GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the strange phone call between CA and KM today around 3:15, I became nauseous. He’s her third favorite Jew? Do you think she is so enamored with him, she has illusions of ending up with him? He is a real charmer, typical of a sociopath, and you know he really wanted to get off the phone with her, but he didn’t. Hope his patient wasn’t waiting on him with his mouth open!

Listening to the strange phone call between CA and KM today around 3:15, I became nauseous. He’s her third favorite Jew? Do you think she is so enamored with him, she has illusions of ending up with him? He is a real charmer, typical of a sociopath, and you know he really wanted to get off the phone with her, but he didn’t. Hope his patient wasn’t waiting on him with his mouth open!

Yeah, that whole conversation was gag inducing. Their stupid little "fireside chats". It was beyond ridiculous. Charlie sounded like he wanted to get back in her pants and KM was falling for it hook, line and sinker. I kept hoping Garcia would stand up in the middle of the courtroom, yell "Enough" and decide to flip on KM.

It's crazy the things he's bringing up, making it seem like they are important because of the sound of his voice. He's all over the place and it seems like his whole defense tactic is to confuse the jury into thinking there's reasonable doubt since he's talking like there is......
That’s what defense attorneys do at times when they have nothing - try and confuse the jury. I find it sickening to be quite honest but I guess that’s their job. :/

Where is this said? I could not find it. Thanks ahead.

Respectfully, I don't have the time to go through all of today's testimony to find it, but twice in the recordings we heard today Charlie Adelson theorizes that the whole reason for his mom being approached on the street with the "paper/flyer" was because someone in his family must owe someone some money....he said he has a really big family, cousins and what-not, and specifically mentioned his brother twice, wondering if maybe HE owed someone money. The first time he even said something about how he'd turn his brother in for the reward money if his brother was responsible for Dan's murder (although I don't think he said "Dan's murder" specifically).

That’s what defense attorneys do at times when they have nothing - try and confuse the jury. I find it sickening to be quite honest but I guess that’s their job. :/

Yeah, I guess....I don't get why anyone would ever want to be a defense attorney.

Never heard about Robert. Why is he estranged?
TaxProf Blog: The Dan Markel Murder:Fascinating Details About The Adelson Family Dynamics
Nov 4 2016
"Wendi has another brother, Robert Adelson, who has flown under the radar — partly because, as noted by our first source, he’s estranged from the rest of the family. ...

Robert Adelson is a well-established, well-regarded doctor, who lives in Albany, New York. ... He was engaged to a fellow doctor, an Indian-American woman who specializes in emergency medicine — but that engagement ended, in part due to Donna’s interference.

He then married “a nice Jewish girl,” but that marriage ended in short order. He eventually married the Indian-American doctor — and broke off (or significantly reduced) contact with the rest of the Adelson family. He and his wife remain happily married, with children — but because of his estrangement from the family, Donna must focus her grandmotherly energies on Wendi’s two kids with Danny."

TaxProf Blog: Week 2 Highlights Of The Dan Markel Murder Trial
Monday, October 7, 2019

• Repeated phone calls between Adelson family and defendants on day of Markel's murder
  • $41,000 in cash deposits in Katherine Magbanua’s bank account and $17,000 in checks to Maganua from Donna Adelson and the Adelson Institute after Markel's murder
  • Testimony of Charlie Adelson's ex-girlfriend
  • Testimony of Wendi Adelson's ex-boyfriend
  • Testimony of Louis Rivera
  • Case may go to jury on Wednesday

Did not know there was another brother, Robert. He seems like an upstanding citizen with a beautiful family. Why doesn’t DA care for these grandchildren? After some searching, he is also friends with the victim’s father. Good for him. Hoping for justice for Dan.

IMHO

Yes! I do think she is enamored with him, and I think it’s a very real possibility
that this is the reason why she hasn’t flipped on him (yet). Maybe she thinks when the trial is over and she’s acquitted that she’ll be rewarded both financially and personally for her loyalty - and they’ll run off together and live happily ever after. Doubtful it’ll happen. I don’t believe she will be acquitted, and even if she is - I don’t believe she means all that much to CA. She was just another one of his “throw away” girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx