GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I did not know both had disabilities. I figured that was a sympathy tactic on the stand...

they sure did blow that money fairly quickly on themselves: cars, motorcycles, boobies, gambling :eek:

and not knocking the knockers everyone has them in Texas except me :p

not KNOCKING the KNOCKERS ... Everyone knows everything's bigger here in TEXAS!! LOL

Oh! And who makes an appointment for a tv repairman for a crack in a tv when one of your kids threw something at it to cause the crack? That lie flew out of her mouth so fast she didn’t realize how stupid it was! I love how WA gives GC (and LE) too much information when she’s nervous.

ETA - and if Miss Georgia C has the email to back up that Donna made that appointment- she needs to whip it out in court next time!

Oh! And who makes an appointment for a tv repairman for a crack in a tv when one of your kids threw something at it to cause the crack? That lie flew out of her mouth so fast she didn’t realize how stupid it was! I love how WA gives GC (and LE) too much information when she’s nervous.
We cracked ours it takes incredible force. Called two repair places and they would not even consider looking at it. I believe they said it would be cheaper to buy a new one.....

Juror interview is hitting Facebook.

Justice for Dan page

General consensus the same as here. I hope she is seeing this (not this) but SM.

ETA: deleted name calling

Last edited:

ETA - and if Miss Georgia C has the email to back up that Donna made that appointment- she needs to whip it out in court next time!
That whole tv repair thing is so weird. There must be a record of what the repair was for and GC seemed pretty certain that DA made the appointment. Would like to know that info... I think the question about what the repair was for came from the jury. Jury questions were good. They asked questions that I wanted answers to -- ones that the attorneys seemed afraid to ask because they didn't know what the witness would say.

And the part where she had to really think hard about how old Dan was when he was murdered. How do you forget that?
that is why I will always believe LR's testimony

All his answers pretty much flowed out of his mouth, he is a criminal so I don't doubt he omitted some things...and of course he has his motives (deal)

Then you have WA forgetting and IMO lying about things you don't even have to lie about....parents rich, CA car, crime scene visit

the juror did note that it would not even be possible to see as they were familiar with that street

that is why I will always believe LR's testimony

All his answers pretty much flowed out of his mouth, he is a criminal so I don't doubt he omitted some things...and of course he has his motives (deal)

Then you have WA forgetting and IMO lying about things you don't even have to lie about....parents rich, CA car, crime scene visit

the juror did note that it would not even be possible to see as they were familiar with that street
So odd - all the little lies that she didn’t even need to tell, but told anyway. Why? Who does that.

About not being able to see the tape, are you saying that WA could not have seen the tape as she drove by? Didn’t LE have a photo or something of her vehicle - or one that looked like it?

I used to live in Tally and I know where this beautiful neighborhood is. It was just a little north of the place I rented when I attended FSU, but I don’t remember what you can see from the main road.

ETA - never mind on the dumb question about seeing the tape. I found my answer!

Last edited:
That whole tv repair thing is so weird. There must be a record of what the repair was for and GC seemed pretty certain that DA made the appointment. Would like to know that info... I think the question about what the repair was for came from the jury. Jury questions were good. They asked questions that I wanted answers to -- ones that the attorneys seemed afraid to ask because they didn't know what the witness would say.

They really did ask good questions. I'm glad the judge allowed that.

Before Florida man died, ex-brother-in-law joked about hiring hitman

That trip to the liquor store has always bothered me (and a lot of others here). It just appeared so out of WA’s way. This older article states that the stock the bar party was being held the evening of the murder. Wonder if LE ever verified that with the party givers or got the list of alcohol and the bourbon checked out? I wanted WA to be busted on that so bad. I wanted to see evidence that there wasn’t a party and that she lied about that too.

and to think that was Wendi after hours of coaching I am sure

I guess they never thought to cover the part where under any circumstance you don't laugh on the stand at the murder trial of your ex-husband /father of your childern

I watched her neck closely while watching, it was telling...a little gulp or quick breathe here and there
Especially when she didn't know how to spell "Jibbers" and GC mentioned she had it programmed into her phone. I can only imagine what the State has in the can on her. Law Enforcement had to have been tapping their phones days after she hightailed it out of Tallahassee after she ignored the TPD's phone call to set up an interview in 2014.

Last edited:

That trip to the liquor store has always bothered me (and a lot of others here). It just appeared so out of WA’s way. This older article states that the stock the bar party was being held the evening of the murder. Wonder if LE ever verified that with the party givers or got the list of alcohol and the bourbon checked out? I wanted WA to be busted on that so bad. I wanted to see evidence that there wasn’t a party and that she lied about that too.

They may be saving that.

Especially when she didn't know how to spell "Jibbles" and GC mentioned she had it programmed into her phone. I can only imagine what the State has in the can on her. Law Enforcement had to have been tapping their phones days after she hightailed it out of Tallahassee after she ignored the TPD's phone call to set up an interview in 2014.

lol "Jibbers" not "Jibbles" :) (I know, it's late....I should be in bed....)

GC was limited on how much she could probe into WA's testimony because of the Limited Immunity clause. She obviously knows her hands were all over the plot to kill DM. IMO. Did you have a stash of cash? In other words did you help pay for the hit. They know she did...now they have to prove it too. Some here at WS may be thinking the State is dragging their feet. IMO. They know exactly what they are doing...Their main cry right along is We want to bring all involved in this crime to justice.

Especially when she didn't know how to spell "Jibbles" and GC mentioned she had it programmed into her phone. I can only imagine what the State has in the can on her. Law Enforcement had to have been tapping their phones days after she hightailed it out of Tallahassee after she ignored the TPD's phone call to set up an interview in 2014.
That was one of my favorite moments especially when the judge himself questioned her and had her spell it for him.....it just brought more attention to the lie.

J I B B E RS

I hope they were taping her. I read somewhere Lacasse said WA got rid of her phone because she thought it was being bugged after the police took it.

I always hoped Lacasse worked with the police to try to get her to say something incriminating. Wishful thinking. He seemed to put two and two together fairly quickly how he was being set up to be her patsy. Since she was the ONLY one he had told about his travel plans.

So odd - all the little lies that she didn’t even need to tell, but told anyway. Why? Who does that.

About not being able to see the tape, are you saying that WA could not have seen the tape as she drove by? Didn’t LE have a photo or something of her vehicle - or one that looked like it?

I used to live in Tally and I know where this beautiful neighborhood is. It was just a little north of the place I rented when I attended FSU, but I don’t remember what you can see from the main road.

ETA - never mind on the dumb question about seeing the tape. I found my answer!
Someone might have to help me out on this one.

I don't exactly recall what WA testified to but I know the juror stated in the interview that it would be impossible to see the tape from that street as they were familiar with that street. The juror may have even said ridiculous.

The juror also said they believed the government LOL the cop that testified she did the 3 point turn putting her exactly at the scene.

I live in Tallahassee. Based on where she lived (I believe it was in some transcript or her testimony on the stand), where she went to lunch and where the liquor store was there was absolutely no good reason for her to go to that liquor store. There were at least 2 liquor stores within a few blocks of the lunch place. Think of it as a triangle with the liquor store she went to being a single point at the bottom and her home and the restaurant being the two points at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne