GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This agent gives as good as he gets. His whole body language speaks volumes.

I think DaCoste is doing what he's supposed to be doing but he's so abrasive that he's got to be alienating the jury just like he's alienating us. He would be more effective without the brashness.

maybe law enforcement should have temporarily released Rivera under some guise and wired him up and had him go meet with SG and KM and get them to talk about the conspiracy.

Doubtful, as he was in custody of feds under RICO charge at the time.

ETA - moo

Last edited:
I think DaCoste is doing what he's supposed to be doing but he's so abrasive that he's got to be alienating the jury just like he's alienating us. He would be more effective without the brashness.

Depends on how the jury is leaning. If they're inclined prosecution, they likely find DeCoste's style alienating. If they're leaning defense, they likely find him strong and pugnacious. Very much like politics. When people agree with a political figure, they tend to find a way to like their style whatever it may be. When they disagree with a political figure, they tend to find their style abrasive and off-putting. Bottom line, our substantive opinions often determine our preferences about style. Would be interesting to actually see the jury and clock their reactions to DeCoste--that might tell us a lot about where their heads are at. I can't follow the live feed so no chance I could do this, unfortunately.

DaCoste has managed to make this agent not look great. The agent is getting frustrated and impatient and that's DaCoste's goal. To make the agent look like he was gunning for KM and trying to intimidate his way into making a case. The plane fly over surveillance does seem like overkill. And all these agents, guns drawn to arrest one woman also seems like overkill. So I think DaCoste is being effective in getting under this agent's skin. The funny thing is none of the defense attys could get under Rivera's skin. He came off so credible and likable even though he's' a gang leader/murderer. And that's very good for the state.

eta: If the agent looks impatient on the stand then it looks like he may rush to judgement and not take his time to be "objective." He could look like the type of person who makes up his mind and finds facts to fit his conclusions. The agent is barely able to stop himself from rolling his eyes at this point. And he's getting prickly with DaCoste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member