mental illness of the defendant and an explanation of each of the possible treatment alternatives in order of choices;
(c) The availability of acceptable treatment and, if treatment is available in the community, the expert shall so state in the report; and
(d) The likelihood of the defendant’s attaining competence under the treatment recommended, an assessment of the probable duration of the treatment required to restore competence, and the probability that the defendant will attain competence to proceed in the foreseeable future.
(5) A defendant who, because of psychotropic medication, is able to understand the nature of proceedings and assist in the defendant’s own defense shall not automatically be deemed incompetent to proceed simply because the defendant’s satisfactory mental functioning is dependent upon such medication. As used in this subsection, “psychotropic medication” means any drug or compound used to treat mental or emotional disorders affecting the mind, behavior, intellectual functions, perception, moods, or emotions and includes antipsychotic, antidepressant, antimanic, and antianxiety drugs.
History.—s. 1, ch. 80-75; s. 1529, ch. 97-102; s. 15, ch. 98-92; s. 59, ch. 2005-236; s. 11, ch. 2006-195; s. 21, ch. 2010-117.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/916.12

a possible defense for CA if he ever goes to trial - in short, CA may argue that SG (desperate, criminal, drug-fueled, and not that bright) must have heard of CA's intense dislike of DM in passing from KM so he decided without CA's knowledge or consent to go with LR and hit DM and then he expected to go back to CA, tell him what he did, and be given big rewards and admiration. SG saw CA as a "big shot" and was willing to do anything to ingratiate himself with CA and get into his inner circle and get a piece of that lifestyle. how to explain the money? maybe that CA and his family were in fear of their lives from these threatening dangerous crazy drug-addled "thhuggss" when they refused to pay so ultimately they decided to pay for fear that they too would be murdered. i bet Oscar is already working on this strategy as we speak.

this strategy didn't work for this guy -

But defense attorney William Fletcher told the jury and Vista Superior Court Judge J. Lester Morgan that they should discount testimony from several key prosecution witnesses who had pleaded guilty to being part of Ruscitti's slaying in exchange for reduced sentences and who had lied to two grand juries. "In their mind, the reason that they testified was because they don't want to spend the rest of their lives in prison," Fletcher said. It was ostentatious displays of wealth such as Nix's Lamborghini Countach and habit of lavishing gifts on his confidantes that lured Gonzalez into planning the killing on his own in an attempt to become part of Nix's inner circle of friends, Fletcher said. "Why would Will Nix trust Paul Gonzalez? This is a man who said, 'I had never done anything illegal for Will Nix before.' Why, in such a dastardly, evil thing as plotting a murder, would Mr. Nix trust this guy?" Fletcher asked the jury. Gonzalez paid off his son-in-law, Albert Vargas, with a car, drugs and forgiveness of a debt to commit the killing, Fletcher said. Another person, "Tonto," whom the prosecution says was the actual triggerman, may not even exist, Fletcher said. Nix had no motive to kill Ruscitti, since no legal proceedings had begun against either Nix's parents or Nix himself at the time of the killing, Fletcher said.

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-07-28/local/me-4606_1_car-salesman

if SG is higher up, I don't think that is likely, he more likely did not like CA <modsnip>

a possible defense for CA if he ever goes to trial - in short, CA may argue that SG (desperate, criminal, drug-fueled, and not that bright) must have heard of CA's intense dislike of DM in passing from KM so he decided without CA's knowledge or consent to go with LR and hit DM and then he expected to go back to CA, tell him what he did, and be given big rewards and admiration. SG saw CA as a "big shot" and was willing to do anything to ingratiate himself with CA and get into his inner circle and get a piece of that lifestyle. how to explain the money? maybe that CA and his family were in fear of their lives from these threatening dangerous crazy drug-addled "thhuggss" when they refused to pay so ultimately they decided to pay for fear that they too would be murdered. i bet Oscar is already working on this strategy as we speak.

this strategy didn't work for this guy -

But defense attorney William Fletcher told the jury and Vista Superior Court Judge J. Lester Morgan that they should discount testimony from several key prosecution witnesses who had pleaded guilty to being part of Ruscitti's slaying in exchange for reduced sentences and who had lied to two grand juries. "In their mind, the reason that they testified was because they don't want to spend the rest of their lives in prison," Fletcher said. It was ostentatious displays of wealth such as Nix's Lamborghini Countach and habit of lavishing gifts on his confidantes that lured Gonzalez into planning the killing on his own in an attempt to become part of Nix's inner circle of friends, Fletcher said. "Why would Will Nix trust Paul Gonzalez? This is a man who said, 'I had never done anything illegal for Will Nix before.' Why, in such a dastardly, evil thing as plotting a murder, would Mr. Nix trust this guy?" Fletcher asked the jury. Gonzalez paid off his son-in-law, Albert Vargas, with a car, drugs and forgiveness of a debt to commit the killing, Fletcher said. Another person, "Tonto," whom the prosecution says was the actual triggerman, may not even exist, Fletcher said. Nix had no motive to kill Ruscitti, since no legal proceedings had begun against either Nix's parents or Nix himself at the time of the killing, Fletcher said.

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-07-28/local/me-4606_1_car-salesman

if SG is higher up, I don't think that is likely, he more likely did not like CA <modsnip>

we are not talking about reality here. we are talking about a defense strategy to provide an alternate theory in order to raise reasonable doubt.

--- a possible defense for CA if he ever goes to trial - in short, CA may argue that SG (desperate, criminal, drug-fueled, and not that bright) must have heard of CA's intense dislike of DM in passing from KM so he decided without CA's knowledge or consent to go with LR and hit DM and then he expected to go back to CA, tell him what he did, and be given big rewards and admiration. ---
This explanation will not convince the least educated jury member, de surcroit the damning items in the records and in the public domain such as:
1) &#8220;FSU Law Professor's Former Boyfriend Claims She Said Her Brother Talked About Killing Ex-Husband&#8221; (By JOSEPH RHEEJAMES HILL LAUREN EFFRON, Sep 15, 2016, http://abcnews.go.com/US/fsu-law-pr...aims-brother-talked-killing/story?id=42065242)
2) &#8220;In a Tallahassee police video obtained by ABC News, the former boyfriend of a Florida State University law professor claims she told him that her brother had talked openly about looking into killing her ex-husband, Dan Markel &#8230; Jeffrey Lacasse and Wendi Adelson had dated for nine months until just before Markel&#8217;s death &#8230; Both Lacasse and Wendi Adelson told Tallahassee police that her brother Charlie Adelson talked about hiring a hit man to kill Markel.&#8221;
The most contentious thing IMHO is the absolute absence of direct electronic or physical links between Dan Markel and the pair of killers. It disgruntled few Tallahassee, FL acquaintances of mine that Dr. Charlie Adelson were off the hook the very day his 24 pages probable cause http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf was released.
IMHO, this probable cause has at least the circumstantial evidences linking Dan Markel, Charlie Adelson, Harvey and Donna Adelson, Sigfredo Garcia, Katherina Magbanua, and Luis Riveria.
Look at the financial transactions since them; and further alleged by the State as continuing today. Look at the numbers of time stamped phone calls and patterns.
It would be far fetched to have a judge subpoena the NSA about the contents (detailed transcripts) of these phone calls but I suspect the such do exist and they are telling. The only major player not mentioned by the aforementioned Charlie Adelson probable is the major beneficiary of the crime, Dr. Wendi Adelson.
The current situation despite the volume of materials collected by the police makes me believe that the effective defenses of SG, KM & the Adelson&#8217;s have won. Unless a miracle disclosure or an unexpected flip-flop of one of the defendants, the State appears to be defeated.
That is why I thought of how people who underwent such intense life changing scrutiny, especially Wendy Adelson, rebuild their lives? In the recording, Dr. Jeffrey Lacasse alludes to the sexual attraction from Dr. Wendy Adelson that beguiled him. With such drives, she must be actively dating someone who does not know much or who is willing to quiet legitimate fears. How does she regain employment in law practice despite the suspicion, deserved or undeserved, clouding her?
Some professions such as MD, law practice, university teaching etc. are based not only on accumulated technical skills and creativity but also on reputation. I know of a Kentucky MD accused of impropriety with a minor. The accusation never panned to anything solid but the MD&#8217;s reputation and career in the US medical field appeared to be irretrievably ruined. He moved abroad. Will Dr. Wendy Adelson clerk with a judge or teach at a Law School again?

i don't think you fully processed my post. let me rephrase it for you -

to play devil's advocate -

1. yes CA spoke openly in the past about hiring a hitman but he was never serious - but this is precisely how SG would've heard and acted on it. it was said in brief moments of anger and frustration and love for his sister. but KM must have heard him talk about this and then relayed it to SG. this is precisely why SG in his twisted drug-addled criminal delusional mind went ahead with the rogue lone wolf killing. he felt he could get into CA's good graces and inner circle and receive financial and lifestyle rewards as a thank you. CA was horrified when he discovered that SG took his heat of the moment words heard from KM and went ahead with it without his knowledge or consent.
2. the financial transactions was money paid not for the hit but money paid for fear of having these same "thhuggs" kill them too if they refused to pay or go to police. the phone calls etc were part of that. they were scared, they were threatened. they had no choice. what would you do?

i think it's a credible defense strategy.

I comprehend better now. Thank you. It could work with the least educated and biased jury member. As soon as ABC flips and says something to the effect of XYZ told me to push the button on him so that RST will give 15K, the game is over.

oh i don't know if a jury will buy it, but the defense has to come up with something to explain the connection between SG and DM and raise reasonable doubt. presenting this alternate theory might be the best ugly choice out of nothing but ugly choices to choose from.

Hold up. CA and fam paid 100k for the hit. And LG got 35k of that.

So why would CA pay money for his brother in law murder if he wasn't involved?

Whether he talked smack about him or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member