GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 2h2 hours ago
A childhood friend of Katherine Magbanua is now testifying. Yindra Velazquez Mascaro. She went to highschool with her and Magbanua is her youngest child's Godmother.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2h2 hours ago
Katherine Magbanau's childhood friend is now on the stand. Magbanua's is her youngest child's Godmother. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

She says she also grew up with Sigfredo Garcia and remembers them dating for a long time. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

She says she knew Luis Rivera and Sigfredo Garcia since childhood. She also remembers Katherine Magbanua working at SoFi Dental Care & Orthodontics.

Says that Katherine Magbanua worked at Club Fate in Miami as a bartender in the latter part of 2013. She says she eventually quit at SoFi before doing Club Fate full time.

She and Katherine both worked together at Hollywood Live another nightclub in Tallahassee.

She says Magbanua offered liquor tastings outside of clubs and also started working at a dental office in South Beach around 2011. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

She says after Katherine left that job around May of 2014 she worked at a dermatology office for a couple of months. The dermatologist was a former roommate for Charlie Adelson.

According to Magbanua's friend, she quit her job in a nightclub around April or May of 2014. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

The friend says she started working at a dermatology office after that. Charlie Adelson's best friend and former roommate owned the dermatology office. She only worked there for a few months. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Yindra Velazquez Mascaro (Magbanua's best friend) said Magbanua met Charlie Adelson when she worked at SoFi Dental. He would come in to do specialized dental work from time to time. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Velazquez Mascaro says Garcia and Magbanua got back together around May 2015. They even moved in together. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Velazquez Mascaro says the Lexus that Magbanua got from Adelson's was well kept and pristine. She says she assumed it was a gift from Charlie. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Velazquez Mascaro says Magbanua asked her to watch her kids in July 2014. The next day, Magbanua called her and said Charlie's brother in law had an "Accident." Magbanua said Charlie Adelson planned to drive up to Tallahassee to check on his sister.. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Velazquez Mascaro says Magbanua never told her anything about employment with the Adelson's. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 2h2 hours ago
Friend says she was not aware of Magbanua working for Charlie Adelson or the Adelson family dental practice @WCTV

Garcia's attorney Saam Zangeneh is now getting to the bottom of Velazquez Mascaro's relationship with Luis Rivera. She says they were never close and she never hung out with him unless everyone was together. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1h1 hour ago
Magbanua's best friend says Garcia was furious about Magbanua's relationship with Charlie Adelson. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua says she got a breast augmentation during the time she was dating Charlie Adelson, says it cost close to 7 thousand dollars.

Magbanau's friend says Katherine went into a sort of hiding after Sigfredo Garcia was arrested. Said she saw her less and only messaged to check up on kids every now and then.

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 55m55 minutes ago
Friend says she and Magbanua worked in the same club and could make $400 to $500 a night in cash working bottle service @WCTV

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 49m49 minutes ago
Velazquez Mascaro said they would bring home $400-500 on a good night at the club. On average, it was $100-200 per night. They would only work two nights. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 45m45 minutes ago
Magbanua's best friend said that she rarely watched Magbanua's kids. She was asked to watch them the day before the murder. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 45m45 minutes ago
Velazquez Mascaro is now off the stand. Before she got down she noted that when she worked at the club with Magbanua they'd earn up to $500 dollars on a good night. Usually it was $100-$200 though. Also stated that the day before the murder Magbanua asked her to watch her kids.

I kept seeing FSU Law Professor Murder Trial and I didn't realize it was THIS case. Wow. I have to catch up. I'm listening to the judge's opening instructions and his voice is quivering so much. It's making me anxious. LOL.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 45m45 minutes ago
Clariza Laredo is now on the stand. She says she has worked for the Adelson Institute for about 40 years. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 44m44 minutes ago
This employee is Harvey Adelson's dental assistant. She listed the employees that she could think of in 2015. Katherine Magbanua was not included in her list. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 46m46 minutes ago
Harvey Adelson's dental assistant is now on the stand. She's worked at the Adelson Institute for 40 years.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 45m45 minutes ago
She named off a list of people who worked in the office, Katherine Magbanua was not one.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 39m39 minutes ago
The dental assistant says she doesn't know Katherine Magbanua. She says she only knows Magbanua from a couple of visits as a patient. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 37m37 minutes ago
Said she knew Magbanua as a patient only

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 42m42 minutes ago
She directly says now that she does not know a Katherine Magbanua, she says Magbanua was a patient at the office. Says she believes she was a patient one day in her chair. Says she could've came in for a cleaning also but other than that she hasn't seen her at the business.

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 39m39 minutes ago
Dental assistant told police she was not familiar with Katherine Magbanua, Magbanua didn’t work there but may have been a patient @WCTV

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 40m40 minutes ago
She says she is a salaried employee that gets paid on a bi-weekly cycle. She says she has never been paid prior to completing work and has never received multiple paychecks unless it was during the holidays, when the Adelson's would go out of town.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 37m37 minutes ago
She said that pay checks came every 2 weeks. They only for paychecks in advance if the Adelson's would be on vacation. She also said she's never known of any employee working remotely. Magbanua says her job at the Adelson Institute was remote. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 40m40 minutes ago
She says she is currently still working there and has never known for there to be an off-site position for the job.

Ms. V-M babysat KM's kids overnight the night before DM was murdered.

This was confusing to me, so I actually did a transcription of all of this, and then I did the timeline of the phone calls. They were done after midnight. There were no calls from SG before midnight to km. This, I would consider the night before the murder.

Q. I want to talk about the statement that the state elicitated on direct examination. We talked about that statement that Catherine made to you when she called about an accident. You remember that?
A. Yes
Q. Now the State termed it as an accident but that's not what you said right?
A. Excuse me
Q. The state said that Katie said to you Charlie says that he's been in an accident, the brother in law in Tallassee, right?
A. Yes
Q. but that's not what Katie said. isn't it true that she said that Charlie said to you his brother-in-law has been in a car accident and he needs to go to Tallahassee.
A. Idon't recall. I recall accident but I don't recall I said said it was a car accident but it's possible.
Q. Would looking at your deposition refresh your recollection?
.......... you can just read right here okay just let me know ..
Q. What did she say to you?
A. Car accident
Q. Now this is what she is telling you that Charlie told her
A. correct
Q. okay you don't remember exactly what day this was?
A. No.
Q. Could it have been July 19th?
A. Could have been
Q. Could have been 20th? 21st? But you don't know?
A. No
Q. But the thing that you remember is her saying that Charlie said that his brother got into a car accident.
A. Brother-in-law, Yes.
Q. And that that's what you told her
A. yes
Q. now when she is telling you this anything weird on her voice or is it does it sound like she was concerned
A yes
Q she was concerned
A. Yes
Q. And she was asking to go for you to watch the kids so she could see him before he went to Tallahassee
A. Yes
Q.She never went to Tallahassee
A. No
Q. She never mentioned any names like Dan Markel, or Wendi Adelson
A. No
Q. none of that
A. No

Timeline...

7/18/2014 FRIDAY

12:01 am KM phone contacts SG phone, duration over 1 minute

12:07 am CA phone conacts KM phone, duration over 7 minutes

12:23 am LR phone event of SMS event by Rodeway

12:26 am sureptitious GPS shows car near N. Monroe street and 6th avenue.

12:34 am KM phone contacts CA phone, duration less than 1 minute

1:02 am CA phone contacts DA phone (no duration listed)

1:03 am CA phone contacts KM phone, duration 20 minutes

I kept seeing FSU Law Professor Murder Trial and I didn't realize it was THIS case. Wow. I have to catch up. I'm listening to the judge's opening instructions and his voice is quivering so much. It's making me anxious. LOL.

I was the same way about his voice but have grown to really like him. You will get used to it. :)

Does anyone know what kind of plea deal was offered to KM prior to trial? I thought I read that she was given full immunity if she would testify against CA and DA. I wondered if this included her testimony and no jail time? or was some jail time included?

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 29m29 minutes ago
Erika Johnson is up next. She works another dental assistant for both Harvey and Charlie Adelson at the Adelson Institute. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 33m33 minutes ago
Erika Johnson a dental assistant to the Adelson's at their institute is now on the stand.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 32m32 minutes ago
She says that the Adelson Institute gives discounts for medical procedures if people can pay in cash as opposed to card or check.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 26m26 minutes ago
This dental assistant also listed employees. Just like the last employee, Katherine Magbanua didn't come up on the list. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 21m21 minutes ago
We're now listening to a phone call between Erica Johnson and Charlie Adelson. It happened right after police asked if Magbanua worked there and for employment records. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 21m21 minutes ago
We are now listening to the phone call between Erika and Charlie Adelson that took place after law enforcement arrived at the Adelson Institute. He tells her, "Do me a favor I'm going to call you from a land line on your cell phone."

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 19m19 minutes ago
The call ends with Charlie Adelson saying he'll call her from a landline on his cell phone. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 17m17 minutes ago
Erika Johnson: "I don't think it's fair to record someone without their knowledge." The phone was wire tapped.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 16m16 minutes ago
Erika also said the name Katie and not Katherine Magbanua, seems she must've known who she was prior to law enforcement showing up.

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 15m15 minutes ago
Charlie Adelson tells her to tell investigators its not his office. The dental assistant definitely sounds like she knew who Katherine Magbanua was

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 13m13 minutes ago
A violation of court rules has been spotted multiple times. People who are to be called to testify have been watching the live stream and speaking with one another. Specifically the Adelson Institute employees were seen doing so today. Not sure if any action is being taken.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 8m8 minutes ago
Johnson says it is fair to say that she doesn't know whether or not Katherine Magbanua worked at the Adelson Institute. On the call with Charlie she said she told officers Magbanua did work there.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 4m4 minutes ago
Court is now on a lunch break until 1. Erika Johnson is expected back on the stand.

This morning on the stand, Charlie's old girlfriend stated he had a safe in his bedroom that was the size of a refrigerator. And that he had stacks of stapeled $100 cash she had seen.

Stapled!? I missed this morning’s testimony!

Is it a habit for people with that kind of cash to staple it together? Didn’t LR say the cash he received was stabled?

Erika Johnson clearly did not want to listen to the recorded call between her and CA!

I wonder if the employees got substantial raises after July 2014. I wonder how their current salary compares to other employees of other dental practices. Would be interesting to know because the employees seem QUITE loyal.

Judge is making this lady listen to the tape whether she likes it or not, lol

ETA, interesting how none of them want their memories refreshed.
She still works for them. How awkward! If I had been employed at the Adelson Institute and found out about the murder for hire —I’d leave that job running!

Stapled!? I missed this morning’s testimony!

Is it a habit for people with that kind of cash to staple it together? Didn’t LR say the cash he received was stabled?

Yes, the cash LR was stapled.

In the gf's prior deposition she told police she said to Charlie, "Stapled?! Why is that stapled? Why not just paper clip it?"

Does anyone know what kind of plea deal was offered to KM prior to trial? I thought I read that she was given full immunity if she would testify against CA and DA. I wondered if this included her testimony and no jail time? or was some jail time included?

Not sure, but surprised she wouldn’t have taken it by now.

Things are getting serious...

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 29m29 minutes ago
Erika Johnson is up next. She works another dental assistant for both Harvey and Charlie Adelson at the Adelson Institute. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 33m33 minutes ago
Erika Johnson a dental assistant to the Adelson's at their institute is now on the stand.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 32m32 minutes ago
She says that the Adelson Institute gives discounts for medical procedures if people can pay in cash as opposed to card or check.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 26m26 minutes ago
This dental assistant also listed employees. Just like the last employee, Katherine Magbanua didn't come up on the list. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 21m21 minutes ago
We're now listening to a phone call between Erica Johnson and Charlie Adelson. It happened right after police asked if Magbanua worked there and for employment records. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 21m21 minutes ago
We are now listening to the phone call between Erika and Charlie Adelson that took place after law enforcement arrived at the Adelson Institute. He tells her, "Do me a favor I'm going to call you from a land line on your cell phone."

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 19m19 minutes ago
The call ends with Charlie Adelson saying he'll call her from a landline on his cell phone. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 17m17 minutes ago
Erika Johnson: "I don't think it's fair to record someone without their knowledge." The phone was wire tapped.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 16m16 minutes ago
Erika also said the name Katie and not Katherine Magbanua, seems she must've known who she was prior to law enforcement showing up.

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 15m15 minutes ago
Charlie Adelson tells her to tell investigators its not his office. The dental assistant definitely sounds like she knew who Katherine Magbanua was

A violation of court rules has been spotted multiple times. People who are to be called to testify have been watching the live stream and speaking with one another. Specifically the Adelson Institute employees were seen doing so today. Not sure if any action is being taken.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 8m8 minutes ago
Johnson says it is fair to say that she doesn't know whether or not Katherine Magbanua worked at the Adelson Institute. On the call with Charlie she said she told officers Magbanua did work there.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 4m4 minutes ago
Court is now on a lunch break until 1. Erika Johnson is expected back on the stand.

From the tweets you posted, this is not good:

I just watched J Lacasse. Doesn't seem that, at least for a brief moment, WA may have considered making him the fall guy?
Who tells anyone who they're dating, just don't call me for a week?
Such a definite time period.
This is such a cautionary note to all single men: beware who you meet; looks and personality are simply a veneer.
Dan, Jeff, and Travis A. all ran into sweet, innocent, and sympathetic buzzsaws.
I remember reading that when WA accepted his marriage proposal, DM told all of his friends that he felt like the luckiest man in the world. The poor guy - he had no idea about the nest of vipers he was about to marry into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc