GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That attorney had money enough to leave. WA said her parents are not millionaires. Was that a lie? Or maybe they were before patients stopped coming to the office? I’d wager this has definitely put a strain on their ability to fill up time slots. JMO

I have no doubt HA and DA were well off in their heyday. CA just probably liked to live large. I agree their business must be suffering now. They may still have a few million, especially considering property owned, but how far can a couple of million go abroad with no plan to keep money rolling in? Could CA practice in another country? I think HA is just about retired or is ready to anyway. They could try to leave but their way of life would be much different, IMO.

That attorney had money enough to leave. WA said her parents are not millionaires. Was that a lie? Or maybe they were before patients stopped coming to the office? I’d wager this has definitely put a strain on their ability to fill up time slots. JMO
Maybe WA was not asked the right question, they should have asked if they were billionaires. imo.

Yindra (KM BFF) testified that the Lexus was in pristine condition. So much for the major KM defense theme that it was an old broken down piece of crap.

And so much for the defense claim that KM really worked for the Adelsons dentist office. She worked for them alright, but it had nothing to do with dentistry.

Good for this witness for coming in and being honest and forthcoming even though I’m sure it’s hard to testify for the prosecution against a dear friend.

Has anyone mentioned a safe in the Adelson family home filled with stacks of cash?

Georgia Cappleman asked WA about that. I’m thinking there has to be somebody who reported seeing that safe for the prosecution to ask the question.

I have no doubt HA and DA were well off in their heyday. CA just probably liked to live large. I agree their business must be suffering now. They may still have a few million, especially considering property owned, but how far can a couple of million go abroad with no plan to keep money rolling in? Could CA practice in another country? I think HA is just about retired or is ready to anyway. They could try to leave but their way of life would be much different, IMO.

HA may be the only one who doesn't go to prison.

Ms. V-M babysat KM's kids overnight the night before DM was murdered.

If she was babysitting the kids, where was Katie that Thursday night? Hmmmm

The night before he was murdered was Thursday night. In the middle of the night after midnight, Charlie and Katie were communicating by cellular.

7/18/2014 FRIDAY

12:01 am KM phone contacts SG phone, duration over 1 minute

12:07 am CA phone conacts KM phone, duration over 7 minutes

12:23 am LR phone event of SMS event by Rodeway

12:26 am sureptitious GPS shows car near N. Monroe street and 6th avenue.

12:34 am KM phone contacts CA phone, duration less than 1 minute

1:02 am CA phone contacts DA phone (no duration listed)

1:03 am CA phone contacts KM phone, duration 20 minutes

Sources for above times

1- SG 6/24/2016 States response to defendant’s motion for bond hearing- is within first post on threads as to link and is 46 pages1

2- Charlie Adelsons Probable cause

Has anyone mentioned a safe in the Adelson family home filled with stacks of cash?

Georgia Cappleman asked WA about that. I’m thinking there has to be somebody who reported seeing that safe for the prosecution to ask the question.

This morning on the stand, Charlie's old girlfriend stated he had a safe in his bedroom that was the size of a refrigerator. And that he had stacks of stapeled $100 cash she had seen.

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 3h3 hours ago
Sigfredo Garcia and Katherine Magbanua waiting for testimony to start, day 5 of conspiracy and murder trial @JulieMontanaroW

EF9EoaDX0AEjJ53.jpg

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 2h2 hours ago
Welcome back. We're going to start the morning in court discussing the ever-popular jury instructions.
GCpd8nGW

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 2h2 hours ago
Defense teams requesting jury not consider any lesser charges than first degree murder, state wants second degree murder and manslaughter as choices. Judge sides with state @WCTV

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2h2 hours ago
Before the jury walks in, the judge and attorneys are discussing charges. The state is asking the jury to consider lesser charges. Defense disagrees. Judge Hankinson will allow jury to consider manslaughter and second degree. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Neither defense team is going to seek to allow the jury to consider any lesser charges, but Judge Hankinson said he will allow the panel to consider manslaughter and second-degree murder

Charlie Adelson’s ex-girlfriend on stand now, says she spoke to him yesterday @WCTV

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 2h2 hours ago
First witness is now up, June Umchinda, one of Charlie Adelson's ex-girlfriend. She says that Charlie's demeanor changed when more clues were developed with the case.

Adelsons ex says they’ve talked about the Markel case, says he’s never made any admissions @WCTV

She says Charlie Adelson never admitted to involvement in the murder. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Adelson’s ex says Charlie was nervous and worried after murder arrests in 2016, sleeping with a gun, but says he usually does @WCTV

She says when the arrests happened, Adelson started to act stressed and irrational. She says he wouldn't tell her what the problem was. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Says Charlie would have access to large amount of cash in side of a safe in his house. A safe the size of a fridge.

She says she noticed that Charlie Adelson had money stapled together. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Noticed cash in Charlie Adelson’s home was stapled in stacks, ex says, Rivera described his cash payment for murder similarly @WCTV

Umchinda said Adelson was acting stressed when folks started getting arrested. Said she noticed $100 bills with staples in them

Remember, Rivera said he received money in stacks of $100 bills stapled together

She says the money he had was stapled. Similar to the money inside of the brown paper bag that Rivera received from Garcia the day after Markel was killed.

"One thing I did I thought was weird," Umchinda said in an interview with investigators. "He was giving money to count and all of his money is stapled together in hundreds."

June Umchinda is Charlie Adelson's ex-girlfriend. They were together from October 2015- June 2017. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

June Umchinda says she never knew that her conversation with investigators was being recorded. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Adelsons ex-girlfriend says FBI agents came to her home multiple times, banging on the door, says she believes she was recorded without her knowledge @WCTV

Umchinda says investigators questioned her during a bad time when she and Adelson weren't together. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

I think this is what you were referring to?

More Disturbing Details About The Dan Markel Murder Case

Three days after Markel was killed, a judge signed a search warrant for information on Wendi Adelson’s phone and investigators began searching her Web browser and email records.

On her computer, investigators found Google Chrome keyword searches for Markel’s girlfriend Amy Adler, Adler’s ex-husband and Adler’s brother. They also found that Wendi Adelson had searched several *advertiser censored* sites for “teacher/student *advertiser censored*.”

Also at this above link

“Lacasse, an FSU professor, was cleared as a suspect a few days after Markel’s death.

Several weeks later, on Aug. 12, Lacasse contacted Tallahassee police investigators to tell them about text messages between him and Wendi Adelson he had been reviewing. He said he and Adelson made reservations to travel to California July 11 to 17.

She canceled plans on June 4”

NOTE BY ME.... June 4th was the date that SG and LR went from Miami to Tally the first time.

And of course their July trip was when he was actually killed, and it would do no good for her to blame him if she was out of town with him.

ETA More also at

TaxProf Blog: Documents Reveal Wendi Adelson's Odd Behavior After Murder Of Dan Markel

That is what I meant to say. Thank you.
I wonder why these details, timeline, and dates were not asked of the FSU Prof?

"We met briefly, she worked at the dermatologist front desk." - Umchida
Speaking about if she ever saw Katherine Magbanua working at the Adelson Institute.

Umchinda says she remembers that Charlie Adelson gave Katherine Magbanua a Lexus that his dad no longer wanted. She doesn't know if it was paid for but she doesn't remember hearing about any.

Umchinda testified when she first spoke with law enforcement she was 'bitter' at the time because her and Charlie had broken up, due to him getting a girl pregnant. Today she said her and Charlie spoke yesterday. Added that she didn't think they would ever speak again.

She said she spoke to Adelson yesterday, but they didn't talk about her testimony today. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Umchinda says the investigators told her that the conversation would be confidential and nothing would be recorded. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Umchinda says that Charlie Adelson and his family said that Magbanua worked for them. But she learned about that after the relationship ended. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Umchinda says she texted Charlie that she was flying to Tallahassee. She says they texted back and forth throughout the night. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Umchinda started dating Charlie in 2015 after the Dan Markel murder. Saam Zangeneh is making it clear that she didn't know anything about Charlie Adelson prior to their relationship. Also brings up that when she spoke to police she was upset with Charlie Adelson.

Umchinda says she began looking at a lot of the media stuff about the case after her picture was used on the news. It was used because the media mistook her to be Katherine Magbanua.

She says from what she saw a case was trying to be built on Katherine Magbanua and Charlie Adelson. Adelson has never been arrested in connection with Dan Markel's murder.

She says her and Charlie texted throughout the night last night. She says they didn't discuss the case but she did mention she would be testifying in court today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne