GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the June trip was when Garcia and Rivera were seen behind the Markel house - neighbours saw Garcia floundering around in some kind of creek/swampy area, calling attention to himself by yelling and swearing because he was wet. Anyone else remember this?

~E

That was July trip, not June MOO and these are my notes from affidavits from just that specific day

7/17/2014 THURSDAY

12:21 am LR phone with voice event cell site near I-10 and Thomasville Road.

1:00 am Receipt from motel shows that Rivera checked in at 1:00 am into Budget Inn motel 1402 W. Tennessee Street.

1:10 am LR phone even near Budget Inn. Phone stays there till near 11:04 am

Resident of the Ashford Club apartments, 2044 thomasville road say the 2 guys in Prius in parking lot around mid-morning, get out of car and walk down a path behind apt to storm ditch which backs up fenced rear property line of DM on Trescott. Driver was tall wearing ball cap, passenger was short. They came back 10 minutes later, and driver was completely wet and carying something black, and the driver’s pants appeared wet up to the knees.

xx:xx on day before murder, LR phone was in vicinity of Markel residence twice this day. And also Garcia in area of DM home.

Xx:xx??? afternoon LR phone contacts Tallahassee witness to rent a Rodeway Inn motel room N. Monroe street.

Xx:xx?? SG and LR move from Budget Inn to Rodeway Inn.

7:49 pm – 12:01 am show SG phone events, no further phone events from SG until 9:36 next day.

7:43 pm – 12:23 am show LR phone events

Last edited:
IMO...Probably a gun with serial numbers like the one which was used in the murder. If I remember correctly and according to LR's interrogation there were two guns brought up to Tallahassee on the first trip and one on the second.

Iirc, LR said he purchased the black gun before they left on the first trip that was a Smith & Wesson revolver from a kid on the street.

Possibly it could be the long nose gun that he said was also in the car during the first trip is what was transacted at the pawn shop.

Therefore, doubtful that was the revolver/ murder weapon
Moo according to Rivera.

But this was a sale, and before the murder, and the murder weapon was thrown into a body of water.
Thanks and excuse me...We'll see what it was all about when it comes up. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Iirc, LR said he purchased the black gun before they left on the first trip that was a Smith & Wesson revolver from a kid on the street.

Possibly it could be the long nose gun that he said was also in the car during the first trip is what was transacted at the pawn shop.

Therefore, doubtful that was the revolver/ murder weapon
Moo according to Rivera.
The way this trial is going now anything is possible..

Wendy apparently is not smart enough to know that Google Tracks where you travel. It shows she did indeed go down Prescott . The screenshots are from live feed of the trial.

Moo, caught in another lie Wendy!

I agree with the other person up thread, the prosecutor let her lie and just continue to hang herself instead of challenging her. I think the jury will remember this!

ETA, it also clearly and obviously shows that she really had to go out of her way to go to that place to get the liquor. She could have gotten the liquor any other place near her on the interstate or where she was going to lunch supposedly.

Attachments

• 1wendytravelonprescottdrive.JPG
    1wendytravelonprescottdrive.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2wendytraveltoabc.JPG
    2wendytraveltoabc.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 3wendytraveltomozaik.JPG
    3wendytraveltomozaik.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 16
Oh, interesting. I didn't realize this. This could be a problem with ever getting WA prosecuted. I can't think of any direct evidence of her furthering this crime.

On another note, I wonder why Lacasse's testimony about Wendi wasn't hearsay?
The hearsay thing is curious to me -- would love to know the reason. Maybe "encouraging" would be enough to hold someone criminally liable? Strange to think family would have someone kill your ex-husband unless you said ok, do it. JMO.

Phone records show there was an outgoing call the day of Dan Markel's murder at 11:42 AM from Wendi Adelson to Markel. He had already been shot at that time. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

So she called before going to his house. At that point she went to the liquor store and to lunch never calling to see what was happening. Yikes!

I’m shocked that the State is going after WA like this. Delighted yet shocked. This is the consequence of being at best evasive and at worst untruthful on the stand last week.
They are laying out everything for the jury. My guess is that if these two defendants are found guilty, who knows what will happen next.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 23m23 minutes ago
Court's back in session, we're talking to one of the men technical operators with TPD on the case. This will mostly focus on cell phone records. That's been a big deal for attorney's. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 11m11 minutes ago
We are now hearing testimony from TPD's Chris Corbett. He is going over evidence of Wendi Adelson's phone records showing where she had been. Records also show that she attempted to call Markel at 11;42 am, after he had already been shot.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 14m14 minutes ago
This testimony is focusing on Wendi Adelson's cell activity the day of the murder and how investigators worked to get access to the Adelson's, Magbanua, Garcia, and Rivera's phone's. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 12m12 minutes ago
A TPD Officer who analyzes cell phone records is on the witness stand to talk about Wendi Adelsons phone activity the day of the murder @WCTV

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 11m11 minutes ago
Pings from Wendi Adelson's phone the day of the murder show her starting at home home on Aqua Ridge Way, to Trescott Drive, to the ABC store on Thomasville, to Mosaic for lunch. Detective Isom picked her up from Mozaik for questioning after Dan died. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 10m10 minutes ago
Phone records show there was an outgoing call the day of Dan Markel's murder at 11:42 AM from Wendi Adelson to Markel. He had already been shot at that time. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 10m10 minutes ago
But she did not call her children’s preschool or 911 after coming to a roadblock on Trescott Drive at which she could see the massive police presence

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 10m10 minutes ago
Wendi Adelson called Dan Markel at 11:42 a.m.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 8m8 minutes ago
Adelson's ABC receipt shows she bought liquor at 12:49 PM. No other calls to Markel after the first one. Adelson also did not call her child's daycare or 911 #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 6m6 minutes ago
We're now seeing closer liquor stores between her home and Mozaik that Adelson could've gone to that wouldn't have passed Trescott Drive. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 7m7 minutes ago
Corbett noted she did not take the most direct route to the nearest liquor store. She went to ABC Liquor instead of a Publix Liquor store that was closer to her final destination.

ETA, it also clearly and obviously shows that she really had to go out of her way to go to that place to get the liquor. She could have gotten the liquor any other place near her on the interstate or where she was going to lunch supposedly.

Oh, but she isn't familiar with liquor stores, right? She just went to the first one should could think of!

Such B.S. All mothers of toddlers know where the closest place to buy alcohol is.

The hearsay thing is curious to me -- would love to know the reason. Maybe "encouraging" would be enough to hold someone criminally liable? Strange to think family would have someone kill your ex-husband unless you said ok, do it. JMO.

I recently watched an ID show about a woman who dressed up like a man, approached her son's wife (ex wife?) in a parking lot, and shot her dead. The son had no idea. Gonna try to figure out what that show was and who that was.

Wendy apparently is not smart enough to know that Google Tracks where you travel. It shows she did indeed go down Prescott . The screenshots are from live feed of the trial.

Moo, caught in another lie Wendy!

I agree with the other person up thread, the prosecutor let her lie and just continue to hang herself instead of challenging her. I think the jury will remember this!

Was there any testimony on the time she pinged driving down by Trescott? Does it gel with the noon ish tine the TPD officer saw the burgundy van?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member