GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Judge is really great.
My fave from today, as DeCoste tried to argue that some evidence should not be presented today because it came in late.

Judge: When did you get them, Mr. DeCoste?
DeCoste: When the Court did on Friday, Your Honor.
Judge: Well, I've had the time to review them, so I guess you did too.

Then in the same breath moving onto the next issue.

ha!!!

Here’s another theory about why KM is not cooperating:

I wonder if KM is involved in other criminal activity? This can’t be her first crime. I mean, to jump from a life of no crime to arranging a murder-for-hire is quite a jump. I wonder if she’s been involved with CA or possibly others in some ongoing criminal activity. Maybe drugs or some other fraudulent crimes. And I wonder if Garcia knows about it. The way he talked to her on the wiretaps makes me think he was not completely whipped like I originally thought.

So if she flips and gives up SG then I wonder if she might be exposing herself and others in whatever criminal activity she’s been involved in (possibly including CA). Because SG might feel like he has nothing to lose and go all balls to the wall at that point.

Why the long sleeves on a hot Florida summer day? Maybe tattoo hiding? Although with the lack of covering their tracks they did, it surprises me they would be careful about that. Case in point when driving your assassin-mobile you already dumbly rented using your own ID don't roll up to an ATM and use your own bank card.

So many Karma moments! You just made me choke on my wine from laughing.

Dumb and Dumber

I wonder if KM is involved in other criminal activity? This can’t be her first crime. I mean, to jump from a life of no crime to arranging a murder-for-hire is quite a jump. I wonder if she’s been involved with CA or possibly others in some ongoing criminal activity. Maybe drugs or some other fraudulent crimes. And I wonder if Garcia knows about it. The way he talked to her on the wiretaps makes me think he was not completely whipped like I originally thought.

So if she flips and gives up SG then I wonder if she might be exposing herself and others in whatever criminal activity she’s been involved in (possibly including CA). Because SG might feel like he has nothing to lose and go all balls to the wall at that point.

I've been wondering the same. I mean, if CA isn't the actual reason she continues to refuse to flip... Then what could it be? Is there someone or something much worse she would suffer? I can't imagine she's just this loyal to CA.

I've been wondering the same. I mean, if CA isn't the actual reason she continues to refuse to flip... Then what could it be? Is there someone or something much worse she would suffer? I can't imagine she's just this loyal to CA.

And it would explain some other third party (not CA) paying for their defense. There has to be a bigger player connected to KM that she can’t risk exposing. I can’t imagine it’s her loyalty to CA that’s keeping her quiet.

I don't think the State's Attorney's are wanting her to flip on SG. They have got that covered.

They want her to flip on the Adelsons. And so does everybody else that is following this trial perhaps.

PERIOD.

Imho

I don't think the State's Attorney's are wanting her to flip on SG. They have got that covered.

They want her to flip on the Adelsons. And so does everybody else that is following this trial perhaps.

PERIOD.

Imho

Yes but flipping on CA necessitates flipping on SG. She would have to testify about the whole conspiracy. SG is a part of it.

PERIOD.

Imho
Yes, but in flipping and telling the (alleged) story about CA she will likely also have to implicate SG. It's all one (alleged) integrated story. JMO.

Listening to the calls today, I'm wondering.
And, I know that this is crazy - so go ahead and shoot me down pronto.
But, could KM have already flipped?
Even already flipped at the time those calls with SG and CA were made?
There are just so many times over the phone that CA is goading her or asking her to be specific, but she never gives.
Like she's providing a venue on those calls for CA to cough it up.
And, her defense is a sham - just a way to get all of the evidence in?
Trust me - I'm no legal eagle, but what do you think?

IMO. I don't believe this was the first rodeo for KM/SG/LR doing this exact type of activity...SG to LR we are going to go do a job...Picks up a cold gun in the neighborhood and heads to Tallahassee. Routine...this was the first time all right...the first time they got caught. Law enforcement should check the other 66 counties in the State of Florida for unsolved murders regarding this style of execution for the past 10-15 years.

Last edited:
In Fla I think a 1st degree murder conviction carries only two possible sentences -- death or life in prison. If both KM and SG are convicted here (and both then presumably face life in prison) there may be a race between them as to who flips first. JMO.

There are just so many times over the phone that CA is goading her or asking her to be specific, but she never gives.

THAT would be something!!! I have to chew on this more....

In a word -- no. IMO, both SG and KM's defenses in this case are really implausible and Hail Marys. Also, ethically, the State would have had to disclose to SG that KM had flipped. Failure to disclose that would be unreal. Would not happen. JMO.

Yes but flipping on CA necessitates flipping on SG. She would have to testify about the whole conspiracy. SG is a part of it.

By that time, the case is already done. She doesn't need to flip on him at that time m o o

I can't think of any case or situation where ethics would let somebody go to trial when they had already made a deal.

Do you guys see a possible scenario where they acquit KM but convict SG? I just can't see this happening as there was no direct communication between CA and SG (to my knowledge). I'm just thinking through the different possible outcomes. This is such a unique trial because they are being tried together and LR has implicated them both.

CA is comforting DA. Just bending over backwards here. Very illuminating about the dynamics in this family. And what CA's role is in the family. He wants mommy's approval, me thinks. That's why he did all this. And Wendi is the golden child.
A psychologist would have a field day analyzing the Adelson family dynamics. As for the golden child - I remember reading a media interview with a friend of the family who said that DA and HA had an entire area of the house plastered with photographs of WA from childhood on: he described it as a "shrine".

Do you guys see a possible scenario where they acquit KM but convict SG? I just can't see this happening as there was no direct communication between CA and SG (to my knowledge). I'm just thinking through the different possible outcomes. This is such a unique trial because they are being tried together and LR has implicated them both.
No. JMO.

A psychologist would have a field day analyzing the Adelson family dynamics. As for the golden child - I remember reading a media interview with a friend of the family who said that DA and HA had an entire area of the house plastered with photographs of WA from childhood on: he described it as a "shrine".
The whole case is a psychological field day -- KM/SG; KM/CA; June U/CA; LR and his "brother" SG...so many ties. JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member