GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just brought it up. at 36:50:

“...police discover that garcia and rivera had made another trip to Tallahassee roughly a month before Dan’s murder...as they were driving in front of Markel’s house, they saw Wendi...”

this special had the cooperation of SAO, Cappleman is interviewed.

could be a mistake.

Just watched and you are right. The guy talking states the sighting was on the first trip. Hmm.

Even crazier, and hasn't been discussed, is about the THIRD TRIP, NOT the June or July 2014 trips by Rivera and Sigfreido. Perhaps the one that Wendi mentions to Lacasse (during the relo battle) -- either 15 or 50k? I think so. A jailhouse snitch also had more to say on that.

"McNair, who shared a cell with Garcia and two others, came forward in December and told investigators Garcia had talked about being hired to kill someone."
"Garcia said he was approached by his "baby mama," who had been asked by a woman named "Don Adelson" to kill someone for money, McNair told an investigator in a recorded interview."
"Garcia said the same woman had paid $50,000 to two other people, but they took the money and never followed through with the killing, McNair said."
'That's what we went to go kill that man for': New details emerge in FSU professor's killing

"The inmate’s statements are consistent with information other cellmates of Garcia’s have brought to investigators and with what Rivera revealed."
Garcia cellmate comes forward with information on Markel

Garcia referred to the woman as “a mother-in-law or grandmother that wanted the man killed to get custody of two children,” records obtained by the Tallahassee Democrat say.
Informants' interviews force Markel trial delay

Now, during the trial, there is a guy brought up -- another gang member. I think it was Luis or Katie on the stand and feel like it was Decoste questioning. A guys name, maybe Eric Meijeas? (IDK) or something, who has since died in a motorcycle accident after the murder. I need to go back and listen. Anyone willing to pick up the torch and try to find -- please do. It could be a dead-end, but it's out there.

The Third Trip: Listen starting at 59:00. It references Riveria deposition, where Katherine Magbanua's $ 2 private attorneys fly to Arizona $, to interview Luis Riveria in prison.

Kawass: So now let's talk about when...
Kawass: "OH!"
Kawass: Now over the past couple of days you testified that there were only two trips in this case right?
Riveria: Yes mam
Kawass: Isn't it true there was a third one?
Riveria: I can't remember
Kawass: You can't remember? okay.
Kawass: Do you remember telling me in the deposition that there was a third trip, that didn't involve you?
Riveria: oh yeah, I remember telling you that, but it wasn't me.
Kawass: okay no, but you remember telling me that you...
Rivera: I told you he probably came up here with someone else.
Kawass: okay
Rivera: That's what you told you.
Kawass: But you told us about that right?
Rivera: Yeah
Hawass: Okay, and that I think your words were that he went up there with another King?
Rivera: Ya
Kawass: But you never mentioned that in ANY ONE of your other statements! correct?
Riveria: Nobody asked me but you.
Kawass: I asked you if there was a third trip or you offered that information to me?
Riveria: You asked me if there were more trips.

I caught this at the time and was hoping we could discuss a bit here. What do you make of it?

Last edited:
Now, during the trial, there is a guy brought up -- another gang member. I think it was Luis or Katie on the stand and feel like it was Decosse questioning. A guys name, maybe Eric Meijeas? (IDK) or something, who has since died in a motorcycle accident after the murder. I need to go back and listen. Anyone willing to pick up the torch and try to find -- please do. It could be a dead-end, but it's out there.

I caught this at the time and was hoping we could discuss a bit here. What do you make of it?
RSBM
I don't think his name was ever brought up at trial. I do recall on the thread there were discussions about the anonymous letters that are in the recent discovery documents (not sure if that is right term).

We discussed the FB guy and HE rambles about an Eric M.

ETA: we were speculating they could have come from him....search DanMarkel and EricM on FB it pops right up

Anthony Ortiz may have made an earlier trip. Dead from a supposed motorcycle accident.

supposedly he’s the guy who was spotted with garcia walking behind markel’s house, fell into the canal. eyewitness said that was in June.

Rivera said on the early June trip, Garcia already knew his way around Tally

who knows how many trips there were.

I think the third trip was probably completely drug related....maybe SG made a connection there in one of the prior trips and had another deal (drug deal) completely unrelated to these murders.

Maybe...This case is so convoluted. Feels like I decided to care about a murder case that seemed like a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle, but it turns out its 5000 pieces and has no clear border.

Anthony Ortiz may have made an earlier trip. Dead from a supposed motorcycle accident.

supposedly he’s the guy who was spotted with garcia walking behind markel’s house, fell into the canal. eyewitness said that was in June.

THANK YOU, that was bugging me. The Eric Miejas or whatever has to do with the person behind the unhinged posts on the Justice for Dan FB page. I believe that person sent emails to the SA and those made it to the court docket recently.

Could this be one of the people that was robbed on the trip by Riveria -- per the trial? I need to go back and find and listen to that bit.

Last edited:
1. earlier plot McNair refers to, date unknown, but makes it clear it wasn’t Garcia- hit men stole the money.

2. June 3 - first trip. Garcia already knows his way around, implying an earlier trip by him alone or with someone other than Rivera.

3. earlier in the week of July 18, a weekday, eyewitness reports the two guys who fell into the canal. rivera says that wasn’t him. (details in SG’s probable cause PDF)

4. July 16, final trip.

we won’t know the real story until arrests are made but this is what we know so far

1. earlier plot McNair refers to, date unknown, but makes it clear it wasn’t Garcia- hit men stole the money.

2. June 3 - first trip. Garcia already knows his way around, implying an earlier trip by him alone or with someone other than Rivera.

3. earlier in the week of July 18, a weekday, eyewitness reports the two guys who fell into the canal. rivera says that wasn’t him. (details in SG’s probable cause PDF)

4. July 16, final trip.

we won’t know the real story until arrests are made but this is what we know so far

thank you. very clear.

A robust tribute page -- tons of pictures. Sad.
Anthony Saldana Ortiz Obituary - North Miami, FL

Notice anyone here? Could that be SHRIMP there too ;/ ?
Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 1.04.20 PM.png

Last edited:

Why do you think it is Anthony?
@reallybusy
Are ya'll trying to make a Latin King connection to who could have been on the unknown trip with SG?
I may have one if so....but not sure what is going on....

Last edited:
Katherine Magbanua may soon get to be reunited with her push up bra and may even get the opportunity to conspire with her alledged co-conspirators face-to-face. Judge Hawkinson set a hearing for an hour for her pre-trial release motion on Feb 20 at 9 am.

I remember something before about a recording-- Charlie is selling Magbanua on the low cost of living in the Philippians and how it's an attractive option. Never heard the actual tape, so don't know. But maybe they are going to use it to argue flight risk? It would be a real tragedy if she walks free before her retrial.

DTPeke -- Can only speak for me, but yeah, I think it's plausible. Alfred_P, care to share the source on that? Think it was in the trial testimony. I'm confident it's buried somewhere but will take me time to find it.

IMO

Last edited:
DTPeke -- Can only speak for me, but yeah, I think it's plausible. Alfred_P, care to share the source on that? Think it was in the trial testimony. I'm confident it's buried somewhere but will take me time to find it.

Anthony name's is mentioned .....at 18:10:00 and at 21:34 in video below. I never caught that and that he took LR phone as well...

SOUTH FLORIDA NEWS
Your trusted source for all things on family, murder & other fanciful fiction

MEDICAL BREAKTHROUGH: MAYO CLINIC RESEARCHERS ANNOUNCE NEW MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 4.16.57 PM.png
JACKSONVILLE, 9 AM EST: Researchers at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville have just introduced and adopted a new medical term, which is a derivative of what's commonly referred to as a "Napoleon Complex." This new medical term, MAESTRO COMPLEX, was coined to honor local toothman/Florida-man Charles Adelson, who has been widely exposed for his alleged role in the ruthless and sloppy murder of his nephews' loving father. His nephews were just toddlers at the time (A Professor's Murder in Tallahassee Was a Contract Hit, Prosecutors Say).

For background, in medical terms
"The Napoleon complex is often associated with the name of Alfred Adler, a former associate of Sigmund Freud and the founder of Individual Psychology. A key concept in Adler’s theory was the inferiority complex." (https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences/applied-and-social-sciences-magazines/napoleon-complex)

Or in layman's terms
A personality complex that consists of power trips and false machismo to make up for short height and feelings of inferiority. (Urban Dictionary: napoleon complex)

To obtain a diagnosis for the NEW Maestro Complex, the researchers say the subject must have additional symptoms present to distinguish the new "Maestro" level status to be above the current threshold for a Napoleon Complex diagnosis. To be accurately diagnosed, the subject, clinical research has found, must have the following symptoms or characteristics present:

1) Long-standing dependence on performance-enhancing supplements; and
2) Flaunts wealth in a manner that lacks taste and class; and
3) Surrounds oneself with and has a penchant for dim-witted women who don't ask questions and who have self-esteem issues of their own; and
4) Inability to sustain intimate and meaningful friendships; and
5) Sleeps next to a "go-bag"; and
6) Overall unlikable; common and repeated characterizations may include the word "douchebag"; and
7) Acts as if what's important now in mid-life, is the same as to what was important to the subject in 7th grade or thereabouts (arrested development); and
8) Subjected to years of lousy mothering; and
9) A classic "know-it-all"

When should one seek medical treatment?

- Life is currently in ruins or is at sudden risk of being in ruins; or
- Bank account is bleeding due to legal bills; or
- The lives of people close to you, such as family members or significant others, are in ruins or are at sudden risk of; or
- SEVERE impotence

If any of this sounds like you, please seek medical treatment immediately.

IMO and for satire.

Last edited:
What is South Florida News? Sorry, have not kept up with this part. Is this a local newspaper? I hope I don't sound stupid. :confused:
Your trusted source for all things on family, murder & other fanciful fiction.

Created by a fellow Websluther for our reading enjoyment. It is what we wished was in the actual South Florida newspapers...

Upthread Edition 1 almost gave me heart palpitations. I thought Donna had been arrested.

It is the most genuine fake news I have read. LOL:);)

Your trusted source for all things on family, murder & other fanciful fiction.

Created by a fellow Websluther for our reading enjoyment. It is what we wished was in the actual South Florida newspapers...

Upthread Edition 1 almost gave me heart palpitations. I thought Donna had been arrested.

It is the most genuine fake news I have read. LOL:);)
Thank you! I agree, I thought it was real! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member