GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised to hear how serious the relationship was it sounded like she was lining him up as husband number two.

That's maybe what he wanted, but I don't think it's ever that simple, even when kinder people than Wendi are going through the aftermath of a divorce. It sounds to me like she was playing him. She may have wanted to parade a high-status, attractive boyfriend in front of DM, to compete with DM's having a new girlfriend, and maybe prove to herself that she was highly desirable and could enslave another man whenever she wanted.

I was on the fence about WA. So many things just set “wrong” with me even before her testimony. Her police interview didn’t seem genuine. I would have expected her to ask about the safety of her children immediately (or maybe she did before the tape began and knew they were ok). Another thing - her crying seemed fake, and she even shook her head yes when LE told her Dan had been shot. I would love for a body language expert to weigh in on this. Also, she is still very close to her family - and very much with CA, her shady brother who joked about hiring the hit on Dan. That’s so bizarre to me - why wouldn’t she want to distance herself if she wasn’t involved somehow? If you watch her initial interview again now (especially after seeing and hearing her testimony) you might wonder why you believed her to be innocent. This woman is up to her eyeballs in the murder plot, and may even be the one who came up with the plan.
Boy, was I ever on the wrong side of the fence on Wendy's innocence. She had me fooled. I do think she will eventually get an Academy award nomination for her murder day police interview performance. I was really snookered. I now think that she could be the REAL mastermind and actually drew Charlie and Mom in the plot. They all must be sweating bullets. Hopefully, the Martels kept the phone number of Child Protective.
When SG is sentenced to the death penalty and KM receives life in prison w/o the possibility of parole. Things will start moving in a different direction, unless KM feels comfortable at the Lowell Correctional Institution for women in Ocala and her children's father receives a dose of Pancuronium bromide, Potassium chloride, and Sodium thiopental down the road in Starks courtesy of the State of Florida... Deterrence at it's finest.

Last edited:
That's maybe what he wanted, but I don't think it's ever that simple, even when kinder people than Wendi are going through the aftermath of a divorce. It sounds to me like she was playing him. She may have wanted to parade a high-status, attractive boyfriend in front of DM, to compete with DM's having a new girlfriend, and maybe prove to herself that she was highly desirable and could enslave another man whenever she wanted.

Good points. Since it sounds like DM was not planning on staying at FSU forever I wonder what would have happened to their custody arrangements then. His new love was indeed very accomplished career wise although she was also about 50 at the time of DMs murder so had a much longer academic legal career than even DM. I doubt she would have moved from NYC to FL.

Probably so, and she willingly went along with it and cooperated with CA and gave him details about where Dan would be. I can’t see how this was perfectly planned without WA’s help.

No way. Someone had to know Dan's daily routine. Would Charlie know? Would Donna know? Highly doubtful unless Wendi told them. She'd know. This family is diabolical. The MARKEL boys need to get away from them and be reared by people who will not make them into little sociopaths.

If she was fully involved, then I think WA is the worst conspirator ever, since she couldn't keep her mouth shut about CA hiring a hitman!
- told Lacasse, a few days before the murder
-by her own admission, told the TV repairman on the morning of the murder
- told police, very early during her questioning.

If she was directly involved, why would she be continually blurting this out? Wouldn't a bad conscience keep her lips better zipped?

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 4 Witness: Luis Rivera - Co-Defendant Part 3

Oct 2, 2019

----

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 4 Witness: Luis Rivera - Co-Defendant Part 4

Oct 2, 2019

If she was fully involved, then I think WA is the worst conspirator ever, since she couldn't keep her mouth shut about CA hiring a hitman!

If she was directly involved, why would she be continually blurting this out? Wouldn't a bad conscience keep her lips better zipped?

Also in the police interview excerpts she says, the person who killed Danny should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But then she says, if it's someone in her family that would be different. It's played at around 22 minutes into the Who Would Do This? episode of the Over My Dead Body podcast.

I think she testified they live in Broward County and she lives in Miami-Dade County currently.
I thought she testified that she and her parents live in Miami-Dade County and Charlie is in Broward. Reading between the lines and the fact that her parents used to drive up from Miami to Tallahassee to help her on her days with the kids after the separation (which I’m sorry is ridiculous IMO and I’m saying this as a single mother... she was not working shift work for one thing... I would never ask family to do that...) and her query employment I’d say she might live with them now.

This!! And the fact that she called him after the murder and drove by his place way out of the way. I think she thought she was smarter than everyone else and would get away with it no problem. Sooo relieved she is getting caught because as TTF14 pointed out those 2 innocent Markel children need to be away from the Adelson’s clutches.

Last edited:
I thought she testified that she and her parents live in Miami-Dade County and Charlie is in Broward. Reading between the lines and the fact that her parents used to drive up from Miami to Tallahassee to help her on her days with the kids after the separation (which I’m sorry is ridiculous IMO and I’m saying this as a single mother... she was not working shift work for one thing... I would never ask family to do that...) and her query employment I’d say she might live with them now.

You are right I was wrong she said she lives in Miami Dade and so do the Parents and Charlie in Broward.

I wonder if we will hear from the TV repairman. At the end of testimony today the State said they hope to wrap up by mid-day Monday and that they are considering axing some of their planned witnesses.
That would be interesting. I hope we hear from LR’s girlfriend as well that was recorded talking to KM on her phone. She definitely has some information.

That would be interesting. I hope we hear from LR’s girlfriend as well that was recorded talking to KM on her phone. She definitely has some information.

I think I'm out of the loop or have forgotten anything about recorded phone calls. Can you (or anyone) refresh my memory about this and any other recorded calls?

I think I'm out of the loop or have forgotten anything about recorded phone calls. Can you (or anyone) refresh my memory about this and any other recorded calls?
I only remember because this week I have been listening to the podcast “Over My Dead Body” and in 2016 the police had a wiretap on KM’s phone just before and after SG was arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3