GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie's baby mama better watch her back.....one false move....
Right?
I’m just thinking of how, per the unsealed affidavit re CA, Probable-Cause-Affidavit-Charlie-Adelson.pdf

the recorded meeting with KM after the undercover agent approached DM .......he instructs KM to kill the guy or he (CA) will find somebody to do it!

Are people of South Florida still letting this character near their tender gums with sharp objects?

I only remember because this week I have been listening to the podcast “Over My Dead Body” and in 2016 the police had a wiretap on KM’s phone just before and after SG was arrested.
There is a phone call right after SG’s arrest where LR’s girlfriend calls her and is like- we need to talk now in person and when KM doesn’t meet her as planned right away leaves a message saying that she (KM) knows what it’s about.

What I found so disdainful today (many things though, this is just one )was both of the defense attorneys were shouting out to the entire world in real-time what the current emails and or phone numbers and names of the innocent children and their baby momma parents were.

To me, mentioning the names of the children who were in no way related to the case at all were mentioned and the addresses and emails and phone numbers Etc. Without any reason.

Also, I do like the respect that the court is giving the different cultures here.

We have an attorney who does not speak like some expect, we have one person on the stand who says the word and f*ck, and another one during his testimony also said bad curse words.

Not once did the judge or anyone else challenge him to turn the curse words down. They both use the words and their General speaking patterns as an exclamation, were exclamatory by both of them. It's just the way they talked and they were respected for not being dirty cursing, but that is just the way their culture was.

I smiled at that actually as I realized a homeless man and somebody else that did not have the correct upbringing to not know to say that in court just blurted it out.
Moo

I know the Sievers case is starting soon, and I want to give recognition to that case and to follow it, but this one I'm going to stick with till the end.

And it may not just be the end of this trial.

Dan's loved ones, I hope you know this is one of the more justice-oriented cases I have followed. And I do hope that the jury sees it as clearly as day as all of us do here.

Moo

G-d is not done, and neither is the State of Florida ( which for some reason, both defense attorneys like to call " the government ".)

Pfft

Moo

Last edited:
There is a phone call right after SG’s arrest where LR’s girlfriend calls her and is like- we need to talk now in person and when KM doesn’t meet her as planned right away leaves a message saying that she (KM) knows what it’s about.

Yes, that is on the episode of Tato and Tuto, episode #4 of Tally on the podcast of "Over My Dead Body"

Last edited:
Wondering if the Adelsons knew about Rivera's involvement before he was arrested?

Hmmm, Wondering Minds want to know but we will have to ask "Maddie".

There was one phone call in the CA probable cause (iirc went to voicemail?) that was mentioned of a call to HA from LR ?? redacted # (in CA probable cause iirc.. )

The PC said it was not SG, and it was somebody who was in the premier parking lot, and it was also a number that had called HA on July 1st.

So that means it would have come from LR phone...ORrrrr SG other second phone???. ( the phone number was redacted, but reading through the lines in the previous paragraph of the redaction, to me it was obvious it was LR phone, or second SG dump phone.. which phone had also contacted him on July 1st! During that flurry of calls)

Moo

ETA Charlie Adelson 24 pages of probable cause doc attached. Imho must read for those who have not read it yet, and or want to review it.

Attachments

• PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf
    883.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hmmm, Wondering Minds want to know but we will have to ask "Maddie".

There was one phone call in the CA probable cause (iirc went to voicemail?) that was mentioned of a call to HA from LR ?? redacted # (in CA probable cause iirc.. )

The PC said it was not SG, and it was somebody who was in the premier parking lot, and it was also a number that had called HA on July 1st.

So that means it would have come from LR phone...ORrrrr SG other second phone???. ( the phone number was redacted, but reading through the lines in the previous paragraph of the redaction, to me it was obvious it was LR phone, or second SG dump phone.. which phone had also contacted him on July 1st! During that flurry of calls)

Moo

ETA Charlie Adelson 24 pages of probable cause doc attached. Imho must read for those who have not read it yet, and or want to review it.
I think that's saying that there was a call from SG's phone to HA on July 1. Later it seems to say that a phone that was in the Premier parking lot (i.e., LR's phone) was a frequent contact of the phone (i.e., SG's) that made the July 1 call to HA. I don't think there is any claim of a direct contact btwn LR and any of the Adelsons. JMO.

I think that's saying that there was a call from SG's phone to HA on July 1. Later it seems to say that a phone that was in the Premier parking lot (i.e., LR's phone) was a frequent contact of the phone (i.e., SG's) that made the July 1 call to HA. I don't think there is any claim of a direct contact btwn LR and any of the Adelsons. JMO.

That too, yet That's not what I was referring to.
ETA
I'll take time tomorrow to better outline and link what I am talking about. Here are screenshots of pages referred to. Start reading beginning at the second to last paragraph of the first screenshot through the first paragraph of the second page.

How do others interpret? Is it LR phone, or another SG phone that is being referred to that contacted HA on July 1st and the day of the murder? As the previous paragraph says it was not SG phone they had tracked.

Moo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191002-214547_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20191002-214547_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20191002-214606_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20191002-214606_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The homicide was July 18, 2014. Per WFSU, Lacasse testified that Wendi confided to him about this on July 13, 2014 -- so 5 days before. Day Three: Wendi Adelson's Ex Testifies, Contradicting Her Statements

Thanks! From link ( new outlet to me I will have to follow )

"“On July 13th, 2014, Wendi and I were speaking and she asked if she could share something with me confidentially. I told her sure," said Lacasse. "She mentioned or she said that Charlie had explored all options to take care of the problem and that he had looked into having Professor Markel killed it would cost about 15 thousand dollars. I later talked to Investigator Isom I told him it could’ve been 50 thousand, they sound an awful lot alike.”

He says that was the same day she asked to take a break from the relationship. Dan Markel was killed 5 days later."

actually the last part - about Wendi suggesting to investigators it may have been Lacasse is super telling in my mind: She was the only one who knew he left town early, and he had told everyone he is leaving that day of the murder around the time of the murder, and his route was passing near Dan's house - so it almost sounds like she selected the perfect day for the murder, where her family might not be implicated and instead a boyfriend she had already decided to end things with would be...
I know it was yesterday but does anyone have a take on Jeff Lacasse yesterday. I thought he painted quite a picture with WA,

1. almost out of the blue, confiding on JULY 13 that CA looked into engaging a hit man the previous summer. Not just a joke. It really struck a blow against the narrative of “Oh Charlie, he so crazy!! That whacky joker” that WA had on the stand.

2. Also the June 4 nervousness —she was unusually freaked out—- and we know the dynamic duo who had pretty much just got to Tallahassee as she freaked out.

3. WA and Jeff had a double date in Miami with CA and KM in March 2014. Not sure that all 4 were in the hot tub after but he testified they were all at dinner together

4. He testified WA was in South Florida on July 1. That was the date of the ‘flurry’ of phone activity CA, KM, SG including calls to HA number.

5. And the general bitterness about the divorce and DM that WA had, compared to her testimony that she wasn’t really bothered with DMs court filings and she was so relieved to be stuck in Tallahassee

The part about him possibly being set up as a suspect as he was about to leave town 7/18 11am, I don’t know about that. Police would have ruled him and his car out based on traffic and other camera in the area.

• This!! And the fact that she called him after the murder and drove by his place way out of the way. I think she thought she was smarter than everyone else and would get away with it no problem. Sooo relieved she is getting caught because as TTF14 pointed out those 2 innocent Markel children need to be away from the Adelson’s clutches.
Actually, I was referring to the perspective that WA repeatedly blurting out the hitman allegations are a strong indication of her not having been directly involved.

I can only speak for myself, but if I was conspiring with my brother to have my ex murdered by a hitman, I wouldn't ever use the word 'hitman' in conversation, and never in connection with my brother planning to hire one to kill my ex, and most certainly not to police. I think that's just human nature, to cover up if you have a guilty conscience. The idea that she was deliberately letting it slip, in order to somehow frame her brother doesn't make sense. For one thing, she doesn't want her brother to get caught, and for another, if he was caught, so could she.

It seems to me a quite simple thing for DA to know, from Wendi, when DM was in town, and to know that they each took the kids to school early. The hitmen were told to wait at his home, follow him to the daycare to ensure he dropped them off, then follow him throughout the day until they had an opportunity to kill him. They could have followed him for hours. Why would Wendi know what specifically he was planning to do that day?

Maybe she drove near her old home because that's the route she knew from having lived there a long time, and had never bothered to learn alternate routes. Maybe she went to the liquor store closer to her old home because that was the one she was used to going to, and liked.

I think it's quite possible she had what people on this board call a 'spidey sense', or 'hinky metre' going off about something going on, but I don't think she was consciously aware of the plot. I think she's extremely loyal to her family and is playing Hear no evil, See no evil.

actually the last part - about Wendi suggesting to investigators it may have been Lacasse is super telling in my mind: She was the only one who knew he left town early, and he had told everyone he is leaving that day of the murder around the time of the murder, and his route was passing near Dan's house - so it almost sounds like she selected the perfect day for the murder, where her family might not be implicated and instead a boyfriend she had already decided to end things with would be...

What karma for her! Well deserved
Karma for sure.

If she was on trial, her attorney would be all over Jeff as to how he was a spurned ex-boyfriend! He would be coming up with all sorts of things. But since Wendi isn't involved, at this stage of Justice, there is no one to speak to such.

Garcia attorney did not, Katie attorney did not.

So Jeffrey got to get on the stand and had no pushback at all as to any reason he would be lying. And the state therefore lays the foundation with this stage of going after the folks that are behind it all.

Karma, just fabulous Karma.

So where do cockroaches go when the sunshine (laws) gets too bright?

just an FYI that Dan started dating alot later than WA after the divorce. Lacasse may have been lined up already the day she left. Dan was actually ok with him - he said he seems decent and good with his boys, though it was sad for him that WA would let JL babysit (while she went out as far as I remember), when Dan was so wanting to spend every minute he could with them. But he didn't try to do anything about it.

That's maybe what he wanted, but I don't think it's ever that simple, even when kinder people than Wendi are going through the aftermath of a divorce. It sounds to me like she was playing him. She may have wanted to parade a high-status, attractive boyfriend in front of DM, to compete with DM's having a new girlfriend, and maybe prove to herself that she was highly desirable and could enslave another man whenever she wanted.

Actually, I was referring to the perspective that WA repeatedly blurting out the hitman allegations are a strong indication of her not having been directly involved.

I can only speak for myself, but if I was conspiring with my brother to have my ex murdered by a hitman, I wouldn't ever use the word 'hitman' in conversation, and never in connection with my brother planning to hire one to kill my ex, and most certainly not to police. I think that's just human nature, to cover up if you have a guilty conscience. The idea that she was deliberately letting it slip, in order to somehow frame her brother doesn't make sense. For one thing, she doesn't want her brother to get caught, and for another, if he was caught, so could she.

It seems to me a quite simple thing for DA to know, from Wendi, when DM was in town, and to know that they each took the kids to school early. The hitmen were told to wait at his home, follow him to the daycare to ensure he dropped them off, then follow him throughout the day until they had an opportunity to kill him. They could have followed him for hours. Why would Wendi know what specifically he was planning to do that day?

Maybe she drove near her old home because that's the route she knew from having lived there a long time, and had never bothered to learn alternate routes. Maybe she went to the liquor store closer to her old home because that was the one she was used to going to, and liked.

I think it's quite possible she had what people on this board call a 'spidey sense', or 'hinky metre' going off about something going on, but I don't think she was consciously aware of the plot. I think she's extremely loyal to her family and is playing Hear no evil, See no evil.

Nope, I disagree. I think the reason she kept mentioning Hitman is because she accidentally got really upset with her boyfriend and she blurted something out because she was pissed that he was challenging her about being unfaithful. And she was referring to relationships in a very upset State of Mind. The better question is why did she mention a Hitman five days before, and then follow it again and again once he was murdered.

Moo, she was trying to cover what she blurted out because she knew it might come out in the investigation. She thought the best defense was a good offense.

But I don't think there's any evidence the murder was planned for that time. SG phoned KM and said they'd done it 'already', ie sooner than expected. No one could have known DM was going to go to the gym and then get home around 11. He could have gone shopping, or to his office, or met
up with a friend, etc.

Nope, I disagree. I think the reason she kept mentioning Hitman is because she accidentally got really upset with her boyfriend and she blurted something out because she was pissed that he was challenging her about being unfaithful. And she was referring to relationships in a very upset State of Mind. The better question is why did she mention a Hitman five days before, and then follow it again and again once he was murdered.

Moo, she was trying to cover what she blurted out because she knew it might come out in the investigation. She thought the best defense was a good offense.
I was starting to think about that as well.... Did she turn it into "a joke" told by CA so she could try to somehow later claim that what she (allegedly) said to Lacasse was just the same "joke." JMO.

Unfortunately, and imo, WA is evil. Her "slip of the lips re her brother putting out a contract on DM" was premeditated and said to as many people as possible so she would be sure SHE wasn't blamed for it. She planted that little bug in everyone's ear so she could appear "innocent" when the execution went down.

Ah - I see what you’re saying. Sorry I misunderstood. This could all be true! I’m sure she regrets saying that word and sure her family is not happy about it. I really thought this too until this trial and now I think she did know but was nervous and not sure it was really going to happen and how to act. But who knows? We may never know the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice for Brenda Goudge