GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Harvey came in late. Remember Charlie said he told them everything. IMO I'll bet he was shocked.

If this is the case, "upsetting your father" would be quite the understatement.

"Now, honey, I don't want you to get upset, but Charles and I have been using your business as a front to pay off a woman who served as an intermediary to help retain two goons to brutally murder Wendi's ex-husband. Oh yeah, and we had to give her your Lexus."

I agree, but just to be sure they could contact the daycare to see if they were there that day, if they kept records from 2+ years ago.

They did - page 120.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 2.07.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 2.07.52 PM.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 311
:laughing:

"Also, Harvey dear, any plans to acquire an Escalade in the near future? Just asking..."

If this is the case, "upsetting your father" would be quite the understatement.

"Now, honey, I don't want you to get upset, but Charles and I have been using your business as a front to pay off a woman who served as an intermediary to help retain two goons to brutally murder Wendi's ex-husband. Oh yeah, and we had to give her your Lexus."

Assume it's true that there are records indicating that the kids were in school at the time that LR says he and SG saw WA with them. Isn't the reasonable explanation LR & SG did see a woman with 2 kids, and that SG honestly (but mistakenly) thought it was WA? And LR honestly (but mistakenly) believed SG was correct? LR says in the video that SG was the one who thought it was WA, and SG called KM afterwards to ask why WA was there. According to LR in the video, KM told SG she thought WA was there to check that the plan was on track, but KM may well have just been making an assumption (which turned out to be wrong). It was the middle of the day -- isn't it most likely that the kids actually were at school?

Welp. If it wasn't WA. Then I'm sure a neighbor would have reported seeing 2 suspicious guys in a car while she was walking with her kids.

But imo. We need to focus on when LR said Garcia called KM after the hit to say that the money better be ready because it was done. And KM says I Know.

Also. Didn't LR girlfriend say KM brought a envelope with big cash to their apartment the next day or so?

They did - page 120.

attachment.php
Forgive me, but this doesn't tell me a dang thing. No dates listed.......
I recall there were 2 trips up to Tallahassee to do the deed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yes, you're right, 2 trips, so we don't know which trip LR said he saw her.

Regarding the sighting.
If i heard correctly, LR said something like " next day, Thursday"
Will listen again, LR has indirect an way of speaking, does not recall times and the narrative is frequently interrupted - perhaps so he cannot rely on a "memorized script"
imo, speculation

Regarding the sighting.
If i heard correctly, LR said something like " next day, Thursday"
Will listen again, LR has indirect an way of speaking, does not recall times and the narrative is frequently interrupted - perhaps so he cannot rely on a "memorized script"
imo, speculation

LR told the truth based on his education and drug use/etoh. KM is in process of flipping (pardon the pun). Also legal eagles are slowing it down. Remember they live in Miami.

The Tallahassee Democrat's report on the LR interview also notes that LR said he and SG spotted WA and kids the day before the murder (i.e., on the second trip.):

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...e-were-coming-up-here-kill-somebody/91847004/

The day before they shot Markel, they were driving a rented Prius near his Trescott Drive home and passed Wendi Adelson walking with her two kids.
Rivera said she looked at the car as they passed. He told Garcia he was nervous about the way she was looking at them.
Rivera said: "Who is this lady, why is she looking so much?"

“Oh, that’s that lady. That’s Wendi," Garcia replied.

The Tallahassee Democrat's report on the LR interview also notes that LR said he and SG spotted WA and kids the day before the murder (i.e., on the second trip.):

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...e-were-coming-up-here-kill-somebody/91847004/

The day before they shot Markel, they were driving a rented Prius near his Trescott Drive home and passed Wendi Adelson walking with her two kids.
Rivera said she looked at the car as they passed. He told Garcia he was nervous about the way she was looking at them.
Rivera said: "Who is this lady, why is she looking so much?"

“Oh, that’s that lady. That’s Wendi," Garcia replied.
There was not a time mentioned. Maybe LR and SG saw her early in the morning or later in the afternoon with the children.

What motivation does LR have to mention this? He doesn't because he's telling them to the best of his abilities/knowledge what happened the day before the murder. And that particular exchange with SG about
who was "the lady walking with the kids"? stood out in his mind. And it stood out in his mind because he was extremely paranoid when she looked at them "funny".

There was not a time mentioned. Maybe LR and SG saw her early in the morning or later in the afternoon with the children.

What motivation does LR have to mention this? He doesn't because he's telling them to the best of his abilities/knowledge what happened the day before the murder. And that particular exchange with SG about
who was "the lady walking with the kids"? stood out in his mind. And it stood out in his mind because he was extremely paranoid when she looked at them "funny".

Speculation, possibility?
WA might have been walking someone else's kids to school as a favour, or even returning them home after a sleepover "play date".

With the limited information that is available to the public, it does not seem that there is a "smoking gun" statement on the wire taps, though I would love to be wrong. What is apparent; however, is that the interaction with the undercover agent provoked a substantial response amongst DA/CA/KM/SG. The probable cause affidavit and the transcript of the Arthur hearing in December indicate that the multiple interactions with the undercover agent provoked lots of concern and anxiety for DA and CA, multiple phone discussions, in person meetings, demands made on KM to identify the person, demands on SG to identify the person, arguments between KM and SG regarding the correct phone number and if the problem had been solved, discussion of paying off the agent/offering "charity"/having the agent killed, and eventually praise for KM after the agent stopped contacting DA.

If the aforementioned people had no involvement whatsoever in the murder of Dan Markel, then why would they care? At worst, they could have told the agent that "we will give you some money just leave us alone," or at best they would have gone to LE and asked for help because they are being harassed/black mailed about a terrible event.

Instead, CA contacts only one ex-girlfriend (who also seems to be the recipient of multiple gifts, cars, cash, cosmetic surgery, fake job--- long after they stopped dating) and has several phone and in person conversations with her. Followed many times by a call to DA to reassure her that the problem is being addressed.

Yet another coincidence in a string of coincidences that seem to haunt the only people to benefit from the cold blooded, extensively premeditated, murder of a father/law professor/human. Brutally killed in a cowardly way--- sitting defenseless, seat belted into his car. Taken forever from his family and children.

Lots of coincidences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speculation, possibility?
WA might have been walking someone else's kids to school as a favour, or even returning them home after a sleepover "play date".

I think LR tried to mention WA to shave off more years.

Or Garcia thought the lady was WA.

But imo. That information is only important if WA was arrested.

But KM defense is definitely going to want jurors to focus on that possible wrong information given by LR to discredit his entire testimony. Jmo.

one faulty remembrance (probably from the passage of time and/or the effects of drugs/booze) does not nullify all of the corroborated-by-the-evidence testimony that LR provided.

one faulty remembrance (probably from the passage of time and/or the effects of drugs/booze) does not nullify all of the corroborated-by-the-evidence testimony that LR provided.

This is true. But as for the alleged spotting of WA and kids near DM's house the day before the murder, I don't think it's a case of "faulty remembrance." Rather, it seems that LR did believe (both at the time and now) that he and SG saw WA and kids, because SG told him (incorrectly, as it turned out) that was who it was. However, even the cops now believe that this alleged encounter could not have taken place, because the kids were in school at the time. As the investigator testified at the bond hearing, LR "must be" "wrong" on this point.

This is true. But as for the alleged spotting of WA and kids near DM's house the day before the murder, I don't think it's a case of "faulty remembrance." Rather, it seems that LR did believe (both at the time and now) that he and SG saw WA and kids, because SG told him (incorrectly, as it turned out) that was who it was. However, even the cops now believe that this alleged encounter could not have taken place, because the kids were in school at the time. As the investigator testified at the bond hearing, LR "must be" "wrong" on this point.

Agree. In LRs mind. Any white women was possibly Wendi. Especially if he was paranoid at the time.

Some thoughts:

1. I suspect the state is holding evidence they have against any other possible suspects very close to their vest. In discovery thus far we've seen bank account details for DA/HA, CA and WA. We also learned they have CA's entire ICloud account. It's plausible to assume that this investigation has produced and not yet disclosed other evidence that could pertain to those not in custody.
  2. I'm thinking back to LR's confession tape. LE made a point to inquire further about that piece of paper with Dan's picture and address that SG was given. They clarified it was typed, not handwritten. So, I think they want to find out what computer produced a document like that. Anyone who uses Word or Goggle Docs knows that if something was created, saved and printed, it could be found again. Unless it was scrubbed very well. If that document was indeed found on a certain someone's computer, well, that looks VERY bad.
  3. KM and SG have case mgmt conferences next week. SG still doesn't have a trial date.
  4. The clock is ticking. If she doesn't move to have it pushed back, KM has less than four weeks until her jury trial.
  5. About any requests to move the trial from Leon County -- it did not work for LR. The judge said that he'd make that determination should there be issues with getting an impartial jury. If they did move it and it was not Orlando, Tampa or Miami, there is a likely chance the defendants would be worse off regarding a sympathetic demographic. It can get "country" about 20 minutes outside of these Florida cities.

the whole episode could be a faulty remembrance including LR's memory of SG telling him it was her. the fog of time and booze/drugs is powerful. who here remembers all of the details exactly from an event 2-3 years ago? add in alcohol and drugs? add in the paranoia and stress of committing a premeditated murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3